CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What funny to me is hearing people say, "H2A will keep the Halo fans satisfied till Halo 5." 

If they make H2A and they do it right that's all we are going to need for at least 3 years. This is where I get concerned. Why would they make H2A as good as possible if they then want to sell Halo 5 the next year? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What funny to me is hearing people say, "H2A will keep the Halo fans satisfied till Halo 5." 

If they make H2A and they do it right that's all we are going to need for at least 3 years. This is where I get concerned. Why would they make H2A as good as possible if they then want to sell Halo 5 the next year? 

because H5 will have a new campaign but its multiplayer will be more of a DLC add on to H2A's multiplayer. like how ODST was to H3

because H5 will have a new campaign but its multiplayer will be more of a DLC add on to H2A's multiplayer. like how ODST was to H3

What

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's completely incorrect. It will have a new campaign but it will be an entirely new multiplayer experience. They're going to model H2a's after Halo 2 and H5 will be something entirely different.

People will buy H5 for the new game, but this way 343 is at least ensuring sales and happiness across the board

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not even sure why you guys are arguing about spectator mode, do you guys not remember that interview where the dev basically 100% confirmed spectator mode is in for the next halo.

well there is the campaign for casual

and if 343 hosts their own halo5 tourny like the global championship, people will jump on board. They just have to make a mixture of halo1-2, whether its 50-95% one or the other. They just have to lay their pride down and give fans what they want for once. I mean we spelled it out, clear as day after halo reach, yet halo4 has all the flaws reach did.  I guess you could look at cod where the newest one is #1/2 on the charts, and the 2nd newest is top5-top10. Same could happen here.

people hopped on the wagon for halo3, and people hoped on the wagon for haloreach.

well there is the campaign for casual

and if 343 hosts their own halo5 tourny like the global championship, people will jump on board. They just has to make a mixture of halo1-2. They just have to lay their pride down and give fans what they want for once. I mean we spelled it out, clear as day after halo reach, yet halo4 has all the flaws reach did.  I guess you could look at cod where the newest one is #1/2 on the charts, and the 2nd newest is top5-top10. Same could happen here.

people hopped on the wagon for halo3, and people hoped on the wagon for haloreach.

If Halo 2 is real and it's just like the original with updated gfx and other features added since then (theater, forge etc.) and Halo 5 plays great, both will occupy a space on the top 10 and everyone is happy....343 will earn millions from both and the fans (competitive and casual) will enjoy the games. COD is a perfect example like you said...the two most recent ones have always occupied the top 10....Halo can do the same.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know about 50 people in my personal life that played Halo 2 and Halo 3 and then stopped because they didn't like Halo Reach and didn't even bother with 4. And they aren't even into Halo. Just regular Joes from all different backgrounds, but they all LOVED Halo 2 to death. I've brought up the rumor to most of these guys who haven't played Halo in like 7 years and every single one was like "That would be so amazing. I would definitely buy that."

So yeah, diehards like us might be in the minority, but even the casual players loved Halo 2 to a crazy extent. It was just so fun. And yeah a lot of that was the glitches like invisible stairs on Burial Mounds and superbounces that likely won't be in the remake, but people adored Halo 2 and would most certainly buy a remake just to relive those glory days. The maps were excellent, the gameplay was balanced (mostly), the ranking system was fun and addictive (save for select boosters). It was just a fun fun game. Everyone loves a trip down memory lane. I mean heck, my dad still goes nuts over Centipede. H2A will be a massive success. 1 million copies sold in the first day or two easily. I'd bet my house on that one.

You know what? I suggested the idea of H2A to some of my friends to see what the interest was, and to my surprise they were all emphatic with excitement with just the thought. I think I was wrong on the issue of sales, but I'm still worried if whether a large amount of people will retain interest in H2A for long enough to establish an actual competitive scene (I WANT 100 TEAMS DAMN IT), or if this hype train will end up like the halo 3 one in october, with a lot of hype and pro tweets, but few actual team pass sales, and a week of more streams than usual.

