Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Riddler said:

bullet mag is referred to as auto-aim in halo 1 code b/c bungie devs are stupid and kornman isnt keen on fixing it. smh

 

aim assist = assisting ur aim

bullet magnetism = the way the bullet is magnetized to the person

it's not confusing.

 

 

its literally just bungie using dumb ass names to be special. 

And yet people have been conflating the two terms for many years. It's because the verb in both terms could theoretically apply to the other term. If you give each term a verb that can only be applied to what you're talking about, that wouldn't happen anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Riddler said:

bullet mag is referred to as auto-aim in halo 1 code b/c bungie devs are stupid and kornman isnt keen on fixing it. smh

 

aim assist = assisting ur aim

bullet magnetism = the way the bullet is magnetized to the person

it's not confusing.

 

 

its literally just bungie using dumb ass names to be special. 

in 343's making halo 5 videos they say magnetism how your reticle slows when it's next to an enemy. 

Share this post


Link to post

His reticle is well past the player’s shoulder and it still registers as a headshot.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boyo said:

His reticle is well past the player’s shoulder and it still registers as a headshot.

343s vision of Halo in a nutshell. The bullet magnetism on every gun is frickin insane. I suspect they do that not just to counteract the spartan gimmicks and noob down the game for the codtards but also because it makes the netcode appear much better than it actually is. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

343 just doesn't seem to get it. I don't think they understood what halo was before they took control. It's almost like they just want to be another shooter in the very dense market they already exist in.  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Aim assist has always functioned like that, the difference being that starting in Halo 2 (probably) headshots are prioritized. You can see in that clip exactly when the corrected bullet path snaps onto the head. This avoids pulling bullets down to result in a bodyshot  when you were aiming for the head like in Halo 1. One solution, barring total removal of bullet magnetism, is to remove the vertical component of the correction. Next, the bullet magnetism needs to be a lot lower at close range. That fixes the problems Halo has always had with various aim assist systems.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

343 do indeed say it the other way around. 

That bullet mag correction is at least 5 pringle cans away from his head 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, Basu said:

Did MCC get a huge population boost or something? I swear I'm finding matches way faster than I used to. The game is also a ton of fun now that it finally works, can't wait for the progression system and ranked ZBNS and Invasion.

Works?  If by works you mean EUR, MEX, and COL bad kids getting a latency tolerance boost on US East or US West server requiring 8-10 head shots to kill them while they can 3 you easily across the map, then I guess it's fixed.   Why should a game take me 10 minutes to finish and be unrealistic when it should be over in 5 min like it does against 4 players in the US?   People can actually land their shots when all players on a given server are near it.  This foreigner shot registry handicap I've been hearing so much about needs to go.  Most have stopped playing CE for this reason.  I hardly play anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't reach supposed to be out for testing this month? 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, logan said:

Wasn't reach supposed to be out for testing this month? 

 

On 6/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, Nokt said:

 

It's still June by the way.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Gobias said:

It's still June by the way.

Is it? I thought it was November. Year's zipping by fast.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Is it? I thought it was November. Year's zipping by fast.

Every day is April 20th for me.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, WARGOD said:

Works?  If by works you mean EUR, MEX, and COL bad kids getting a latency tolerance boost on US East or US West server requiring 8-10 head shots to kill them while they can 3 you easily across the map, then I guess it's fixed.   Why should a game take me 10 minutes to finish and be unrealistic when it should be over in 5 min like it does against 4 players in the US?   People can actually land their shots when all players on a given server are near it.  This foreigner shot registry handicap I've been hearing so much about needs to go.  Most have stopped playing CE for this reason.  I hardly play anymore.

I said it works as in "I can find games very quickly, it doesn't crash left and right and I'm not stuck in endless MM for 30 minutes", not that the game is fully fixed. Yes CE (and H3 for that matter) hitreg is still ass the vast majority of the time and the game is obviously not fit for competitive play.

Share this post


Link to post

At 2:02 this shit is exactly why bullet mag on rockets should just be removed from all the games honestly. It either doesn't do shit or fucks you over, very rarely will it actually help the user.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, Knighty Knight said:

this

also, who's my controller gang on pc?

