Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

UE4 = Unreal Engine 4

UE4.png

Well the more you know.

Share this post


Link to post

@HeX Reapers

Quote

This is a ONE-TIME service for bringing game types and maps from your profile’s original Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4 Xbox 360 file share to the MCC file share on Xbox One. If you have maps and game type files not on your profile’s file share, they will not be migrated. Only content on your file shares in the original releases for Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo: Reach from the Xbox 360, will be brought to MCC on the Xbox One. These game types and maps will work on both the Xbox One and PC versions of MCC, but the transfer will only happen for those who boot up the game on Xbox One.

Good thing you gathered all these maps and gametypes. I remember someone said "can't you just access the fileshare of e.g. GoldPro and Killa KC on Xbox One after the transfer?", turns out that account has to play MCC on Xbox One to get the files.

Also apparently they're splitting map and gametype transfers, might be able to work with that? Then again Reach isn't even out it so it's not like you could pull all the gametypes after the 12th and fill up the FS with maps.

Quote
  • Game Types – 10 AM PST on 8/12
  • Maps – 10 AM PST on 8/26

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Basu said:

@HeX Reapers

Good thing you gathered all these maps and gametypes. I remember someone said "can't you just access the fileshare of e.g. GoldPro and Killa KC on Xbox One after the transfer?", turns out that account has to play MCC on Xbox One to get the files.

Also apparently they're splitting map and gametype transfers, might be able to work with that? Then again Reach isn't even out it so it's not like you could pull all the gametypes after the 12th and fill up the FS with maps.

 

Yeah knowing this I got one of my friends to gather some extra files for Reach. Taking extra precaution to make sure we get what we need plus what we might end up wanting. Some of the extra maps I got were KC's test version of Powerhouse, Kurtiz's test version of Anchor 9 and Reflection, as well as aPK's MLG variant of Boardwalk.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/30/2019 at 5:45 AM, Shekkles said:

Not this again

Gotta end the myth somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Well the more you know.

Yeah the UE4 is meant to get the customization that reach is known for into mcc.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

And china is paying for the USA-Meixco border wall. Can't always believe what the higher ups tell us. 

2 frames in between minimum and it's a 30fps video. 

I don't think bungie meant to lie. Lebel told us he didn't work on halo2 mp and it could very well be whoever wrote the article didn't work on h2 or that part of h2. There's projectile speed in the h2v code. the br is 400. if you change it to 1200, the br registers a lot better seemingly because the bullet is reaching the target 3x faster. so instead of 3 frames of the target moving, it's 1 frame. if you change the value to 10 it takes ages for the bullet to travel the distance featured above. 

 

edit: i guess i should have had a zero distance one for comparison 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Riddler said:

And china is paying for the USA-Meixco border wall. Can't always believe what the higher ups tell us. 

2 frames in between minimum and it's a 30fps video. 

I don't think bungie meant to lie. Lebel told us he didn't work on halo2 mp and it could very well be whoever wrote the article didn't work on h2 or that part of h2. There's projectile speed in the h2v code. the br is 400. if you change it to 1200, the br registers a lot better seemingly because the bullet is reaching the target 3x faster. so instead of 3 frames of the target moving, it's 1 frame. if you change the value to 10 it takes ages for the bullet to travel the distance featured above. 

 

edit: i guess i should have had a zero distance one for comparison 

I don't know why you used that clip to prove your point because I literally took it to prove that the BR isn't projectile. The damage is taken on the same frame as the shot.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

yeah i slowed down to .25 and it seems instant register to me.. maybe h2 does have projectile but its fast as fuck compared to halo ce or h3. maybe try playing with aimbot on at a running target on coag?

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, boogerman said:

yeah i slowed down to .25 and it seems instant register to me.. maybe h2 does have projectile but its fast as fuck compared to halo ce or h3. maybe try playing with aimbot on at a running target on coag?

That video was taken at the absolute maximum distance for the BR before the bullets disappear. At the max range they still connect on the same frame.

Share this post


Link to post

"Hitscan" can function in one of 2 ways as far as I am aware.

 

1) Weapon is technically projectile, but the speed is fast enough that even at the max range bullets reach the target on the same frame as they fire.

2) Projectile that you see is on screen is just a visual representation only and not "real", actual hit detection is a simple collision calculation. There is no bullet speed calculation and just a check to make sure there are no obstructions between the reticle and target making it instant.

Both of those implementations can accurately be called "hitscan" unless you're one of those people that gets off on arguing semantics. To the player, they are functionally the same.  Halo 2 may very well have bullet speed (at least in H2 Vista.....) but its fast enough to not make a functional difference and can still accurately be called hitscan.

 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

"Hitscan" also doesn't specifically mean that the damage is dealt/registered instantly. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2019 at 1:13 AM, MultiLockOn said:

I don't know why you used that clip to prove your point because I literally took it to prove that the BR isn't projectile. The damage is taken on the same frame as the shot.

