2v2 Ricochet

4v4 Ricochet

BTB regicide

1v1 ricochet

1v1 extraction

2v2 MLG invasion

nice way to steal my post

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely would love a H2 BTB playlist, as the cross game playlists just are not what I am interested in considering the nightmare that is Halo 4 will be in them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

as long as we have 1million ppl playing then its alright

on Xbone?

Iunno doesn't seem likely w/ CoD AW comin out similar time... :(

500k da dream

Ranked Single 

C:E 2v2

Halo 2 BTB 

Halo 3 TS 

Halo 2 eSports 

Ranked Cross 

Hear to Head 

Doubles 

Snipers 

OG Trilogy Team Slayer 

Rumble Pit(6 players) 

Social Cross

Social Slayer 5v5 

Team obj 5v5 

BTB 

Rotational (switch ever week) 

Swat 

Living Dead

Grifball

Muti Team 

etc...

13 playlists 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes, Halo 4 is a nightmare, plus it would be weird switching back between Halo 2 and Halo 3 because of the different shot registration systems. We don't need a ton of different playlists, but whatever we get, a ranked Halo 2 BTB playlist should definitely be one of them.

Multi Game Playlists:

• Team Slayer
  • Big Team Battle
  • Snipers ( Exclude 4)
  • Swat ( Exclude CE and 4)

Halo CE Playlists:

• Team Slayer and Objective
  • Team Doubles

Halo 2 Playlists:

• Competive 4v4 (MLG)
  • FFA

Halo 3 Playlists:

• Grifball

Halo 4 Playlists:

• Flood

I know plenty of people would be pissed off that they can't play the exact playlist they want in each game but I think these playlists would work. I don't think 12 playlists is to many and I think both casual and competitive players would have options to play. Casual players have Swat, Snipers, Grifball and Flood. Competitive players have the Competitive 4v4 playlist and Team Doubles. And if the ranking system works as good as it looks like it should then everybody could have fun in the remaining playlists. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2's old rank system and classic portion of the game are making a return which is something I have dreamed of for the last 4 years now. I am extremely excited for its return. Having said that there are some things I do want regarding playlists. 

Ranked Team Slayer: 

I feel like this is an absolute MUST. SMG and BR variants should make their return imo. Along with maps such as, Warlock, Lockout, Midship, Relic (BR start), Terminal (Rifles), Colossus (Rifles), Zanzibar (BR start), Sanctuary (BR start) Gemini, Turf, Ascension(Rifles), and Elongation. Pretty much all the maps from Halo 2 classic although some gametypes were left out and others were changed a little but all of these games were extremely fun to play especially at a higher rank (37+).

Ranked Double Team:

Now this one is speculated to not make a return. I however strongly disagree with this decision. They should most certainly make a double team playlist because double team was one of the best playlists in halo 2 / halo 3. I think they should have. King of the Hill, Oddball and Capture the flag brought back in double team along with Slayer. Maps like Warlock, sanctuary, turf, lockout, midship, beaver creek, and ivory tower should all be in it. As for gametypes theres too many for me to list but all the original ones from 2007 were great except ivory tower and beaver creek SMG start slayer. 

Ranked Skirmish:

Skirmish is the lowest populated playlist in every halo game. Even though this is the case I feel like it is one of the most enjoyable playlists at a higher rank. It relies entirely on teamwork and map control. I think they should either have a 4v4 skirmish or a BTB skirmish playlist. Not both. Almost any gametypes on any maps can work here. As long as it isn't territories lol.

Ranked Rumble Pit:

I really like searching in a playlist and having it solely depend on myself. Its 2am and you have no friends online and you want to increase your online rank what are you going to do? Search slayer or doubles and risk getting bad team mates or micless team mates? Hell no, thats suicide! lol. You want to have the avalibility to search in a ranked rumble pit playlist where you can still compete for rank and not rely on team mates to help you out. I feel like Warlock (Human weapons), Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower,Turf, Sanctuary(BR start). Would all be great gametypes for this playlist. 

Team Hardcore:

Basically the MLG settings or compettive settings for Halo 2 Classic.

Team Training: 

4v4 non ranked game modes for fun (just leave out team swords and team rockets please lol)

Rumble Training: 

Basically rumble pit but non ranked.

Thats pretty much it. I know not all of these playlists will be made but I'm just putting what I want there to be.

