CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

You know what I think?

I think the reason you get so much friction on here is not because you're wrong or because you put your opinion across badly, I think it's because the game you talk about isn't Halo.

People try and relate what you say to Halo but can't because the game you want to play isn't Halo. It makes all these walls of text, all these replies and heated discussions totally worthless and I just do not understand why after 3 years it's still happening.

That's fine, and I know. Still doesn't answer my question.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Big difference between being mid response and doing that, and cutting out the conversation before it even starts because I don't care to converse, lol.

What's the difference? Both leads to a post that isn't worth reading. If you don't care to converse, why respond at all. 

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

What's the difference? Both leads to a post that isn't worth reading. If you don't care to converse, why respond at all. 

Again, one's someone cutting out mid-conversation, and me just responding with one word. The other is me outright starting with one word so I don't even initiate the conversation, because I don't want to talk in depth, but feel playful enough to respond, over ghosting.

11 hours ago, Boyo said:

4gxOgqR.jpg

Guess who @TheIcePrincess‘s two followers are.

Not really one to post on forums. Especially Beyond. I’ll like or downvote posts I agree or disagree with from time to time. Just so happens I agree with what my friend is saying a lot of the time for halo. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, Ember Celica said:

Not really one to post on forums. Especially Beyond. I’ll like or downvote posts I agree or disagree with from time to time. Just so happens I agree with what my friend is saying a lot of the time for halo. 🤷🏻‍♀️

What do you agree with?

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not inclined to believe you, but yes, I did.

You don't have to believe me. Doesn't change the fact that never in my life would I be serious about giving you an excuse for your ignorance.

And stop challenging people to 1v1s. This isn't 2008.

1 hour ago, Ethereal Nights said:

You don't have to believe me. Doesn't change the fact that never in my life would I be serious about giving you an excuse for your ignorance.

This thread is basically a clique that doesn't like Halo arguing against people who don't like what Halo has become.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

@S0UL FLAME My bad last night, I passed out and slept for 12 straight hours, I was exhausted. I didn't even go to that thing I was supposed to go to. Let me know the next time you guys get a lobby going. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

I'll do what I want, mom.

I challenge all of you to a 1v1. But you have to use your chin to move around.  I will do the same. Scouts honor.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'll do what I want, mom.

If he’s mom, is halo dad?

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

I challenge all of you to a 1v1. But you have to use your chin to move around.  I will do the same. Scouts honor.

Pleb. Use your toes like a real man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

mT97sAh.png

• Like (+1) 4

This game is still so wildly inconsistent, across all titles. Sometimes I'm hitting every shot, and other times I am missing players with my reticule completely centered on them. It goes beyond the normal game behavior, like how in Halo 2 it's impossible to land shots on someone who is rapidly falling. The netcode is just borked. 

• Like (+1) 2

I swear to god if they somehow manage to ruin Reach's netcode too. You can play that game hosted on someone's dial-up connection on a toaster somewhere across the world and still have your shots register, absolutely flawless networking. Wouldn't be suprised to die around corners in 343s port though.

Also side note I'm probably not even touching Reach outside customs, v7 and Invasion. You guys should play it on BC sometime to really get a feel of just how awful that game is even with TU.

28 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It clearly varies by game, too. I still think MCC runs off of P2P. 

Also the server you're apparently connected to is not reliable. In Australia we usually get put on US West but occasionally it will say US West and feel like we're hosting it's that good. 

Most games are perfectly playable, even Halo 3. Noticeable latency of course. but playable. Some games on "US West" are not playable. Rubber-banding, shots registering 1% of the time, grenades being thrown thrice...

Massively inconsistent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Just lead your shot lol

In a hitscan game? :P 

57 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Just lead your shot lol

This guy

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

In a hitscan game? :P 

h2 isn't hitscan tho. values for h1/h2/h3's utility are 300/400/180

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

h2 isn't hitscan tho. values for h1/h2/h3's utility are 300/400/180

Not this again

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only games where the shots are somewhat reliable are h4/h2a. I can’t tell if it’s because of the crazy bullet mag or that 343 is just more familiar with the h4 engine. I stopped playing MCC because the two games that I enjoy playing h2/CE are busted beyond believe. 

I usually spend my free time now looking at my h2 collector edition box and sobbing....