I searched the thread for something and i saw it then watched. I didnt see it the first time. Its not on the same frame as u fired its just on the same frame that the bullets appeared.  You can also test this by doing trades. U wont ever trade standing next to each other shooting on the same frame. But if u go further distance away, you’ll trade every time because it doesnt delete bullets in travel. 

It behaves like projectile. The code says its projectile. Editing the code changes travel time. 343 dev says its projectile. Bungie says its hitscan 10 years ago. 

 

Im also not saying lead ur shots bro! The hitreg is garb regardless

 

@boogerman just pause it and go frame by frame.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Hitscan" also doesn't specifically mean that the damage is dealt/registered instantly. 

CoD has this.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

CoD has this.

You mean ignoring the built-in engine delay of 100 ms and atrocious netcode that favors the player with worse ping? 

Share this post


Link to post

Dont let the hitscan debate distract you from the fact that 343 still has no idea when the first of 5 games to be ported are ready to be tested for their second flight

The hype is gonna die quick when people are wondering why they cant play halo 3 on pc until spring 2020 lol

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Dont let the hitscan debate distract you from the fact that 343 still has no idea when the first of 5 games to be ported are ready to be tested for their second flight

The hype is gonna die quick when people are wondering why they cant play halo 3 on pc until spring 2020 lol

lol xD /r/choosingbeggars show some patience entitled millenials smh my head

/s

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm honestly not sure Halo 3 is the draw. Reach is arguably the most popular game with the shell of the community that's left. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is true at least for me just because of the potential for mods to remove the shit I dislike about the game.

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Im just going to come out and and say, Halo on PC isn't going to do much for the franchise at all. The entire series was so successful because it did everything it needed to in 2001 to adapt itself for a controller. Slow itself down, provide the right amount of aim assistance, etc. Kbm doesn't suit Halo AT ALL, and all the nuance and skill of the granular movement with the thumbstick will be lost with wasd input, and the gunplay is frankly just too easy straight up. Halo 2 will be micro'd to death with quad shotting. And the fact that PC players first impressions of Halo will be of reticle bloom armor lock on sword base will quickly bring everyone back down to to earth. They should've started with CE / 3 as those have the best chances of long term appeal.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

But I was ASSURED by many people in /r/Games and /r/Halo that MCC on PC was going to explode the franchise's popularity, even and especially in the realm of eSports. I mean look how many Reddit updoots the announcement got! 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

"Dude it's the most wishlisted game on steam!" when wishlisting means literally nothing and is basically just a "hurry up" button directed at the devs. Outside of mod support there is jack shit that MCC on PC can do for us especially when there's no crossplay and we're gonna be stuck with a tiny population weeks after launch. I also doubt 343s abilities to effectively combat cheating so ranked will be a shitfest. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Im just going to come out and and say, Halo on PC isn't going to do much for the franchise at all. The entire series was so successful because it did everything it needed to in 2001 to adapt itself for a controller. Slow itself down, provide the right amount of aim assistance, etc. Kbm doesn't suit Halo AT ALL, and all the nuance and skill of the granular movement with the thumbstick will be lost with wasd input, and the gunplay is frankly just too easy straight up. Halo 2 will be micro'd to death with quad shotting. And the fact that PC players first impressions of Halo will be of reticle bloom armor lock on sword base will quickly bring everyone back down to to earth. They should've started with CE / 3 as those have the best chances of long term appeal.

I don't think any of this will be why it fails. Especially given we have Halo on the PC to prove a lot of this otherwise. 

If anything, it'll fail because of community overlap. The Halo series has sold millions of copies and consoles. With a community who have played it over its near two decades of existence. I don't think there's a sudden new huge market for players on the PC platform who haven't played Halo. It's gonna be mostly the same people who played Halo and moved onto a newer platform playing Halo again on that newer platform.

Millions already played Halo 3. There isn't a new million player market nowadays, lol.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Im just going to come out and and say, Halo on PC isn't going to do much for the franchise at all. The entire series was so successful because it did everything it needed to in 2001 to adapt itself for a controller. Slow itself down, provide the right amount of aim assistance, etc. Kbm doesn't suit Halo AT ALL, and all the nuance and skill of the granular movement with the thumbstick will be lost with wasd input, and the gunplay is frankly just too easy straight up. Halo 2 will be micro'd to death with quad shotting. And the fact that PC players first impressions of Halo will be of reticle bloom armor lock on sword base will quickly bring everyone back down to to earth. They should've started with CE / 3 as those have the best chances of long term appeal.

I hope Halo stays this way Infinite too. I know it’s selfish of me but I grew up playing halo on console with a controller and in my eyes halo is a console game first and foremost and should stay that way. It’s great that they are bringing it out on PC but they need to tune the game for console play first and tune the settings for PC after. If Halo blows up on PC that would be cool and all but I can honestly care less as long as Halo goes back to moving consoles and having a large active community long after release.

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.