CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 minutes ago, Gobias said:

I would say the sniper in the last few games has been more than overbearing.

I'm 100% okay with tweaks and balancing. Snipers most definitely have too much magnetism even in some of the earlier games. 

It was mostly meant as that PW aren't invalidating the rest of the match. They are important, yes, but they aren't the deciding/end all factor in determining who wins a game. A lot of it still revolves around your skill as a player with a utility weapon, gun skills, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Nokt said:

It mostly sounds like a difference of opinion. You just don't like damage advantages, not that there is something inherently wrong with them. In a game where seeing another player first gives you a large advantage of getting the kill in battles map control is at the very least equally important. 

I have no stats for this but I don't think PU/PW even take up 1/3 of the kills that occur within a match (maybe in Slayer). Them existing isn't invalidating your gun skill. Its just enough to provide some spice into a match, but not overbearing enough to be an annoyance. 

I find there's something wrong with them in a game which is already super slow-paced. It makes it supremely unfair. The only time it arguably worked was in the Transformers games by High Moon. Because the game gave you the ability to dish out damage with a native health draining ability that could override them, lmao. Seeing someone in Halo first gives you a large advantage, but having a one shot gun with it is beyond advantageous. Map control doesn't inherently guarantee you first shot, on that note. The advantage is usually based on height, or angles with it. But with how angles work in Halo, it isn't a matter of seeing another person first. You usually both see each other at the same time. It's first shot that matters, truly.

But why are damage boosting things okay when you can't actually contest them with your own power? Why are they okay coupled with map control benefits. And they don't need to be 1/3rd of the kills to exist in a stupid manner. One kill that completely overrides my skill and just leaves me on a respawn screen is enough for me to feel I got unfairly juked out of a kill. Like every time I get flick shot blained by a sniper in any Halo in the midst of a gunfight against them. Or when I turn a corner to a rocket player. That isn't spice to me. It's bullshit, lol. Let alone playing with them properly, to where snipers sit in a back corner, and rocket players bait angles. Of course, this ship's sailed, over and over, too, lol.

• Salt (-1) 2

You know, people straw man you often about wanting Halo to just be octagon. 

Except they're not straw manning you. That's literally what you're describing you want. 

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You know, people straw man you often about wanting Halo to just be octagon. 

Except they're not straw manning you. That's literally what you're describing you want. 

Okay, kiddo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You complain about weapons on map. 

You complain about powerups and power weapons. 

You complain about getting shot when you're not looking. 

You complain about map control. 

You complain about literally everything. 

You want octagon.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

You want octagon.

Whatever keeps you asleep at night, Scarecrow.

• Downvote (-1) 3

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I find there's something wrong with them in a game which is already super slow-paced. It makes it supremely unfair. The only time it arguably worked was in the Transformers games by High Moon. Because the game gave you the ability to dish out damage with a native health draining ability that could override them, lmao. Seeing someone in Halo first gives you a large advantage, but having a one shot gun with it is beyond advantageous. Map control doesn't inherently guarantee you first shot, on that note. The advantage is usually based on height, or angles with it. But with how angles work in Halo, it isn't a matter of seeing another person first. You usually both see each other at the same time. It's first shot that matters, truly.

But why are damage boosting things okay when you can't actually contest them with your own power? Why are they okay coupled with map control benefits. And they don't need to be 1/3rd of the kills to exist in a stupid manner. One kill that completely overrides my skill and just leaves me on a respawn screen is enough for me to feel I got unfairly juked out of a kill. Like every time I get flick shot blained by a sniper in any Halo in the midst of a gunfight against them. Or when I turn a corner to a rocket player. That isn't spice to me. It's bullshit, lol. Let alone playing with them properly, to where snipers sit in a back corner, and rocket players bait angles. Of course, this ship's sailed, over and over, too, lol. 

It seems like all you want is control. You want to be able to control every outcome by sheer skill alone and if your skill isn't enough then you are satisfied that you lost. If you lose the initial battle and people get PU/PW they are rewarded with just that, more control for a certain time anyways.

You lost the battle, therefore not everything is going to be fair anymore. Why should everything be contestable by your team after you lose battles, especially important ones?

Either you're all too stupid to fully comprehend her viewpoints or she's being disingenuous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You want octagon.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Boyo said:

Why don’t you respond to this?

We could expedite this.  Tell me what you disagree with here.

Power weapons are cheap and should be removed from play.

Grenades are cheap and should be removed from play.

No weapons should be picked up off the map.

Customizable load outs make the game more fair.

Trading your ability to attack for advanced movement gives the player more agency.

Feel free to add anything I have missed.

If you don’t just crave attention, and aren’t trying to hide behind ambiguous ramblings, then why not just plainly state what you believe.  Tell us what your ideal Halo looks like.

@TheIcePrincess could you please just respond to this? It's just tiring going in circles and having to work with nothing but ambiguous statements. It's not like your opinions are subject to change all the time just lay them out black and white.

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You want octagon.

"I never said that".

7 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Either you're all too stupid to fully comprehend her viewpoints or she's being disingenuous. 

Or she was brainwashed by LEAST and her viewpoints are trash as a result.

