FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

10 hours ago, Boyo said:

A competition between two players should end with a winner and a loser.  “Everybody wins” is not satisfying.

online this literally just means who has faster connection lol. half skill half net. not something i'd put in my game. tho it is legacy so whatever.

h2 OG behavior is stupid too on lan. if u fire on the same frame, 1 person is randomly chosen as the victor and the other person's bulelts do some funky shit. i'm not sure what. in testing, sometimes u would deal them body damage even tho u were aiming at the head, sometimes the shots miss. tho if ur >400 units away, you just trade since it doesn't seem to affect already airborne bullets. not sure how it handles if the 2nd bullet in his burst and a 3rd bullet of my burst are the killing blow and land at same time. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

You ever played Halo on the internet from 2004 to 2013 by any chance?

If not, I can see where you're coming from.

This nonsense started with Reach. SWAT and Snipers were a joke because you would constantly trade kills. 

If the game has to favor one or the other, I would rather it favor people with good internet connections. The last thing you want is for people to prefer playing over wifi because it’s easier to land shots. Yeah, that would be pretty crazy...

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gobias said:

If the game has to favor one or the other, I would rather it favor people with good internet connections. The last thing you want is for people to prefer playing over wifi because it’s easier to land shots. Yeah, that would be pretty crazy...

I hate games like CoD and Apex that favor the player with the worse connection so even if you are waaay around the corner, they hit you on their screen while downloading 60 GB of anime via torrents at 250 ping so they get the kill. Awesome.

9 hours ago, Basu said:

This nonsense started with Reach. SWAT and Snipers were a joke because you would constantly trade kills. 

He’s me thinking it started with halo 3 cos I traded all the time in that game as well.

7 minutes ago, Gold said:

He’s me thinking it started with halo 3 cos I traded all the time in that game as well.

On 360? That shit rarely happened.

• Thonking (+0) 3

20 minutes ago, Gold said:

Yeah but only with melees which was a last ditch effort to fix the broken melee system. Reach and onwards allows trading with hitscan weapons. 

I hardly count melee trading, we’re not talking about that ok.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Why is Halo 3 trending on Twitter?

I'll do you one better; WHY is- oh... nevermind. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

The Xbox Twitter account asked what the top 3 games of all time were. Lots of people put Halo 3.

Halo Reach's PC Test "Illegally Distributed", Players Facing Bans

Straight from waypoint

Good Morning,It has come to our attention that the Halo Insider flight has been illegally distributed online. If you download or play this illegal copy, we have the right to ban all associated accounts and remove you from all current or future 343 programs. The Microsoft Service Agreement can be found here.Cheers,

Postums

24 minutes ago, Nokt said:

343 are honestly dicks for that. I know you want limited people playing but still. That better not be a perma ban. Halo fans have waiting since 2004 to have halo on pc(eldewrito doesn’t count since it’s by indie devs) , to ban them for pirating a little test build is ridiculous, especially since they’re banning their actual XBL accounts! It’s even noted you could lose your purchased games.

• Downvote (-1) 2

4 hours ago, xSociety said:

Because majority of halo fans find it to be the best halo.

I'm pretty sure that people pirating your beta means they're really excited to play the game. Probably don't permaban them? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm pretty sure that people pirating your beta means they're really excited to play the game. Probably don't permaban them? 

Excited or not, it's still a breaking of the terms of service one signs up for when they get onto XBL. Sucks to be them, but they should get the ban, hardcore. Don't pirate content like this. Simple.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Who the fuck pirates an unfinished version of a Reach campaign mission? Kids nowadays smh. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Basu said:

Who the fuck pirates an unfinished version of a Reach campaign mission? Kids nowadays smh. 

Would it kill you to realize h3&reach are probably the fan favorited halos right now? 

We need a Centered cross hair option. Halo reach PC has that, and I want it. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Would it kill you to realize h3&reach are probably the fan favorited halos right now? 

I'm well aware of that, but still. If it was a working MP build I could understand but what are you getting out of a single campaign mission yet alone a bug-infested pre-alpha flight? People gotta learn to just wait a little.

12 minutes ago, Basu said:

I'm well aware of that, but still. If it was a working MP build I could understand but what are you getting out of a single campaign mission yet alone a bug-infested pre-alpha flight? People gotta learn to just wait a little.

1. It’s so people get a feel on how pc halo feels(especially reach) after all these years

2. People have waited for a long time.

Does anyone else think this is absolute dogshit? I can't be the only one who thinks dumping effects on top of each other makes for a worse experience. 

• Like (+1) 1