CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

7 minutes ago, Arlong said:

But we’re talking about the need of the punishment! I don’t give a FUCK! About you having a good time as an individual. The team needs to be punished for getting carried away with Overnading, rocketing, sniping(hardways example of strafing into the crosshairs). It doesn’t matter if these situations are rare, the facts are they happen, and can be game changing. I’ve lost and won games because of accidental grenadine teammates, there’s been times where doing that made it so they needed an extra kill which helped win my team the game. You may hate being punished for what your team did, but I do not. This isn’t an individual only game. 

Cool. I don't think I should be punished for your idiotic mistake. In a game where I am playing as an individual. It's literally 8 individuals. I'm not gonna take free deaths because you as an individual are braindead and nade me. I know its a team game. That doesn't change the fact that I am my own person. This isn't some black and white bullshit. Where what you want is the only way. Which is why this conversation is even happening. You pretend like the other way just CAN'T be done. Based on your own opinion. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Cool. I don't think I should be punished for your idiotic mistake. In a game where I am playing as an individual. It's literally 8 individuals. I'm not gonna take free deaths because you as an individual are braindead and nade me. I know its a team game. That doesn't change the fact that I am my own person. This isn't some black and white bullshit. Where what you want is the only way. Which is why this conversation is even happening. You pretend like the other way just CAN'T be done. Based on your own opinion. 

Because you shouldn’t be allowed to make stupid plays yourself! You being in an area I Grenade is also your fault! 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Because you shouldn’t be allowed to make stupid plays yourself! You being in an area I Grenade is also your fault! 

Lmaoooooooooooooooo okay man. Whatever you say. I'm guessing you frequently nade your team huh? What sound logic. You threw the nade. You see where your team is. Crazy thought man but like maybe don't throw the nade when a teammate is right there. Or just take the damage and move on. And I know you like friendly fire. When we played you literally betrayed Nick for shotty. And me for no reason. You're exactly why we want it turned off. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Not trying to blame anyone but do you think being in party chat could have anything to do with why you get betrayed so often?  Like, you could have a teammate telling you they are going to rush snipe then you race over and pick it up right before him so he betrays you?

4 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

Is it necessary to record enemy position as well? Damage taken by an enemy with any single 'attack' or 'engagement' is already a function of distance and positing so you could probably just pass the ratio of damage done between the enemy and teammate while the game keeps track of what medium the damage comes from (nades, rockets, guns), with some built in 'forgiveness' if an enemy receives any damage in the case of FF but almost instant retribution if that number is 0.

I imagine the damage output of individual explosives would be tracked and calculated as the ratio of aggregate enemy damage vs individual teammate damage (griefing is usually targeted in my experience, it also adjusts the weight of one specific variable more cleanly than aggregate v aggregate) and a certain threshold has to be reached before a prompt appears. If you nuke one teammate but wound two enemies, the algorithm gets that that could have been an okay trade and you just fucked up. If you nuke one teammate as they're just chilling, away from anything, you they get a chance to kick you out of the game and carry on as if nothing ever happened.

For normal FF, I imagine this would be the same but over a time interval, and maybe values from both explosives and FF would be considered when the determining to kick a teammate. These values could probably also stay recorded for the entire game, with previous values added to current FFdamage values adjusted for time elapsed in between. If a player exhibits a pattern of hitting allies, then, they have a much lower threshold for future damage before the prompt appears.

I'm sure this idea is riddled with holes. I literally just woke up and I'm still languishing in my underwear before getting ready for work so I'm not in prime headspace.

My idea for enemy position was mostly for in situations where I'm sniping cross map and a teammate walks in front of it or a teammate walks in front of my grenade/rocket. We could be isolated on the map from enemy positions and you wouldn't have any damage to enemies register in those situations. Does that count against you for griefing? 

8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Are we really getting baited into one of these agonizing conversations again? This is literally the power weapon argument 2.0. It starts with a complaint that isn't real (griefing in ranked) and turns into a gongshow of micro-analyzing every aspect of a tiny part of the game when the actual conclusion is that both ways could work fine so there's no point in changing it.