6 hours ago, Basu said:

@TheIcePrincess could you please just respond to this? It's just tiring going in circles and having to work with nothing but ambiguous statements. It's not like your opinions are subject to change all the time just lay them out black and white.

"I never said that".

Yea "I never said that" is a valid response. Because aside from the first 2 points NONE of this was said. But hey keep making snide remarks on posts you clearly aren't reading. 

Also pretty hilarious seeing Lemon of all people make a post about someone complaining. Of alllllll people.

45 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Or she was brainwashed by LEAST and her viewpoints are trash as a result.

Or she's an adult capable of her own thoughts and beliefs. Crazy I know but that's usually how grown ups work. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

13 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

grown ups

tumblr_oy3xntW4Ix1vbbcoto3_250.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea "I never said that" is a valid response. Because aside from the first 2 points NONE of this was said. But hey keep making snide remarks on posts you clearly aren't reading. 

Am I taking crazy pills? Are statements on a public forum, literally black-on-white statements that are RIGHT THERE not worth a damn thing anymore? What? But apparently my posts are a a waste of breath?

You can't hide behind "you guys aren't reading this correctly" and "you're not getting the point" but then when asked to clarify (for the hundredth time) just go radio silent. Like I said this is scary close to how some politicians like to operate.

Or she's an adult capable of her own thoughts and beliefs. Crazy I know but that's usually how grown ups work. 

So then why do you feel the need to talk on her behalf?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Basu said:

Am I taking crazy pills? Are statements on a public forum, literally black-on-white statements that are RIGHT THERE not worth a damn thing anymore? What? But apparently my posts are a a waste of breath?

You can't hide behind "you guys aren't reading this correctly" and "you're not getting the point" but then when asked to clarify (for the hundredth time) just go radio silent. Like I said this is scary close to how some politicians like to operate.

So then why do you feel the need to talk on her behalf?

Yea. It's right there. On this forum. So go find where it's even mentioned that power positions are bad. Or getting shot in the back is something struggled with. Go ahead. I'll wait. 

And LMAO dude are you serious? I've made about 3 posts this entire time. Literally 3. While you, Apollo, Lemon and everyone else have all responded. So why do you guys all talk for each other? Please tell me how my 3 posts are "talking for someone" when I have never done that once. Where have I ever spoken for her and not just made my own post on top of her still writing her own? Hmmmm wonder what makes you say this. What could possibly be the difference here hmmmmmm. 

33 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Also pretty hilarious seeing Lemon of all people make a post about someone complaining. Of alllllll people.

B6e.gif

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@My Namez BEAST What does your ideal Halo look like?

Pistol only. Weakened or no nades or melee. Probably some form of extra mobility like thrust. I enjoy mobility in games as long as it feels good. Not necessary since I can still enjoy classic movement especially if nades aren't nukes, but preferred for the juking potential. Obj only in comp. Other than that it's pretty open to whatever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Pistol only. Weakened or no nades or melee. Probably some form of extra mobility like thrust. I enjoy mobility in games as long as it feels good. Not necessary since I can still enjoy classic movement especially if nades aren't nukes, but preferred for the juking potential. Obj only in comp. Other than that it's pretty open to whatever. 

Power ups?

Just now, Boyo said:

Power ups?

Nope. Don't like any of that stuff. Just pistol. Especially camo. Easily the most powerful item in halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Nope. Don't like any of that stuff. Just pistol. Especially camo. Easily the most powerful item in halo. 

Equipment/Armor Abilities can be a lot of things:  offensive, defensive, movement enhancing.  Would you want a power drain, or a hardlight shield, or a grappling gun in the game?

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Equipment/Armor Abilities can be a lot of things:  offensive, defensive, movement enhancing.  Would you want a power drain, or a hardlight shield, or a grappling gun in the game?

In social? Go nuts. So long as I can output the same damage as the dude using something it's not a huge issue to me. Like a grapple type thing. Don't necessarily want it in comp but could probably be a fun little thing. Not big into power drain type things though. Movement enhancing is fine for the most part. And things like hardlight aren't crazy detrimental. It's the stuff that makes you stronger or let's you kill without seeing someone that mainly gets irritating. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings with me.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea. It's right there. On this forum. So go find where it's even mentioned that power positions are bad. Or getting shot in the back is something struggled with. Go ahead. I'll wait. 

And LMAO dude are you serious? I've made about 3 posts this entire time. Literally 3. While you, Apollo, Lemon and everyone else have all responded. So why do you guys all talk for each other? Please tell me how my 3 posts are "talking for someone" when I have never done that once. Where have I ever spoken for her and not just made my own post on top of her still writing her own? Hmmmm wonder what makes you say this. What could possibly be the difference here hmmmmmm. 

Thing is you're defending her and her cop-out statements like "I never said that" and using the exact same ad hominems "sideline posts, you're not reading things correctly" etc so yeah it comes off as speaking for her. If you agree with her points that's great and I'd encourage everyone else that does so to also enter the conversation. Sharing opinions and talking for someone else are not the same thing. 

20 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

See if IcePrincess could just write things like this things would be much easier. Nothing is left ambiguous and up to interpretation.