CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

8 hours ago, darkstar said:

I would donate a kidney for them to remove all foundry and sandbox maps from matchmaking. Foundry especially is fucking cancer of a map and so are all of its custom versions. 

I feel the same about all the damn Sandbox variants in Big Team. Especially Utah Mambo and Vindictive. God these maps suck and yet I get them all the damn time along with Longshore. It's like they have the weightings backwards in Big Team. Seems so difficult to get Valhalla, Avalanche, and Standoff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Y'all reminding me of late Reach matchmaking and how half of the games were grey Forge maps in Forge World.

35 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Y'all reminding me of late Reach matchmaking and how half of the games were grey Forge maps in Forge World.

The Cage and Uncaged...

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boyo said:

I walked out into the middle of a field and asked god to strike me down with thrunder and lightning.  He didn’t answer.

Maybe he missed because of bloom

Edit: Guess I was late with the joke. Oh well

14 hours ago, darkstar said:

Does anyone know the rationale behind BTB KotH only being 150 to win? It’s 200 to win in 4’s, I would imagine it should be 250-300 in 8v8. 

I swear, every KotH game I play in BTB ends 150-0 in the first 2-3 minutes. 

Which game?

11 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Not a bad idea in concept when teams are red and blue. Just a matter of the texture work itself kinda sucking.

I’ve been in the same 2 bomb assault game for the past 30 minutes because apparently somebody thought it was a great idea to have infinite sudden death. I don’t understand how 343 constantly fucks up objective settings.

Also, 2 bomb can suck a fat one, there’s a reason it wasn’t featured in matchmaking back then and was replaced with neutral assault. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I remember when it came out I thought it'd be good for MLG because being all one colour would make it more stadium-like. 

I was wrong.

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I remember when it came out I thought it'd be good for MLG because being all one colour would make it more stadium-like. 

I was wrong.

I wouldn't mind the breakout texture being available in forge. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

I’ve been in the same 2 bomb assault game for the past 30 minutes because apparently somebody thought it was a great idea to have infinite sudden death. I don’t understand how 343 constantly fucks up objective settings.

Also, 2 bomb can suck a fat one, there’s a reason it wasn’t featured in matchmaking back then and was replaced with neutral assault. 

I can definitely pass this along and try to get it fixed. This falls under the category of something they can address in the weekly playlist updates, since it's just a setting and not like a gameplay patch. Plus, there's precedent bc they've already removed it from a bunch of gametypes. It's probably an oversight. Which game and map did you run into this?

Also, if anyone else has any MM settings/errors that they've encountered, feel free to tag me. I'll pass it along. They've been pretty good about fixing this stuff recently once it's brought to their attention.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I can definitely pass this along and try to get it fixed. This falls under the category of something they can address in the weekly playlist updates, since it's just a setting and not like a gameplay patch. Plus, there's precedent bc they've already removed it from a bunch of gametypes. It's probably an oversight. Which game and map did you run into this?

Also, if anyone else has any MM settings/errors that they've encountered, feel free to tag me. I'll pass it along. They've been pretty good about fixing this stuff recently once it's brought to their attention.

It was Assault BR on Standoff. It took half of our team quitting out for them to finally decide to arm the final bomb. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

I wouldn't mind the breakout texture being available in forge. 

Megabloks ready.

22 hours ago, darkstar said:

It was Assault BR on Standoff. It took half of our team quitting out for them to finally decide to arm the final bomb. 

I fucking hTe Standoff so much. It’s just a boring map because it’s just too rewarding to play defensively. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I fucking hTe Standoff so much. It’s just a boring map because it’s just too rewarding to play defensively. 

