FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay, and we know that mechanic isn't a good way to do that, while others do. By example. Not even theory.

What others?

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

No one is hitting headshots with maxed out bloom.

Hyperbole. The very existence of bloom ensures that someone hits a headshot when they should have missed.

You know who really isn't hitting headshots? People who miss when there is no bloom. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

No one is hitting headshots with maxed out bloom.

For all the wrong reasons. Not because of difficulty.

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

What others?

Generally, inherent weapon difficulty does it for you, lol. 

Just now, BigShow36 said:

Is that hyperbole? You know who really isn't hitting headshots? People who miss when there is no bloom. 

If you can show me a mechanic that punishes players who miss headshots better than Reach’s DMR bloom I would love to hear it.

Just now, Boyo said:

If you can show me a mechanic that punishes players who miss headshots better than Reach’s DMR bloom I would love to hear it.

A bullet that goes straight. You see, it misses 100% of the time. 

A bullet that goes straight. 

But what is the punishment for missed shots?

Just now, Boyo said:

But what is the punishment for missed shots?

You don't do any damage. 

You don't do any damage. 

Obviously.  In a one shot kill gametype, there needs to be more punishment for missed shots.

Just now, Boyo said:

Obviously.  In a one shot kill gametype, there needs to be more punishment for missed shots.

Okay, but the real question. Why the fuck are we using a social gametype like SWAT as a baseline, lmao. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just now, Boyo said:

No, there really doesn't need to be. If you miss a shot, the other player has an opportunity to land a shot. If you both miss, then you both need to aim again. With bloom, you both now have randomness affecting your 2nd shots. Completely unnecessary. 

You've got the Bungie logic going. "We need to make shooting harder, let's add bloom." 

How about you just lower aim assist and make strafing better? 

I would love for the aim assist to be lower and the strafing better.  That doesn’t change the fact that there needs to be mechanics that punish missed shots in a one shot kill gametype.

Just now, Boyo said:

I would love for the aim assist to be lower and the strafing better.  That doesn’t change the fact that there needs to be mechanics that punish missed shots in a one shot kill gametype.

The fact that another player is shooting back is the punishment. Why are we complicating this? 

2 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

The fact that another player is shooting back is the punishment. Why are we complicating this? 

Because ideally good players would be rewarded and bad players would be punished.  There is not much depth on one shot kill gametypes.  Bloom adds depth.

Because ideally good players would be rewarded and bad players would be punished.

Decrease aim assists, increase strafe. Problem solved, and you just avoided the shitbag of issues that come with bloom. Bloom does the opposite of what you think. If I'm a bad player playing against a good player, I want bloom. I want as much randomness as possible. If I know the other player has better aim than me, then spamming the trigger and getting as many shots downrange in as short a time as possible, even with bloom, will work out in my favor. 

Simple is better. 

1 minute ago, BigShow36 said:

Decrease aim assists, increase strafe. Problem solved, and you just avoided the shitbag of issues that come with bloom. 

Simple is better. 

I am not advocating for bloom mechanics in any gametype but a one shot kill gametype.  The Magnum should shoot perfectly straight.  There can be added depth in one shot kill gametypes by punishing missed shots.

Does anyone disagree with the fact that players who miss shots should be punished by game mechanics in a one shot kill gametype?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Does anyone disagree with the fact that players who miss shots should be punished by game mechanics in a one shot kill gametype?

Beyond the punishments that already come from missing and assuming we're talking about a headshot specific 1-shot gametype? Yes, I disagree. 

Beyond the punishments that already come from missing? Yes, I disagree. 

It gives the gametype more depth.  There is not much to work with in a one shot kill gametype.  This is one of the few ways that depth can be added.

Just now, Boyo said:

When the game already inherently does this without additional mechanics, then yes, I do disagree with further punishment.

Just now, The Tyco said:

When the game already inherently does this without additional mechanics, then yes, I do disagree with further punishment.

You don’t think the game should punish players who miss?  You don’t think players who hit their first shot should be rewarded?  Bloom enforces these ideals.

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

It gives the gametype more depth.  There is not much to work with in a one shot kill gametype.  This is one of the few ways that depth can be added.

The depth of any gametype, SWAT included, should not and can not come from random elements of shooting. 

The depth of any gametype, SWAT included, should not and can not come from random elements of shooting. 

So propose to me a way to punish players who miss.

Just now, Boyo said:

So propose to me a way to punish players who miss.

They don't do any damage.

Furthermore, I certainly wouldn't reward them by potentially allowing them to land a shot with random bloom. 

• Like (+1) 3

They don't do any damage. 

So instead of an accuracy penalty, there is a damage penalty?  Doesn’t really make sense with a human weapon but I like where your head is at.

You don’t think the game should punish players who miss?  You don’t think players who hit their first shot should be rewarded?  Bloom enforces these ideals.

The current punishments suffice. No mechanics are needed.