CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What are we to them? The edgelords? The jaded crowd? I'm genuinely curious if Reddit even knows if TB exists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

What are we to them? The edgelords? The jaded crowd? I'm genuinely curious if Reddit even knows if TB exists.

isn't this place more popular than r/halo

im aware r/halo has gotten siginificantly more popular in 2018 

35 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Either HCS/MLG tryhards or a bunch of armchair developers/Halo scientists. 

• Like (+1) 1

So apparently 343 did some fixes in Halo CE. What specifically did they fix? I've noticed camo is a hell of alot better so I assumed they tweaked that but was there anything else they worked on?

13 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

So apparently 343 did some fixes in Halo CE. What specifically did they fix? I've noticed camo is a hell of alot better so I assumed they tweaked that but was there anything else they worked on?

I believe someone posted a list about 4 pages ago or you can find it on Waypoint I’m sure, but aim assist was removed on the rocket launcher to mirror the OG xbox version.

Gosh I need reach so bad. I love infection but every game has such a bad infection. Reach infection was so fun and balanced. In h2a humans are too op and no forge maps, h3 same boat, h4 uses flood mode where thruster is OP AF! Where’s hive mind damnit! 

I wish I had someone to play MMOS with😩. None of my friends like to play em. It’s just shooters is all they care for. Anyone here like MMOS? 

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

I wish I had someone to play MMOS with😩. None of my friends like to play em. It’s just shooters is all they care for. Anyone here like MMOS? 

I play Destiny, does that count?

• Toxic (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Tyco said:

I play Destiny, does that count?

No it does not 🤬

Final Fantasy 14 is legit, best MMO right now.

46 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

It's almost like you haven't even played UNO. jeez

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Really? I’ve read it has a decent community 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Titles like this are what cause people to get up in arms about it being delayed when 343 said "if all goes according to plan" flights would be next week

12 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Titles like this are what cause people to get up in arms about it being delayed when 343 said "if all goes according to plan" flights would be next week

It also defeats the purpose of watching the video since the title apparently gives all the information. Low tier clickbait.

• Like (+1) 2

Who wants to bet that mcc reach somehow comes out after Halo Infinite? :kappa:

On 6/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, Gobias said:

I believe someone posted a list about 4 pages ago or you can find it on Waypoint I’m sure, but aim assist was removed on the rocket launcher to mirror the OG xbox version.

They actually didn't remove it. I played rocketball twice and there is still a shit ton of aim assist on the rockets even across the map on Wizard you can flick your reticle across the screen to find spawners lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Nokt @BigShow36 Another thing I noticed about punishing the 2nd quitter that came to mind: If only the first quitter gets punished people would routinely bully the bottom fragger to quit so they get off scot-free, especially to3 would probably relentlessly harass their 4th random once they start losing. This happens all the time in CSGO competitive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Basu said:

They actually didn't remove it. I played rocketball twice and there is still a shit ton of aim assist on the rockets even across the map on Wizard you can flick your reticle across the screen to find spawners lol.

I think that you might be confusing auto-aim/red reticle with target magnetism. 343 removed auto-aim/red reticle from MCC Halo 1's rockets, they didn't remove target magnetism from MCC Halo 1's rockets. Halo 1's rockets on the MCC had auto-aim/red reticle enabled because Halo PC's rockets also has it enabled.

Auto-aim/red reticle on MCC Halo 1's rockets would sometimes cause the rocket projectile to be slightly guided/pulled towards your opponent. For example this would sometimes cause instances of your rocket projectile to be guided/pulled towards the top portal on Derelict because you shot your rocket at your opponent right before he used the bottom portal. Normally the rocket should of been a miss because your opponent used the portal right before your rocket could of hit him but due to rockets on MCC Halo 1 having auto-aim/red reticle it caused your rocket to still hit him regardless.

343 didn't remove target magnetism from MCC Halo 1's rockets because rockets on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 also has target magnetism. Target magnetism causes your reticle to stick or feel magnetized when aiming at an opponent. I dislike target magnetism on Halo 1's rockets because it makes it difficult to aim rockets at your opponents feet or aim rockets away from your opponent. That being said I don't expect 343 to remove target magnetism from MCC Halo 1's rockets because rockets on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 also has target magnetism and Halo 1 NHE doesn't even remove target magnetism from Halo 1's rockets.

