CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Decided to get XBL again if people want to play some Halo, or something

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Decided to get XBL again if people want to play some Halo, or something

Negro I'm down

4 hours ago, Basu said:

I recently thought about this. With Halo coming to PC and theater not sucking ass in MCC and hopefully Infinite, we can play on patato settings and save all the clips, then up the graphics to ULTRA and record gameplay for montages and youtube commentaries. Such a cool feature.

Interesting idea, I wonder how things such as the gun view models and FoV will work in theater mode, assuming someone changes their view model will the theater mode use the modified view model of the player or some kind of universal default?

Don't bother wasting Reach file share space on MLG stuff, I've got everything saved just in case (v7 + Splash, Oasis, Redemption, Element, and Android). Saved all the H4 v5 stuff too for shits and giggles. For H3 I saved some dope ass MLG Sandbox designs featured in the FF Map Pack 2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

10 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Don't bother wasting Reach file share space on MLG stuff, I've got everything saved just in case (v7 + Splash, Oasis, Redemption, Element, and Android). Saved all the H4 v5 stuff too for shits and giggles. For H3 I saved some dope ass MLG Sandbox designs featured in the FF Map Pack 2.

But no Gold Pro settings?! The true Halo Reach experience.

• Like (+1) 1

We never got any zero bloom anniversary gametypes in Reach, did we?

35 minutes ago, Boyo said:

We never got any zero bloom anniversary gametypes in Reach, did we?

No I don’t think we did. 

If they could remove the spread from the ZB Magnum, shouldn’t this be the competitive gametype we push for, ZB Anniversary?

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

But no Gold Pro settings?! The true Halo Reach experience.

My friend's file share will be dedicated to Gold Pro stuff including a whole bunch of unused quality 2v2 maps for testing. ;)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

If they could remove the spread from the ZB Magnum, shouldn’t this be the competitive gametype we push for, ZB Anniversary?

Would have to be tested. The Anniversary pistol has a sick TTK, I'm afraid it might be too good given that Reach's strafe is complete ass. Might turn into another H5 "HALO ONE PISTOL" situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Basu said:

Would have to be tested. The Anniversary pistol has a sick TTK, I'm afraid it might be too good given that Reach's strafe is complete ass. Might turn into another H5 "HALO ONE PISTOL" situation.

ROF would have to be tuned down for sure. Remember the normal ZB Magnum was removed from v7 because of it being too potent.

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

ROF would have to be tuned down for sure. Remember the normal ZB Magnum was removed from v7 because of it being too potent.

Yeah but v7 uses the weak as shit 1.6s TTK DMR so it has to either be treated as a power weapon or get cut. I think the spread is the bigger issue than the fast TTK tho.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Yeah but v7 uses the weak as shit 1.6s TTK DMR so it has to either be treated as a power weapon or get cut. I think the spread is the bigger issue than the fast TTK tho.

Huh, to me the ROF seems much faster than the CE Pistol. Does it kill quicker or is it about the same when it's a 3sk?

6 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Huh, to me the ROF seems much faster than the CE Pistol. Does it kill quicker or is it about the same when it's a 3sk?

Yeah true the rof is insane but it's still a 5sk, maybe 4sk with bleedthrough I don't remember exactly 

ZB Magnum was cut bc of random spread, not its power.

17 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

fires 50% faster at .2s compared to .3

edit: wiki is saying .25s, it's definitely noticeable. 

what do you guys think about aim assist when plugging in a controller on mcc? i can pretty much bet on it that plugging in a controller is going to get you aim assist, but the problem is in games like halo 2 where its absolutely absurd. outside of snipers using a controller will be an advantage in halo 2, and i think it would be pretty sweet if we could get a halo 2 with much lower aim assist values when plugging in a controller.

4 hours ago, boogerman said:

what do you guys think about aim assist when plugging in a controller on mcc? i can pretty much bet on it that plugging in a controller is going to get you aim assist, but the problem is in games like halo 2 where its absolutely absurd. outside of snipers using a controller will be an advantage in halo 2, and i think it would be pretty sweet if we could get a halo 2 with much lower aim assist values when plugging in a controller.

This should be exactly how it works really. But it needs to be tested for ranked modes, or just separate matchmaking by input times in ranked. Even with crazy aim assist, i don’t think it would be much of a noticeable advantage.

When you get into real competitive matches, aim assist is going to be a really tricky issue to deal with in respect to M/KB vs. controller. I've said before, Halo is a different beast from other shooters in that 1) due to slower movement and the general MO of leaving your opponents constantly half-shields, you are often locked into firefights, 2) you are generally expected to land the majority of your shots within optimal distance (and none of the utility weapons are spray weapons), and 3) Halo isn't a twitch shooter. The lack of aim assist on M/KB may very well be an obstacle. I can't say which will end up winning out because some people can do crazy shit with M/KB, but I think it will be a very finicky matter to balance out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There shouldn't be any aim assist in MP at all for PC Halo, regardless of input. I've waited over a decade for an official Halo game on PC, the last thing I want is to have to plug in a controller to be competitive because they fucked up and gave them too much aim assist or bullet magnetism. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i agree with you however i would bet 200 dollars it will have aim assist when plugging in a controller. also its not just about mlg and 50s. i think it cheapens the game for players of a skill levels when you have weapons with such extreme aim assist. but since its most likely going to happen i just hope 343 will compromise and lower the aim assist to halo 3 levels on halo 2. otherwise ill stick to playing ce and halo 3. and im not super into competitive sweaty matches its just something thats always bugged me about halo 2

Have they actually said anything about crossplay?

Also, it's probably going to be impossible to run competitive MCC events once all the games drop, a lot of people will probably be using controllers on PC. 

Just separate mkb and controllers in Matchmaking. Doesn't the Xbone support mkb or was that a rumor? 

Outside of stuff like Grifball and coop campaign this absolutely has to be enforced because there's no way they're gonna nail aim assist and bullet mag settings to perfectly balance the two.