Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Riddler said:

I searched the thread for something and i saw it then watched. I didnt see it the first time. Its not on the same frame as u fired its just on the same frame that the bullets appeared.  You can also test this by doing trades. U wont ever trade standing next to each other shooting on the same frame. But if u go further distance away, you’ll trade every time because it doesnt delete bullets in travel. 

It behaves like projectile. The code says its projectile. Editing the code changes travel time. 343 dev says its projectile. Bungie says its hitscan 10 years ago. 

 

Im also not saying lead ur shots bro! The hitreg is garb regardless

 

@boogerman just pause it and go frame by frame.

I admire your persistence.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Im just going to come out and and say, Halo on PC isn't going to do much for the franchise at all. The entire series was so successful because it did everything it needed to in 2001 to adapt itself for a controller. Slow itself down, provide the right amount of aim assistance, etc. Kbm doesn't suit Halo AT ALL, and all the nuance and skill of the granular movement with the thumbstick will be lost with wasd input, and the gunplay is frankly just too easy straight up. Halo 2 will be micro'd to death with quad shotting. And the fact that PC players first impressions of Halo will be of reticle bloom armor lock on sword base will quickly bring everyone back down to to earth. They should've started with CE / 3 as those have the best chances of long term appeal.

I don't particularly want to play Halo on PC. Hitscan weapons with a mouse oh boy that'll be a laugh. I have to deal with people that have 8000 hours in Insurgency Sandstorm and that's hard enough with projectiles, let alone hitscan weapons across the entire map.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, uh, with Infinite on the horizon and MCC coming to PC, are we ever gonna make a push to remove friendly fire? Or just make it ricochet friendly fire? It isn't okay to be shot at and killed by some kid who's salty you pick up a power weapon, for an entire game. Ricochet or Halo dies. And by that, I mean, it keeps its notorious reputation of idiotic children betraying you for stupid reasons. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

So, uh, with Infinite on the horizon and MCC coming to PC, are we ever make a push to remove friendly fire? Or just make it ricochet friendly fire? It isn't okay to be shot at and killed by some kid who's salty you pick up a power weapon, for an entire game. Ricochet or Halo dies. And by that, I mean, it keeps its notorious reputation of idiotic children betraying you for stupid reasons. 

I think Call of Duty hardcore mode actually kill the player who shoots his teammate, and if you get x betrayals you get kicked. Do you want something like that, or prefer team killing just not do anything at all to either player. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I think Call of Duty hardcore mode actually kill the player who shoots his teammate, and if you get x betrayals you get kicked. Do you want something like that, or prefer team killing just not do anything at all to either player. 

That's what ricochet is.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JordanB said:

I think Call of Duty hardcore mode actually kill the player who shoots his teammate, and if you get x betrayals you get kicked. Do you want something like that, or prefer team killing just not do anything at all to either player. 

If one of your teammates pushes forward, you could have two teammates both nade him to kill any enemies around him and neither support player would die from one grenade but the enemies will die from two and your forward teammate would be unharmed.  Maybe if there was a social playlist this would be good for that but not for competitive play, imo.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If one of your teammates pushes forward, you could have two teammates both nade him to kill any enemies around him and neither support player would die from one grenade but the enemies will die from two and your forward teammate would be unharmed.  Maybe if there was a social playlist this would be good for that but not for competitive play, imo.

I don't think friendly fire is very important for competitive Halo. It's not an active part of the game. It's mostly used for griefing/trolling.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Like most competitive games I believe friendly fire is needed. Within the context of Halo, players wouldn't be nearly as careful with explosives and positioning with snipers as well as other power weapons without it.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Like most competitive games I believe friendly fire is needed. Within the context of Halo, players wouldn't be nearly as careful with explosives and positioning with snipers as well as other power weapons without it.

Then put in ricochet. But stop enforcing griefing and punishing me for other player's dumb mistakes.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

So, uh, with Infinite on the horizon and MCC coming to PC, are we ever gonna make a push to remove friendly fire? Or just make it ricochet friendly fire? It isn't okay to be shot at and killed by some kid who's salty you pick up a power weapon, for an entire game. Ricochet or Halo dies. And by that, I mean, it keeps its notorious reputation of idiotic children betraying you for stupid reasons. 

I like Insurgency: Sandstorms FF. There's a set number of damage you can do to allies before it affects you. I believe it's 150% health. So let's say each player has 100 HP, if you do 150 HP of damage over the course of the game, after that all damage is reflected on to you.

So allies that prone LMG and hit allies because they're garbage at trigger discipline eventually kill themselves.

