CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

One of the things that OW does right is its arcade mode. A separate area from ranked that has four or five different games (could be snipers, swat, infection) where some change daily and others weekly. Every once in a while make one of the modes ranked for a short time and give out rewards at the end of the season based on the your highest rank reached. I think it’s really a great system and would be perfect for halo given how many popular and established game types there are outside of the core ones.

• Like (+1) 2

What if they did this crazy idea, have rotational playlists and double xp weekends? Or is that too logical?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, OG Nick said:

What if they did this crazy idea, have rotational playlists and double xp weekends? Or is that too logical?

What playlists would be rotational?

Just now, Boyo said:

What playlists would be rotational?

I don't know, Snipers, SWAT, Squad Battles was the thing from H3 right, even a ranked BTB would be kinda neat as rotational. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

I don't know, Snipers, SWAT, Squad Battles was the thing from H3 right, even a ranked BTB would be kinda neat as rotational. 

You don’t think SWAT and Team Snipers should be permanent playlists?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

I think that the future Halo games should have the match composer for social, with the option for SWAT and Snipers. Bringing them out ranked every so often would be pretty neat though

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I think that the future Halo games should have the match composer for social, with the option for SWAT and Snipers. Bringing them out ranked every so often would be pretty neat though

What is the difference between keeping a permanent SWAT playlist and keeping a permanent SWAT option in match composer?  Are all playlists ranked?

15 hours ago, Boyo said:

Just create a robust API and let Halotracker handle the ranks for all the unranked playlists.

Are you suggesting that a fansite can do better than 343 themselve-

oh wait it's 343 

8 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Are you suggesting that a fansite can do better than 343 themselve-

oh wait it's 343 

Halotracker was nimble.  Once too many players got 50’s, they made a new, more difficult division of 50 to work towards.  They had cool custom medals.  They had cool stats like “killed most” and “most killed by”.  343 could do all of this if they cared to but they are too obsessed with chasing trends and reinventing core gameplay to ever have time to refine these peripheral features.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

lol of course not. might as well rank action sack

for ranked obviously

3 minutes ago, Riddler said:

lol of course not. 

for ranked obviously

Should there be permanent, unranked playlists?

32 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Ranked SWAT is the biggest meme of all time

Grifball

7 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Grifball

That was a thing for like two weekends across 3 years of H3. Meanwhile ranked SWAT has been a thing for decades.

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Should there be permanent, unranked playlists?

We already have those dude. U need to buy the game before commenting on this thread

2 hours ago, Basu said:

That was a thing for like two weekends across 3 years of H3. Meanwhile ranked SWAT has been a thing for decades.

yeh wel fuk u fkn host bullshit skill > connection ahah get rekt scrub

^ actual message I have received after losing to a red-bar host.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

We already have those dude. U need to buy the game before commenting on this thread

False, H5 does not have a single social playlist. It's all ranked, the social lists just don't show it.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

yeh wel fuk u fkn host bullshit skill > connection ahah get rekt scrub

^ actual message I have received after losing to a red-bar host.

Wtf lmao. Aw man I miss getting salty as fuck messages all the time.

17 minutes ago, Basu said:

Wtf lmao. Aw man I miss getting salty as fuck messages all the time.

1v1 

You would think that since the competitive community gets shit on by the majority of the playerbase, that you of all people would have respect for other communities like SWAT or Snipers.  But you turn around and shit on them.  Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

• WutFace (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

You would think that since the competitive community gets shit on by the majority of the playerbase, that you of all people would have respect for other communities like SWAT or Snipers.  But you turn around and shit on them.  Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't say the competitive community gets shit on anymore. Nowadays, it's more of pity. Instead of "they're tryhards and need to calm down", it's now "they're still around? Jesus..."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

You serious?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Shitting on them isn’t cool. If that’s what people wanna play let them play. However, I also think it’s important for the developer to provide focus for their vision of the game. Halo has a ton of customizability and many different game types will get created and some will develop small communities dedicated to playing that game type. That doesn’t mean the developer needs to then give each one of those a permanent ranked playlist. Despite the complaints of some of those communities ( and I can empathize) I probably think it’s healthier for the game overall to have a more focused competitive experience.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Yes.

@TheTwiceChincess

Then yeah, I don't see the lack of respect for others, or the outright shitting on others, lol.

10 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Shitting on them isn’t cool. If that’s what people wanna play let them play. However, I also think it’s important for the developer to provide focus for their vision of the game. Halo has a ton of customizability and many different game types will get created and some will develop small communities dedicated to playing that game type. That doesn’t mean the developer needs to then give each one of those a permanent ranked playlist. Despite the complaints of some of those communities ( and I can empathize) I probably think it’s healthier for the game overall to have a more focused competitive experience.

SWAT and Snipers should have permanent, unranked playlists and let Halotracker handle ranks.  This way you don’t get players who are only interested in “getting their 50” playing them but hardcore fans can still compare themselves to other players.

I just don’t understand how people can say that SWAT shouldn’t have its own playlist.  It’s the third most popular playlist behind Slayer and BTB. It’s like these people are detached from reality.