Finally, there was the pesky auto-aiming on the H1 Rocket Launcher. I'm not sure I have described the issue here on previous blogs, but this dates back to a Halo PC change. In the original H1 release, there was no auto-aim on the Rocket Launcher, but it was added in Halo PC, maybe to improve the new asynchronous network model used for MP? Whatever the reason, no one really likes it, and it also impacts the campaign experience.

Anyway, normally this fix would require a change to the weapon content. Which means we would also have to rebuild the H1 maps. Which means a larger update. This would complicate the Content Update, which means added risk. What's not as risky is making a very specific hard coded change to the Rocket Launcher at runtime to remove auto-aim setting, which will need to be removed once we actually do rebuild content (because hard coding things is Not Cool).

Now, when you aim your Rocket Launcher it will fire the projectile exactly where you were looking. Auto-aim should not be confused with target magnetism. The latter is where your aim will stick or feel magnetized to a target as it settles within your crosshairs. Auto-aim is a controller-specific feature where projectiles are slightly guided to a target within your scopes. When auto-aim is at full strength, your reticle turns red (so it’s possible to have cases of having auto-aim without red reticle). Now that the Rocket Launcher no longer has auto-aim settings it also means you will never see its reticle turn red. Just like in the original H1 release.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, xxcloud7xx said:

I think that you might be confusing auto-aim/red reticle with target magnetism. 343 removed auto-aim/red reticle from MCC Halo 1's rockets, they didn't remove target magnetism from MCC Halo 1's rockets. Halo 1's rockets on the MCC had auto-aim/red reticle enabled because Halo PC's rockets also has it enabled.

Auto-aim/red reticle on MCC Halo 1's rockets would sometimes cause the rocket projectile to be slightly guided/pulled towards your opponent. For example this would sometimes cause instances of your rocket projectile to be guided/pulled towards the top portal on Derelict because you shot your rocket at your opponent right before he used the bottom portal. Normally the rocket should of been a miss because your opponent used the portal right before your rocket could of hit him but due to rockets on MCC Halo 1 having auto-aim/red reticle it caused your rocket to still hit him regardless. 

343 didn't remove target magnetism from MCC Halo 1's rockets because rockets on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 also has target magnetism. Target magnetism causes your reticle to stick or feel magnetized when aiming at an opponent. I dislike target magnetism on Halo 1's rockets because it makes it difficult to aim rockets at your opponents feet or aim rockets away from your opponent. That being said I don't expect 343 to remove target magnetism from MCC Halo 1's rockets because rockets on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 also has target magnetism and Halo 1 NHE doesn't even remove target magnetism from Halo 1's rockets. 

Gotcha. The terminology around aim assist is so inconsistent lol. I always though it was 1) aim assist or friction that slows down your reticle and 2) bullet magnetism that curves the bullets towards the enemy, apparently they only removed that? Halo 2 also has a shit ton of bullet mag on the rockets, it's comical.

Also this is the funniest shit I've seen all week. Wtf.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Gotcha. The terminology around aim assist is so inconsistent lol. I always though it was 1) aim assist or friction that slows down your reticle and 2) bullet magnetism that curves the bullets towards the enemy, apparently they only removed that? Halo 2 also has a shit ton of bullet mag on the rockets, it's comical.

Yeah I find the terminology to be a bit confusing and inconsistent. I decided to use the terminology that Sean Cooper AKA kornman00 used so that when I quoted him from that halowaypoint post that it wouldn't be as confusing. To clarify, the only thing that 343 removed from MCC Halo 1's rockets is the auto-aim/red reticle AKA bullet magnetism. MCC's Halo 1's rockets still has target magnetism AKA reticle friction because rockets on the original Xbox version of Halo 1 also has target magnetism AKA reticle friction.

Also this is the funniest shit I've seen all week. Wtf.

My friend sent me that clip. When I first watched that clip I laughed hysterically. Not only did Gearbox manage to mess up Halo 1's rockets by putting auto-aim/red reticle AKA bullet magnetism on them, 343 somehow managed to mess up the portals. I assume that 343 messed up the portals by attempting to fix portal bumping but I'm not too sure so please take what I said with a grain of salt.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like if we all started saying reticle friction and bullet redirection, we could eliminate the confusion between the two mechanics forever.

• Like (+1) 6

On 6/22/2019 at 11:15 AM, OG Nick said:

all about oldschool runescape or poe

bullet mag is referred to as auto-aim in halo 1 code b/c bungie devs are stupid and kornman isnt keen on fixing it. smh

aim assist = assisting ur aim

bullet magnetism = the way the bullet is magnetized to the person

it's not confusing.

its literally just bungie using dumb ass names to be special. 

• Like (+1) 4