Don't be gross what's wrong with you ewwwey

On 6/23/2019 at 4:40 PM, Hard Way said:

I feel like if we all started saying reticle friction and bullet redirection, we could eliminate the confusion between the two mechanics forever.

Another advantage to "bullet redirection" is that branding makes it sound kind of ridiculous.  Humans are stupid and branding has a huge influence on how people perceive things.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Don't be gross what's wrong with you ewwwey

Another advantage to "bullet redirection" is that branding makes it sound kind of ridiculous.  Humans are stupid and branding has a huge influence on how people perceive things.

Oh I just meant people that aren’t trying to sell the game, having a discussion about said mechanic. The dev can call it what they feel best suits their needs. You’re right, it’s not a good marketing term.

Share this post


Link to post

How the FUCK is ********-ass Gungoose CTF played to 5 caps but CTF on Wizard and those new small forgemaps to 3? I swear these people are high when deciding on settings.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Basu said:

How the FUCK is ********-ass Gungoose CTF played to 5 caps but CTF on Wizard and those new small forgemaps to 3? I swear these people are high when deciding on settings.

It's actually worse, they make these decisions while sober during the work day...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Basu said:

How the FUCK is ********-ass Gungoose CTF played to 5 caps but CTF on Wizard and those new small forgemaps to 3? I swear these people are high when deciding on settings.

I quit out every time it comes up. Used to do the same with Rocket Hog Race in Reach multi team back in the day. 

Fuck that gametype. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, darkstar said:

I quit out every time it comes up. Used to do the same with Rocket Hog Race in Reach multi team back in the day. 

Fuck that gametype. 

I used to hate Rocket Hog Race too, but I can’t lie, it did get me a lot better at driving.

Im working on drawing attention to non-H1 settings that need work. I think we pretty much have H1 where we want it, and I’m ready to hone in on something else. I’m not the guy who makes the decisions or makes the changes, but they do seem to listen to me a lot. I’ll keep at it. Feel free to bring up any other settings that should be changed @Basu

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I used to hate Rocket Hog Race too, but I can’t lie, it did get me a lot better at driving.

Im working on drawing attention to non-H1 settings that need work. I think we pretty much have H1 where we want it, and I’m ready to hone in on something else. I’m not the guy who makes the decisions or makes the changes, but they do seem to listen to me a lot. I’ll keep at it. Feel free to bring up any other settings that should be changed @Basu

Yeah I responded to you on Waypoint. Basically all Assault and CTF gametypes in H2A blow because the score to win is too low and returning the flag takes an eternity even on maps like Warlock.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I used to hate Rocket Hog Race too, but I can’t lie, it did get me a lot better at driving.

Im working on drawing attention to non-H1 settings that need work. I think we pretty much have H1 where we want it, and I’m ready to hone in on something else. I’m not the guy who makes the decisions or makes the changes, but they do seem to listen to me a lot. I’ll keep at it. Feel free to bring up any other settings that should be changed @Basu

See, driving was something I always found very easy in Halo, but I most people are straight ass at driving the hogs. I never get in the gunner in BTB with randos because most people are straight up incompetent haha. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, darkstar said:

See, driving was something I always found very easy in Halo, but I most people are straight ass at driving the hogs. I never get in the gunner in BTB with randos because most people are straight up incompetent haha. 

You sir are not wrong. I have serious trust issues about other people driving. The thing I learned most from Rocket Hog Race was how to land on your wheels most of the time. I learned that when you're rolling, gas makes you roll more, reverse slows your roll, and L trigger makes your wheels "stick". I had a group of 3 that we played with a lot to try for a Halotracker 50, and by the time I got it, we hardly ever had to bail out of the hog.  The ones I always hated were Elite Slayer bc the gameplay is molten shit, and KotH because if you wanted to win you had to die a lot. We always voted Slayer unless there was some 3 Ball or Headhunter available. 3 Ball was our shit.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.