• Upvote (+1) 2

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/update-white-xbox-one-coming-in-2014-halo-2-anniversary-edition-and-titanfall-console-spotted-report/1100-6417425/

Halo 5 is coming in 2015
Halo 2 is getting the Anniversary edition treatment
One special edition "war" bundle will include ports of Halo 3 and 4 for Xbox One
beta access to Halo 5 bundled in
The game will be 1080p
Same dev and Halo Anniversary edition
Multiplayer included

Oh god, please let this be true. I'd even buy the war bundle for H3 on Dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/update-white-xbox-one-coming-in-2014-halo-2-anniversary-edition-and-titanfall-console-spotted-report/1100-6417425/

Oh god, please let this be true. I'd even buy the war bundle for H3 on Dedicated servers.

You would really think they would deny it at this point. Or maybe the scope of these rumors really isn't that big and it just seems like they are from being in the Halo world...

You would really think they would deny it at this point. Or maybe the scope of these rumors really isn't that big and it just seems like they are from being in the Halo world...

I know its pretty hard to believe, MS really did a 180 on their conservative policy involving multiple Halo MP games if true. The XB1 is going to be blitzed with Halo games :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I have too wonder H2A going too have dedicated servers I mean I don't think we've heard the leaker mention that and with H5 it was mentioned nearly everytime that it had dedicated servers.

I really hope it does I'd rather not deal with all the crap that comes with P2P if we don't have too I mean I'd be surprised if Microsoft didn't give there flagship series dedicated servers given they have more then enough cash too do so if they wanted too and H5 won't be out for a year.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The anniversary of Halo: CE was ONLY campaign, the multiplayer aspect of that game were only re-mastered maps that were applied to Reach, so why do people think Halo 2 Anniversary is going to have multiplayer? I don't mean to sound negative, but I'm sure I do, because people are so sensitive now a days. But seriously. If they do make a H2A the only multiplayer aspect of it will probably be maps for Halo 4. Thoughts?

• Downvote (-1) 5

How would the multiplayer aspect only be on Halo 4, if it's going to be on Xbox One? You can't play Halo 4 on Xbox One.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh look it's this post again.

only the 55th time I've read this on this site alone since the leak

It's not like there is already a 15+ page topic on the matter

• Upvote (+1) 1

This topic belongs in one of the H2A threads and that thought has already been mulled over endlessly. As the above poster pointed out, there's no logic in your H4 maps opinion. Your theoretical rationale is really weak and it also negates the leak completely. If the leak is real, then likely all of it is true, if any of it is fake, then all of it is fake.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys, this is now the central topic for discussion on Halo 2: Anniversary. Hopefully we can reduce splinter topics about the leak, including further theories and rumours. 

Any topics about Halo 2: Anniversary will be locked and redirected here, or merged.

Thanks,

Beyond Staff

PS: Any questions, feel free to PM me. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it likely that we will see a Halo 2 anniversary?  I have come around to the realization that it is very, very possible for this year.  I have compiled a list of the reasons, and have caught something that has been missed by many others in my most recent video. 

Watch the video and tell me what you think.  Did I spot something that most have forgotten about, or am I just crazy?

^ New insight starts at 12:30. Honestly, I think you are a bit crazed. That clip really didn't tell anything of interest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ New insight starts at 12:30. Honestly, I think you are a bit crazed. That clip really didn't tell anything of interest.

Agreed. There's no real substance to the argument he makes. He just bases an assumption that they were talking about H2A. After them having showed the H5 teaser trailer, I'm sure their intention was that H5 was releasing as their 2014 game. 

I think either the rumour is false or they changed their minds prior to E3. I do hope H2A is true, I would love H2 MP and I like the idea of H5 getting more dev time. I just don't think that E3 clip says anything more about a possible H2A.

How would the multiplayer aspect only be on Halo 4, if it's going to be on Xbox One? You can't play Halo 4 on Xbox One.

Don't forget that the leaker has stated they are porting Halo 3/4 as well so the possibility is there I mean what other reason would they port Halo 4 it doesn't need a graphics upgrade then that if they wanted too they could just do H:CEA all over again.

But I really hope 343 isn't that stupid too piss off what little fanbase they have left as I and lot of other people would be done with the series if they tried too pull that shit again.

Don't forget that the leaker has stated they are porting Halo 3/4 as well so the possibility is there I mean what other reason would they port Halo 4 it doesn't need a graphics upgrade then that if they wanted too they could just do H:CEA all over again.

But I really hope 343 isn't that stupid too piss off what little fanbase they have left as I and lot of other people would be done with the series if they tried too pull that shit again.

Porting Halo 3 and Halo 4 sounded like bullshit to me to be honest. 

• Upvote (+1) 7