FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I think I liked you better when you were rehashing bad ideas for Halo

At least I’m not bad at the game itself.

14 hours ago, Boyo said:

That’s not true.  Missing a shot in SWAT turns your weapon from a laser beam into a lottery.  Hitting first shots is rewarded in swat.

Okay, so what happens when I walk into a room and I see 3 people, none of them looking at me. In today's SWAT, I can headshot at least 2 of them before the 3rd turns around and starts shooting me. In your SWAT, I'm punished after the first headshot by making my aim on the 2nd player random, and even if it still lands the shot on the 3rd player is going to be entirely random.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Okay, so what happens when I walk into a room and I see 3 people, none of them looking at me. In today's SWAT, I can headshot at least 2 of them before the 3rd turns around and starts shooting me. In your SWAT, I'm punished after the first headshot by making my aim on the 2nd player random, and even if it still lands the shot on the 3rd player is going to be entirely random.

No bloom no skill - Boyo

• Like (+1) 3

If you walk into a room and three players are looking in the opposite direction, you should probably be complaining about how matchmaking paired you with *******.

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If you walk into a room and three players are looking in the opposite direction, you should probably be complaining about how matchmaking paired you with *******.

What? You know a room can have two doors, right? Those 3 people are shooting your teammates, you come up behind them and flank them... Shit maybe they just spawned and you came up behind them and it's not even their fault. Have you never played a game of Halo where you got behind your enemies?

Keep staring at that other door.

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Keep staring at that other door.

You've refused to answer the point of the post - how is a person ever supposed to win a 1v2+ with bloom. We praise all the time about how a CE player can 1v2 if he is the better player, has more skill, etc. - you're taking that ability away by adding bloom.

Bloom resets by the time you shoot a second enemy.

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

How fast does this bloom go away? If bloom 100% goes away by the time I aim from one player to the next and aim for the head, what's the point of bloom anyway? Why is that any different if I aimed at the chest of my enemy and raised my reticle to hit him on the head on my second shot.

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

In SWAT, go spam shots against good players and tell me how that works out for you.  I am eagerly waiting for your results.

The point is that bloom NEVER HELPS THE PLAYER WITH BETTER AIM. No one is saying that spamming with bloom is better than having perfect accuracy on the first shot; that's a completely asinine strawman. What people are saying is that bloom will always bring an element of randomness that can ONLY be beneficial to the player with worse aim on average. 

The punishment for missing a shot is that you missed the shot. 1 less bullet in your magazine, 1 more bullet fired by your opponent. Why add randomness to that? 

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

The point is that bloom NEVER HELPS THE PLAYER WITH BETTER AIM. No one is saying that spamming with bloom is better than having perfect accuracy on the first shot; that's a completely asinine strawman. What people are saying is that bloom will always bring an element of randomness that can ONLY be beneficial to the player with worse aim on average. 

The punishment for missing a shot is that you missed the shot. 1 less bullet in your magazine, 1 more bullet fired by your opponent. Why add randomness to that? 

There is invisible bloom and randomness in Halo 1 & 3. 

There is randomness in CSGO. 

There is randomness in most shooters. The top professionals in Reach during the MLG pro circuit all ignored the bloom. 

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

There is randomness in most shooters. The top professionals in Reach during the MLG pro circuit all ignored the bloom.  

Neither of those games are good because of these RNG mechanics, but despite them. Not a single fucking soul outside of Valve thinks there's merit to the first shot inaccuracy on the AK47 and the same is true for the spread on the CE Pistol, H3 BR and the bloom on the DMR.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

U know how we should punish people who miss their first shot? They give their opponent a chance or a 2nd chance. Theres the punishment  

Boom. Solved. Next topic. 

• Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Sure, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing, and we're talking very different levels of bloom/randomness vs. Reach. One of the reasons I never got into CS as a kid was because of the randomness. 

You ignore bloom in Reach because there isn't any other option. That's the issue with random features; you literally cannot do anything about them. If someone enjoyed playing Reach enough to play the tournaments, I would suspect that they accept bloom and are willing to play with it. The top pros ignored bloom, but that doesn't mean plenty of other players (who could have been pros) didn't abandon the game because of bloom. It's just survivorship bias, like current Halo 5 players having no issues with the movement or abilities; they're the only players left playing the game, so of course they accept the gameplay as it stands. Everyone else has already abandoned the game. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

The top professionals in Reach during the MLG pro circuit all ignored the bloom. 

The word you're looking for is "tolerated". 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

True but none of those examples are applied as universally or to the same degree as Reach.  Luckily in H1 it really only has an effect at long ranges and you can mitigate it almost entirely if you aim properly.

All the weapons in CSGO shoot a unique but repeatable spread pattern.  The randomness is contained within the limits of that larger pattern so for the most part it can be controlled and compensated for.

The randomness in H3 was just plain dogshit.  Other than the rare holdout like Ace, that decision is pretty universally panned.

The degree to which vanilla Reach applies its bloom is simply abhorrent and inexcusable. far more egregious than any of the other examples.  The bloom is probably 50% responsible for the reason that Reach is my least played Halo game other than 4 (i think i still have like 2000 games in it though....). The other 50% are the loadouts.

• Like (+1) 1

The reward for getting a kill, is getting a kill. You don't reward it with a kill streak that gives you more kills. 

Likewise.

The punishment for missing a shot is that you missed the shot. Not adding randomness to your next attempt.

• Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Okay. On the real. Why the fuck are you still defending random elements with your gun. Morbidly curious.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

36 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay. On the real. Why the fuck are you still defending random elements with your gun. Morbidly obese.

I’m defending a mechanic that punishes players who miss.  On the real.

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Except it can also reward players who miss. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Okay, and we know that mechanic isn't a good way to do that, while others do. By example. Not even theory.

1 minute ago, BigShow36 said:

Except it can also reward players who miss. 

No one is hitting headshots with maxed out bloom.