CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It doesn't matter if I'm playing on host in customs, or off host in custom games.  Doesn't matter if I'm playing on a Dedicated server where I ping 12, or a Dedi server where I ping 400; there is something fundamentally wrong with how precision weapons work in MCC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

It's doesn't matter if I'm playing on host in customs, or off host in custom games.  Doesn't matter if I'm playing on a Dedicated server where I ping 12, or a Dedi server where I ping 400; there is something fundamentally wrong with how precision weapons work in MCC.

Sounds like you are the common denominator, have you tried leading your shots?

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 5

18 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This game is still so wildly inconsistent, across all titles. Sometimes I'm hitting every shot, and other times I am missing players with my reticule completely centered on them. It goes beyond the normal game behavior, like how in Halo 2 it's impossible to land shots on someone who is rapidly falling. The netcode is just borked. 

At least you're able to actually get mm games. I still get "Connection interrupted" every other game. Have since uninstalled MCC considering 343 hasn't respond to the posts on Waypoint bringing up this issue. Can't stand battle royale's anymore either so I play Sudoku on my phone. :wutface:

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, RiDDle said:

At least you're able to actually get mm games. I still get "Connection interrupted" every other game. Have since uninstalled MCC considering 343 hasn't respond to the posts on Waypoint bringing up this issue. Can't stand battle royale's anymore either so I play Sudoku on my phone. :wutface:

Who says I get games consistently in matchmaking?

MCC is the only game I play over the internet where I disconnect from the pre-game lobby before the match starts, or the build crashes while loading the map, and I'm still randomly getting Black-Screen mid game while the "host migrates".  These games were never ported properly and this collection is still pretty much complete garbage.  

• Like (+1) 1

We were talking about adding BTB Ricochet in H4 and maybe H2A, and I suggested that, since new map variants would need to be forged for it anyway, the forger should raise the goals off the ground to prevent roll-in goals. I actually had to defend this idea because people thought roll-in goals were okay. Unbelievable.

Not just "okay", but actually preferable, since the maps haven't been made yet. I can understand resisting a motion to go into every existing Ricochet map and change it to raise all the goals (we still should, btw), but to choose to allow them when making a new map? No. You're fucking insane.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

We were talking about adding BTB Ricochet in H4 and maybe H2A, and I suggested that, since new map variants would need to be forged for it anyway, the forger should raise the goals off the ground to prevent roll-in goals. I actually had to defend this idea because people thought roll-in goals were okay. Unbelievable.

Not just "okay", but actually preferable, since the maps haven't been made yet. I can understand resisting a motion to go into every existing Ricochet map and change it to raise all the goals (we still should, btw), but to choose to allow them when making a new map? No. You're fucking insane.

We should add a slide mechanic to the flags and bomb so people can score accidentally in those gametypes as well.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Basu said:

We should add a slide mechanic to the flags and bomb so people can score accidentally in those gametypes as well.

Lol are you familiar with H5 BTB Assault post-refresh? :laughing:

6 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Lol are you familiar with H5 BTB Assault post-refresh? :laughing:

No but I remember it took them forever to get Assault working lol

10 minutes ago, Basu said:

No but I remember it took them forever to get Assault working lol

You can literally die while arming and drop the bomb in the circle, and it will continue to arm itself at half the rate. It was their attempt to increase scoring and reduce ties.

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

You can literally die while arming and drop the bomb in the circle, and it will continue to arm itself at half the rate. It was their attempt to increase scoring and reduce ties.

Holy fuck lmao. Then again this is just an expansion of the "at least you tried" concept of clamber and bullet magnetism so it kinda makes sense they would try shit like that.

12 hours ago, Killmachine said:

If you cant lead your shot you are trash

Hitscan intensifies

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since it’s the 30th I’m guessing they won’t be starting reach pc flighting 

Mates and I had a proper old-school Halo night last Friday. Played about 30 games total in matchmaking/customs.

Absolutely fantastic. It genuinely felt like 11 years hadn't passed and it was 2008. We played BTB and 4v4 and it was just absolutely amazing. This is exactly what I thought MCC would be on launch and I absolutely love it.

If you haven't had a proper Halo night, convince your old friends to do so. It didn't even feel nostalgic or rose-tinted, it felt exactly as it did before.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

MCC can't register my led shots, it's trash 

Try hitting the opponent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

39 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Try hitting the opponent

"MCC doesn't have any connection issues, I can find games fine. It's your internet"

- Killmachine 2014.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

"MCC doesn't have any connection issues, I can find games fine. It's your internet"

- Killmachine 2014.

I literally have nothing better to do than troll for the next year and a half, Halo is drier than the fuckin sahara desert right now 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Killmachine said:

I literally have nothing better to do than troll for the next year and a half, Halo is drier than the fuckin sahara desert right now 

If you can't lead your posts, you are trash.

• Fire (+1) 2

On 7/29/2019 at 7:25 PM, Shekkles said:

Also the server you're apparently connected to is not reliable. In Australia we usually get put on US West but occasionally it will say US West and feel like we're hosting it's that good. 

Most games are perfectly playable, even Halo 3. Noticeable latency of course. but playable. Some games on "US West" are not playable. Rubber-banding, shots registering 1% of the time, grenades being thrown thrice...

Massively inconsistent.

I live on the east coast but for whatever reason, west coast servers feel way better to me. I'm not complaining since I play with @RVG E Nomini most of the time and he lives out there. But it's just weird.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2019 at 7:25 PM, Shekkles said:

Also the server you're apparently connected to is not reliable. In Australia we usually get put on US West but occasionally it will say US West and feel like we're hosting it's that good. 

Most games are perfectly playable, even Halo 3. Noticeable latency of course. but playable. Some games on "US West" are not playable. Rubber-banding, shots registering 1% of the time, grenades being thrown thrice...

Massively inconsistent.

The server inconsistencies most likely have something to do with the server relays they added after that Tommy Kost video around.... January? The update after that video, they added relays to hide the server ip, but they didn't make it where you connect through a relay at the server location. You can get something like a West US server and connect through a East US 2 relay and it adds that latency on top of it.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about the relays they added to hide your ip. If nobody believes me, you can try it out for yourself. Just block the host ip when you're in a game and you'll connect to a new relay to the same server.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, adamisgood said:

The server inconsistencies most likely have something to do with the server relays they added after that Tommy Kost video around.... January? The update after that video, they added relays to hide the server ip, but they didn't make it where you connect through a relay at the server location. You can get something like a West US server and connect through a East US 2 relay and it adds that latency on top of it.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about the relays they added to hide your ip. If nobody believes me, you can try it out for yourself. Just block the host ip when you're in a game and you'll connect to a new relay to the same server.

This is genuinely interesting, thank you.

Remember when we were all hyped for Reach in April? It feels like we're back to talking about a "what if" with Reach. MCC on PC better be absolutely perfect, and fully launched, before Infinite comes out. 

43 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Remember when we were all hyped for Reach in April? It feels like we're back to talking about a "what if" with Reach. MCC on PC better be absolutely perfect, and fully launched, before Infinite comes out. 

They’re struggling to get UE4(this is what allows the reach customization into mcc) on Xbox one because of memory limitations of the original Xbox one. The pc version ain’t coming until Christmas 

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

If you can't lead your posts, you are trash.

hoes mad

• Fire (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Arlong said:

They’re struggling to get UE4(this is what allows the reach customization into mcc) on Xbox one because of memory limitations of the original Xbox one. The pc version ain’t coming until Christmas 

UE4?

10 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

UE4?

UE4 = Unreal Engine 4

UE4.png

• Upvote (+1) 1