I mean conversations get pretty stagnant. Its at least something different than power weapon argument. I'm not really interested in disabling FF, but I am interested in tweaking reporting systems and how you would calculate who is and isn't worthy of being punished for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

For some reason this feels appropriate

55 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

This isn't some black and white bullshit. Where what you want is the only way. Which is why this conversation is even happening. You pretend like the other way just CAN'T be done. Based on your own opinion. 

Ironic because you are literally advocating that entire game mechanics that are essential for gametypes like king and SH to function correctly to get changed because in your opinion teammates shouldn't be a factor in team games. 

• Fire (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Basu said:

Ironic because you are literally advocating that entire game mechanics that are essential for gametypes like king and SH to function correctly to get changed because in your opinion teammates shouldn't be a factor in team games. 

No I'm not but good solid conclusion man. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

27 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Not trying to blame anyone but do you think being in party chat could have anything to do with why you get betrayed so often?  Like, you could have a teammate telling you they are going to rush snipe then you race over and pick it up right before him so he betrays you?

Even if that were the case (it's not) would that justify the behavior? So what if some dude is talking to himself in game chat lol. That doesn't mean he should be able to betray you. 

I never said it did.  I was just giving a possible reason for why people betray you so often.  They could also be communicating things like where enemies are so the nades you keep running into would seem like your fault from their perspective.

Another solution is to nullify all damage done by explosives if a teammate is involved, so nading indiscriminately is not useful. You could inflict damage on the grenade thrower if the wasted grenade/opportunity for damage isn’t enough punishment. 

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Lmaoooooooooooooooo okay man. Whatever you say. I'm guessing you frequently nade your team huh? What sound logic. You threw the nade. You see where your team is. Crazy thought man but like maybe don't throw the nade when a teammate is right there. Or just take the damage and move on. And I know you like friendly fire. When we played you literally betrayed Nick for shotty. And me for no reason. You're exactly why we want it turned off. 

I’ve never once played with you, I’m simply talking hypothetically, sometimes my Grenade saves my team, sometimes it doesn’t. I hardly play halo anymore simply because it’s gotten stale and I’m waiting for reach and infinite. I play apex mostly. Grenadine and shooting teammates happen, accept it! 

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I never said it did.  I was just giving a possible reason for why people betray you so often.  They could also be communicating things like where enemies are so the nades you keep running into would seem like your fault from their perspective.

I'm not talking about accidental nades in this scenario. I know when it's an accident. I'm talking kids off spawn chucking nades at you when there are clearly no enemies. Or following you around all game and shooting/nading you. I don't like it when it happens accidentally either but that's not what I'm referring to. 

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I'm not talking about accidental nades in this scenario. I know when it's an accident. I'm talking kids off spawn chucking nades at you when there are clearly no enemies. Or following you around all game and shooting/nading you. I don't like it when it happens accidentally either but that's not what I'm referring to. 

But that’s what I’m referring too. There’s a reason others keep mentioning RANKED, because people usually troll less or grief etc. they usually don’t intentionally betray unless you’re the guy who picked up snipe 3X in a row and didn’t do shit with it lol. 

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

But that’s what I’m referring too. There’s a reason others keep mentioning RANKED, because people usually troll less or grief etc. they usually don’t intentionally betray unless you’re the guy who picked up snipe 3X in a row and didn’t do shit with it lol. 

OKAY and for the fifth time I AM playing ranked. I only play ranked. I don't like social modes they're all ass. 

And again. Even IF I had the snipe and was was with it (not the case I rarely even pick power weapons up) how the fuck does that justify betraying your teammate? If that's the case I guess I can freely betray anyone I want that doesn't play up to my standards. 

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

In a game where I am playing as an individual. It's literally 8 individuals.