Not my favorite map but what? In a world of pit, guardian, and construct, we gunna hate on standoff for defensively play?

yes u can hide in the base but once rockets come up ur gunna get wiped, and the team will likely rotate ur spawn thrice for 3 more team wipes with the warthog and 2 supporting br members, or maybe two warthogs. I hardly call that rewarding defensive play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

18 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Not my favorite map but what? In a world of pit, guardian, and construct, we gunna hate on standoff for defensively play?

yes u can hide in the base but once rockets come up ur gunna get wiped, and the team will likely rotate ur spawn thrice for 3 more team wipes with the warthog and 2 supporting br members, or maybe two warthogs. I hardly call that rewarding defensive play. 

Yeah for real. I hate the map tor being so fuckin snowbally, not defensive. The other team grabs your warthog and the laser, if you don’t have even somewhat competent teammates you’re pretty much getting spawnkilled the rest of the game. 

If the BR wasn’t so trash in H3 the map might be bearable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Standoff is exact shit for any gamemode that isnt Infection variant. And making the BR not trash makes it exactly worse. Not a defensive map? Now it is. Ill just cop and squat the back corner driveway alley and scope people. Kills or not im just gonna hit box you all day and make you camp base cover and get frustrated and ruin the whole map flow. I feel like Halo 5's version already felt like this except people would at least try to finesse with spartan mobility but still got lasered. h3's br not really defendable but putting that map in halo 2 i dont think would even remotely help it. I would put more cover on the map and make it more paint bally but people would call it cluttered and shit and unplayable. They might be right but idk what else to do with it unless make it more underground oriented

3 hours ago, Riddler said:

Rewarding Defensive play creates snowballing, if the enemy team gets laser and Hog camp in the base and there’s nothing you can do at that point. You’ll get constantly killed.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Can confidently say Standoff plays much better with a hit scan BR. It was actually not a snore fest in ElDewrito.

• Like (+1) 4

I can see where they're coming from, Standoff feels like it rewards defensive play because as an player on foot you can't go anywhere (as in push forward) as the entire middle section is dead mans land and all the enemy spawns are on high ground or inside the way too claustrophobic bases. 

The only thing keeps the map from being a total standoff (haha n1 Bungle) is the brokenly OP Warthog, Laser and to an extent the Camo and Rocket pickups although they are usually burned very quickly. 

Honestly the map is very similar to Blood Gulch and its remakes in that regard. 

9 hours ago, Vyrst said:

Standoff is exact shit for any gamemode that isnt Infection variant. And making the BR not trash makes it exactly worse. Not a defensive map? Now it is. Ill just cop and squat the back corner driveway alley and scope people. Kills or not im just gonna hit box you all day and make you camp base cover and get frustrated and ruin the whole map flow. I feel like Halo 5's version already felt like this except people would at least try to finesse with spartan mobility but still got lasered. h3's br not really defendable but putting that map in halo 2 i dont think would even remotely help it. I would put more cover on the map and make it more paint bally but people would call it cluttered and shit and unplayable. They might be right but idk what else to do with it unless make it more underground oriented

I think you're forgetting that if the spawn weapon is better you can shoot back.  Keep the snipers descoped, actually kill the other BR users, take out the driver/warthog gunner without needing to get so close you get splattered. Just fixing the BR in H3 corrects so many problems.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

9 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

I think you're forgetting that if the spawn weapon is better you can shoot back.  Keep the snipers descoped, actually kill the other BR users, take out the driver/warthog gunner without needing to get so close you get splattered. Just fixing the BR in H3 corrects so many problems.

I’m really looking forward to mods on MCC on PC specifically to correct all the bullshit in Halo 3. 

• Like (+1) 4

standoff is alright. I wouldnt call it a defensive map thought i recognize u can stall the game. The thing is u do need to organize to get shit done. If camo and rox were on 1min timers, the map would play a lot better. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Riddler said:

standoff is alright. I wouldnt call it a defensive map thought i recognize u can stall the game. The thing is u do need to organize to get shit done. If camo and rox were on 1min timers, the map would play a lot better. 

Oof, yikes.

• Downvote (-1) 1