Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I found it amusing that no one brought up the fact that hitting your shot brings with it the exact same penalty as missing your shot. It's not like getting a kill resets your bloom.

Also, what a dumb fucking conversation.

Well not with reach bloom since u can fire faster than it resets. 

Share this post


Link to post

Controlling bloom isn't a skill please stop

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post

There is no reason to add additional "punishment" to players via game mechanics.  The punishment comes from the other players in the game. Layers of punishment are simply frustrating for players.  You are the "exception that proves the rule" in this case.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Bloom is more interesting than a lower rate of fire.  It punishes ADHD kids who can’t keep their finger off the trigger.

I always thought this is fucking ridiculous concept. "Trigger discipline" might work on full auto guns and in a game like Battlefield with tons of recoil and instant kill times but in a game like Halo with long kill times (especially Reach being the worst offender here) where players are expected to hit the majority of their shots this just gets annoying fast. Bloom isn't just stupid RNG, it's also literally making players fight THE GAME instead of their enemies.

Share this post


Link to post

You're really going to die on this hill? That randomness is best? It doesn't matter if its 1 shot 3 shots or 5 shots. Don't make my shots go somewhere where I'm not aiming.

Share this post


Link to post

This progression system needs to get here ASAP. All I want is a reason to play more CE 4’s, but currently match composer games are entirely hollow. Yes, I understand that XP systems are artificial fulfillment. I don’t care. It’s still better than nothing.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Basu said:

I always thought this is fucking ridiculous concept. "Trigger discipline" might work on full auto guns and in a game like Battlefield with tons of recoil and instant kill times but in a game like Halo with long kill times (especially Reach being the worst offender here) where players are expected to hit the majority of their shots this just gets annoying fast. Bloom isn't just stupid RNG, it's also literally making players fight THE GAME instead of their enemies.

Sounds a little like H5's aiming haha. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Apoll0 said:

Sounds a little like H5's aiming haha. 

I *might* have learned to enjoy H5 core gameplay if the aiming didn’t infuriate me so much. What a shame.

I will say though, shitty BR, shitty aiming and shitty movement speed aside, I have been having a blast with ranked H3 Throwback. H3 maps with a gun that will count your shots, no BS equipment, and static item spawns? Yes please. It’s not the best version of Halo, but it’s solid classic Halo, and that’s always fun. Being able to play meaningful games with and against talented players has been a welcome change. Gotta be grateful when you finally catch a break.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I *might* have learned to enjoy H5 core gameplay if the aiming didn’t infuriate me so much. What a shame.

I will say though, shitty BR, shitty aiming and shitty movement speed aside, I have been having a blast with ranked H3 Throwback. H3 maps with a gun that will count your shots, no BS equipment, and static item spawns? Yes please. It’s not the best version of Halo, but it’s solid classic Halo, and that’s always fun. Being able to play meaningful games with and against talented players has been a welcome change. Gotta be grateful when you finally catch a break.

Nice.  I uninstalled H5 in a rage a long time ago and haven't touched it since.  All my IRL friends have moved to Apex which is... ok.. but not really my jam.  I should start playing Halo more again.

Share this post


Link to post

I would donate a kidney for them to remove all foundry and sandbox maps from matchmaking. Foundry especially is fucking cancer of a map and so are all of its custom versions. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I would donate a kidney for them to remove all foundry and sandbox maps from matchmaking. Foundry especially is fucking cancer of a map and so are all of its custom versions. 

Yes, but have you played Griffball?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

I uninstalled H5 in a rage a long time ago and haven't touched it since.

With how many buttons it takes to uninstall a game on an Xbox, on top of UI/input delay, how long did that rage hold itself on you, lmao. 

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

This progression system needs to get here ASAP. All I want is a reason to play more CE 4’s, but currently match composer games are entirely hollow. Yes, I understand that XP systems are artificial fulfillment. I don’t care. It’s still better than nothing.

The fact you understand it's artificial and means nothing and acknowledge it baffles me when you don't like playing a game you deem hollow. I don't get how it's better than nothing when it may as well be nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

With how many buttons it takes to uninstall a game on an Xbox, on top of UI/input delay, how long did that rage hold itself on you, lmao. 

The fact you understand it's artificial and means nothing and acknowledge it baffles me when you don't like playing a game you deem hollow. I don't get how it's better than nothing when it may as well be nothing.

LOL it was 3000 games of advanced movement BS that i kept saying to myself "This isn't that bad... this isn't terrible... AHHHH". It just built up and I snapped ha.

59 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H5 aiming isn't nearly as bad as you guys say it is. 

Its significantly better than it was at launch for sure. I think its better than default Halo 3 aiming at this point, (always hated H3 aiming) But its still dogshit compared to CoD, Destiny or the "modern" option in MCC.  Honestly i wish they would just port the modern/H2A option from MCC over to Halo 5.  I think its some of the best aiming on console.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Boyo said:

Bloom is more interesting than a lower rate of fire.  It punishes ADHD kids who can’t keep their finger off the trigger.

Image result for filthy frank shotgun

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

With how many buttons it takes to uninstall a game on an Xbox, on top of UI/input delay, how long did that rage hold itself on you, lmao. 

This is how mine worked:

Phase 1: Yeah this is ok I guess. Not what I wanted, not really that "Halo" but it's ok.

Phase 2: I miss real Halo and this is the only functional "Halo" game I can play online and I don't really like it.

Phase 3: Hey Diamond rank, I guess this isn't tha ba-

*MCC Patched*

*Decide to give H5 another go a month later*

Phase 4: Fuck this fucking candy fucking plastic power ranger fucking megabloks sprintyboi shit

Phase 5: Uninstall.

I didn't realise how little I cared about Halo 5 until I uninstalled it. Nothing on earth could make me reinstall it. Vapid, soulless game.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I walked out into the middle of a field and asked god to strike me down with thrunder and lightning.  He didn’t answer.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I walked out into the middle of a field and asked god to strike me down with thrunder and lightning.  He didn’t answer.

Should have sprinted.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know the rationale behind BTB KotH only being 150 to win? It’s 200 to win in 4’s, I would imagine it should be 250-300 in 8v8. 

I swear, every KotH game I play in BTB ends 150-0 in the first 2-3 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Does anyone know the rationale behind BTB KotH only being 150 to win? It’s 200 to win in 4’s, I would imagine it should be 250-300 in 8v8. 

I swear, every KotH game I play in BTB ends 150-0 in the first 2-3 minutes. 

It also doesn't help that KotH has never been a strong gametype for Halo. During H2 MLG matches, the team who slayed more was always going to win. It's Team Slayer with extra steps.

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Only in the newer games is the score being capped at 200 by default. Older games it was 150 default and 250 for MLG. Same numbers apply to Oddball. I think now they are trying to make 200 the gold standard moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Boyo said:

I walked out into the middle of a field and asked god to strike me down with thrunder and lightning.  He didn’t answer.

Which god did you ask though?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Boyo said:

I walked out into the middle of a field and asked god to strike me down with thrunder and lightning.  He didn’t answer.

Random bloom made him miss.

  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.