This is called FFA.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't necessarily mind the idea of ricochet but I would want to see it tested properly before we jump the gun and implement it based on possibly wonky logic.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Seriously how often is this shit happening to you?  I haven't played Halo 5 in a year but to that point i had 4600 games probably 2/3rds were ranked and I don't remember this shit happening at all. I'm sure it did once in a blue moon just because there are some shitbags out there, but not enough to make any kind of impression.  Unless the integrity of the average player has gone down precipitously in the last year.... Either way, introducing a binary mechanic that has multiple negative implications is not a tenable solution imo.  I can see meeting halfway using a team-damage threshold to enable ricochet for a specific player that has done a kill or 2 worth of team damage plus improving the booting and reporting systems, but thats it. Having it be on for all players all the time is not the answer. Using experiences happening at the end of a game's lifespan to make wholesale changes like this is shitty idea too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Seriously how often is this shit happening to you?  I haven't played Halo 5 in a year but to that point i had 4600 games probably 2/3rds were ranked and I don't remember this shit happening at all. I'm sure it did once in a blue moon just because there are some shitbags out there, but not enough to make any kind of impression.  Unless the integrity of the average player has gone down precipitously in the last year.... Either way, introducing a binary mechanic that has multiple negative implications is not a tenable solution imo.  I can see meeting halfway using a team-damage threshold to enable ricochet for a specific player that has done a kill or 2 worth of team damage plus improving the booting and reporting systems, but thats it. Having it be on for all players all the time is not the answer. Using experiences happening at the end of a game's lifespan to make wholesale changes like this is shitty idea too.

It's always been a thing. Halo is literally known for this lol. Like everyone knows the "betray for snipe" shit. And the kids that get whiny and start killing you for a multitude of reasons. It happens a lot. And I don't want it to. Cool you think it's a shitty idea. Really cool. Don't care. I don't want my teammates killing me while they go unpunished. But I am cuz it's a "team game" and I should just play something else. Backwards ass logic lmao. Some of the most obnoxious kids are high ranked warriors. You can't avoid it. So stop it in the first place. 

Glad you aren't getting betrayed. Really makes my opinion change lmao. If only your experience somehow justified mine. But it doesn't. And this has always been an issue. And it always will be unless it's changed. 

19 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

This is called FFA.

No it's called online matchmaking. You know, where it fills lobbies with varying party sizes that 9/10 times won't be communicating. 

15 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It's always been a thing. Halo is literally known for this lol. Like everyone knows the "betray for snipe" shit. And the kids that get whiny and start killing you for a multitude of reasons. It happens a lot. And I don't want it to. Cool you think it's a shitty idea. Really cool. Don't care. I don't want my teammates killing me while they go unpunished. But I am cuz it's a "team game" and I should just play something else. Backwards ass logic lmao. Some of the most obnoxious kids are high ranked warriors. You can't avoid it. So stop it in the first place. 

Glad you aren't getting betrayed. Really makes my opinion change lmao. If only your experience somehow justified mine. But it doesn't. And this has always been an issue. And it always will be unless it's changed. 

Been playing since 2001, news to me that Halo is known for betrayals. Does it happen, yes, is it rampant and wide spread, no. Its probably been the worst its ever been in MCC and even then I rarely experienced it to the point where I would think that disabling FF would be a viable solution. 

Your experiences aren't justifying anyone else's experiences, but you told Lemon that you don't care about what happens to anyone else so why should we care about what happens to you?

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I don't want my teammates killing me while they go unpunished.

...Betrayal booting exists. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Been playing since 2001, news to me that Halo is known for betrayals. Does it happen, yes, is it rampant and wide spread, no. Its probably been the worst its ever been in MCC and even then I rarely experienced it to the point where I would think that disabling FF would be a viable solution. 

Your experiences aren't justifying anyone else's experiences, but you told Lemon that you don't care about what happens to anyone else so why should we care about what happens to you?

Bro "betray for _" is such a widespread meme with halo. People always talk about it. Since way back in the day especially H3. You don't have to care. No one told you to. The point is that pretending one opinion is "right" and the other is just straight blasphemous garbage is hilarious. I'm advocating for my own experience obviously. 

17 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

...Betrayal booting exists. 

Cool. Doesn't stop me from taking the deaths. Doesn't stop them from weakening me the entire game. Doesn't stop any of that from happening. But yea man I'm glad if they just so happen to mess up 2 to 3 times I can boot them. Thank God. 

12 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

way back in the day

12 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H3

I’m not sure what else you want someone to say.  Ricochet sounds great for social, not for ranked because there are too many methods of cheesing.  Aside from a better betrayal booting system and a matchmaking system that tries to match betrayers with betrayers, what else can be done?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

People betray for no reason in ranked. Ever met scaryotic?