I think this would work great for Halo. If you do say 200 HP of damage total (even one BR burst at a time over the course of a game) you start hurting yourself. Should allow mistakes to happen but train new players to not just spam nades.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'd be willing to test out a ricochet system instead of friendly fire. Not so sure about it in a comp environment though. We might get weird tactics where players intentionally friendly fire for various cheesy reasons.

Share this post


Link to post

We've had no FF before, in H4 Infinity and H5 WZ. People are way less careful with grenades and rockets in those modes and I really don't want that kind of shit gameplay to be the model moving forward. 

In social they can try ricochet or something like Shekkles suggested. In comp I really don't want to get meleed and then naded by his teammates at the same time with the enemy just walking away undamaged. It's cheese to the max

Share this post


Link to post

If its ranked, it needs to have friendly fire. This isn't Overwatch where its just a clusterfuck death ball walking down the single pathway all game.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

No FF or self-damage FF is a good idea for social. Leave ranked alone. Although a certain amount of damage, not betrayals, should trigger the "Forgive?" prompt for the recipient.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Basu said:

We've had no FF before, in H4 Infinity and H5 WZ. People are way less careful with grenades and rockets in those modes and I really don't want that kind of shit gameplay to be the model moving forward. 

People are already less careful with rockets and grenades with it existing, and at this point, it just punishes the person having shit thrown at them, the wrong person. Not the person actually doing it. On top of enforcing things like griefing, or betraying. Something Halo is still notorious for. That's a shittier model than people hurling nades knowing they can't hurt their allies. At least then it isn't reckless, it's just spam. And you could mitigate that by neutering explosives.

And even more so still, ricochet would literally fix this all and be a good compromise if we desperately need some FF equivalent outside of a tournament.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

No FF or self-damage FF is a good idea for social. Leave ranked alone.

Okay. But why. Why only social, lmao. Competitive needs it just as much.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

People are already less careful with rockets and grenades with it existing, and at this point, it just punishes the person having shit thrown at them, the wrong person. Not the person actually doing it. On top of enforcing things like griefing, or betraying. Something Halo is still notorious for. That's a shittier model than people hurling nades knowing they can't hurt their allies. At least then it isn't reckless, it's just spam. And you could mitigate that by neutering explosives.

And even more so still, ricochet would literally fix this all and be a good compromise if we desperately need some FF equivalent outside of a tournament.

Okay. But why. Why only social, lmao. Competitive needs it just as much.

 

15 hours ago, Boyo said:

If one of your teammates pushes forward, you could have two teammates both nade him to kill any enemies around him and neither support player would die from one grenade but the enemies will die from two and your forward teammate would be unharmed.  Maybe if there was a social playlist this would be good for that but not for competitive play, imo.

People would totes abuse this shit in high level play. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Basu said:

 

People would totes abuse this shit in high level play. 

And teammates could still grief you.  Step in front of a sniper and that causes them to suicide.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm with Princess on this one. Reflective damage would just be better. Friendly fire plays an insignficant role in matches where players have brain cells. People have justified its inclusion for years by pointing to the most idiotic of players who seem to run into friendly explosives or nade down teammates regularly. 

With reflective damage, players would still need to be careful with their explosives. And they wouldn't get griefed by assholes.

 

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

And teammates could still grief you.  Step in front of a sniper and that causes them to suicide.

 

Possibly, but trying to get someone to kill you is much more difficult than killing them yourself.

 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Two players standing right next to each other both get hit with the same rocket.  One dies, the other is unharmed.  This makes no sense and is bad for gameplay.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Two players standing right next to each other both get hit with the same rocket.  One dies, the other is unharmed.  This makes no sense and is bad for gameplay.

The guy with the rocket would be harmed, or dead

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TeeJaY said:

The guy with the rocket would be harmed, or dead

Two players hit with the same explosion should receive the same amount of damage.  Players shouldn’t be immune to a rocket just because a teammate fired it.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Two players hit with the same explosion should receive the same amount of damage.  Players shouldn’t be immune to a rocket just because a teammate fired it.

Why not? The punishment is still there, just reversed.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TeeJaY said:

Why not? The punishment is still there, just reversed.

It’s not the same punishment though.  If your flag carrier was being run up on by an enemy, sacrificing your life so the flag carrier can live is not the same as killing the enemy and your flag carrier.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

It’s not the same punishment though.  If your flag carrier was being run up on by an enemy, sacrificing your life so the flag carrier can live is not the same as killing the enemy and your flag carrier.

Why would someone rocket their flag carrier? This is what I meant about pointing to idiots.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Why would someone rocket their flag carrier? This is what I meant about pointing to idiots.

Because an enemy is right next to him and you would rather die yourself so your flag carrier can live.

Can you imagine Hill where you can’t hurt your teammates with nades?

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.