I really don't care about the H2A I'm actually probably never going to play it. I just want my old halo 2 back, old halo 2 maps/gametypes in the playlists and rank system. Its pretty much a dream come true. The only nightmares I have are the xbox one conrtoller (not a big deal), how different the game will feel at 60fps (h2v feels weird) and the playlists and gametypes that will be in them. Other than that 343 has done a superb job and I know myself and a ton of other people have been waiting for something like this to come out for over 4 years now. I hope I see you all there on MCC I'm just going to be playing Halo 2 classic for the majority of my lifetime now.

Multi Game Playlists:

• Team Slayer
  • Big Team Battle
  • Snipers ( Exclude 4)
  • Swat ( Exclude CE and 4)

Halo CE Playlists:

• Team Doubles

Halo 2 Playlists:

• Competive 4v4 (MLG)
  • FFA

Halo 3 Playlists:

• Grifball

Halo 4 Playlists:

• Flood

I know plenty of people would be pissed off that they can't play the exact playlist they want in each game but I think these playlists would work. I don't think 12 playlists is to many and I think both casual and competitive players would have options to play. Casual players have Swat, Snipers, Grifball and Flood. Competitive players have the Competitive 4v4 playlist and Team Doubles. And if the ranking system works as good as it looks like it should then everybody could have fun in the remaining playlists. 

FFA and Doubles are gametypes that are popular across all the games, I'd expect those to be cross-game. Same goes for Infection (H2A, H3, H4), and Grifball (H3/4)

Plus there may be people that want to play Halo 2 4v4 that isn't the MLG variants only.

Why should Halo CE be excluded from SWAT/no-shields? It's the only game where the mode is actually challenging.

This isn't much, but how about an option for voting for Rotational Playlist in game (Maybe before selecting a playlist). Players could vote on 4 playlists and could decide on which of the 4 playlist should come first to last for the month. For example:

40% voted for Swat

25% voted for Grifball

15% voted for Action Sack

20% voted for Multi Team

And then the next month's rotational playlist would be different than the last.

Honestly FUCK rotational playlists. They're so stupid. Just keep them permanent...

Also, I have all the faith in the world 343 will screw up the competitive settings. Didn't they have radar on for the Gamescom tournament? lmao

That build of the game didn't allow for very extensive custom game options and Radar couldn't be turned off. It doesn't matter anyway because they covered the radar on the player screens with a sticker, which in essence, means radar was off.

I wonder how many of these threads we have now.. But I feel you guys I really want some good playlists

Feel free to lock my thread on this subject if you want. We definitely don't need to going at the same time

Why should Halo CE be excluded from SWAT/no-shields? It's the only game where the mode is actually challenging.

yep.

Funny, I've seen CE excluded from swat in at least three different places. I played a lot of 400% health no shields FFA where you could tank a rocket body shot but not a pistol headshot. It was a lot of fun. I'd play no shields halo 1 as a more casual experience and I think the only reason everyone keeps excluding it is because they've never played it or something.

There are definitely better ways to play h1 but don't exclude it for the sake of it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly FUCK rotational playlists. They're so stupid. Just keep them permanent...

Also, I have all the faith in the world 343 will screw up the competitive settings. Didn't they have radar on for the Gamescom tournament? lmao

That was the very first build of the game they were playing on. They had a sticker over the radar on there screens so they couldn't see it, only we could see it.

Game has more viewership appeal, was most popular game for MLG, plus it is going to look gorgeous in MCC. I don't see why not.

I feel the same way

Merged all the recent topics about playlists into one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

no one who wants to play Halo CE, wants to play with no shields...

Has there been any comment on the FOV for the MCC?  I'm sorry but I don't feel like browsing through 303 pages in this topic for the answer.

Has there been any comment on the FOV for the MCC?  I'm sorry but I don't feel like browsing through 303 pages in this topic for the answer.

Unchanged. H2A's is based on H2's. I'm pretty sure you can work out the game's FoV based on the highlighted section of the radar (which represents the player's sightlines).

The Halo 4 playlist might as well be SWAT only. Sprint works with instant killtimes, so it's actually very fun, especially with the DMR. Halo 4 SWAT is the fun super-casual twitch shooter that they wanted Halo 4 to be.

With regards to actual Halo, the time is right for a permanent Head to Head playlist. Glorious, host-free dedicated server 1v1s would be a thing of beauty.