CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

59 minutes ago, JordanB said:

If I'm going to lose 1 xp for losing, or 1 xp from quitting, that won't decentivize enough people to not quit. Maybe it did for some people in 2007 but not in today's world where people quit just being down 15-5 in Slayer or 1-0 in CTF.

Ah, I meant -1 for a quit, not a loss. That changes the whole meaning of what I was trying to convey. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hate to say it but hardcore h2 needs to go, or at least become unranked. I rather it be unranked personally. You just can’t find a game. I’ve never seen a playlist more dead and it pains me to say. I think an unranked version would do fairly well to be honest. 

CE 4’s on paper should be to 100 but in reality people just quit out all the time. I personally think the social setting it’s in hurts it. If it was ranked you’ll most likely see players stick around to the score limit and learn to appreciate the game more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

I hate to say it but hardcore h2 needs to go, or at least become unranked. I rather it be unranked personally. You just can’t find a game. I’ve never seen a playlist more dead and it pains me to say. I think a unranked version would do fairly well to be honest. 

CE 4’s on paper should be to 75 but in reality people just quit out all the time. I personally think the social setting it’s in is hurting it. If it was ranked you’ll most likely see players stick around to the score limit and learn to appreciate the game more. 

Once we have a Custom Games Browser than I'm fine with removing it.  But as it stands right now they have no desire to gives us ranked H2 FFA or 2v2 so this is what we got.  No doubt MLG 4v4 is objectively the best way to play H2, but yeah no one at any rank can find a game; unless we're arranging teams to search together.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, darkstar said:

Ah, I meant -1 for a quit, not a loss. That changes the whole meaning of what I was trying to convey. 

That makes sense, however I would change it so it's +1 for finishing a game, +2 for a win, -1 (or -2) for a quit. 0 for a loss. This way you not only decentivize quitting, but you give players the reward for, "well I'm losing 40-20 but instead of losing an xp (which makes the game last even longer for players who stay) I'll hold out for another minute or two so I don't lose anything."

Basically you reward to finish games, bigger reward for winning, punishment for quit.

+1 for winning, nothing for losing and -2 for quitting, assuming you're the first to quit. Second player gets -1 the rest get off for free (well they get a loss so it's basically a surrender option).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Basu said:

+1 for winning, nothing for losing and -2 for quitting, assuming you're the first to quit. Second player gets -1 the rest get off for free (well they get a loss so it's basically a surrender option).

I wouldn't punish the second player to leave. Nobody wants to play a 3v4. 

EDIT: I'd almost rather the game has a mercy rule if its a 2v4. Game ends in 10 seconds

9 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I wouldn't punish the second player to leave. Nobody wants to play a 3v4.  

EDIT: I'd almost rather the game has a mercy rule if its a 2v4. Game ends in 10 seconds

That one is debatable I agree, but IMO a 3v4 is still playable/winnable under certain circumstances. Sometimes someone on the winning team quits as dumb as that sounds, or the game is extremely close and the 3s have weapon control. IMO if the second player leaves in that scenario he's screwing over the others, but I see your point honestly. In an 8v8 the 2nd quitter should def. get punished though.

Also I think the game shouldn't end instantly if it's a 2v4, I've had countless TS games that still turned around. It's unlikely, but I'd leave the choice up to the player IMO.

1 minute ago, Basu said:

That one is debatable I agree, but IMO a 3v4 is still playable/winnable under certain circumstances. Sometimes someone on the winning team quits as dumb as that sounds, or the game is extremely close and the 3s have weapon control. IMO if the second player leaves in that scenario he's screwing over the others, but I see your point honestly. In an 8v8 the 2nd quitter should def. get punished though.

Also I think the game shouldn't end instantly if it's a 2v4, I've had countless TS games that still turned around. It's unlikely, but I'd leave the choice up to the player IMO.

Yeah, but i'd say its mass majority of the time 3v4's aren't worth playing. Losing 3v4's heavily outweigh the times you are a winning 3v4. 

I'm fine with leaving the option to the player. Just have mercy option pop up when you die like booting a teammate. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

See the problem is you're using sound logic and deductive reasoning to make educated decisions and we all know that shit doesn't fly here.

this

also, who's my controller gang on pc?

Quit penalties and 3v4/2v4 all depend on how the game plays. If it's team-shot Halo, like I expect it to be, then a 3v4 game is pretty tough to play out. If it's a game with an actual individual skill gap, then 3v4 is definitely doable and worthwhile playing out. 

I like @Basuconcept of "+1 for winning, nothing for losing and -2 for quitting, assuming you're the first to quit. Second player gets -1 the rest get off for free." You need to penalize the 2nd player to quit as well, otherwise teams will just have a burner account that quits first and then everyone else gets off for free. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

You need to penalize the 2nd player to quit as well, otherwise teams will just have a burner account that quits first and then everyone else gets off for free. 

I knew I forgot something haha. Yes, people would probably run something similar to the 3 champ + 1 exchangable bronze smurf setup that is so popular in H5 and get around the quit penalties.

The GOAT has been making these videos revealing how he composed Halo's music. It's a must watch for anyone interested in music composition. He also has a playlist for the development of Music of the Spheres from Destiny.

• Fire (+1) 1

I'm in the UK and I am always connected to East US 2. Is there no West EU server or is that because of low population?

1 hour ago, Gobias said:

The GOAT has been making these videos revealing how he composed Halo's music. It's a must watch for anyone interested in music composition. He also has a playlist for the development of Music of the Spheres from Destiny.

Damn I love the ODST and Reach music. By far the best in the series in my opinion and underrated.  Whenever you wanna praise it some clown will wanna come along and remind you that CE and H2 had the best music.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gold said:

Damn I love the ODST and Reach music. By far the best in the series in my opinion and underrated.  Whenever you wanna praise it some clown will wanna come along and remind you that CE and H2 had the best music.  

I think H2 just has the catchiest music because the beats and the guitar are addictive.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/20/2019 at 8:49 AM, Knighty Knight said:

also, who's my controller gang on pc?

Represent.

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Represent.

🙋‍♂️

7 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

I'm in the UK and I am always connected to East US 2. Is there no West EU server or is that because of low population?

There is, but there are so few concurrent EU players (at least in the lists i play, H2C and H1 ranked) that it is very rare to get an EU server.

To get to play on an European server, my experience is that significantly more than 50% of the players would have to be from Europe, or further east. Actually, I only think I have gotten EU servers when playing H1 ranked if all four players were from Europe.

8 hours ago, Botheredhat360 said:

There are multiple EU dedis but the server selection is busted basically. It's also heavily biased towards US, if there's one US player and 7 EU tough shit you're playing East US 2.

39 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

jQPB4iK.png

Reddit is a strange place. 

It's almost like, they live in a bubble with no actual sense of the reality our community is in.  Crazy how pigeon-holing yourself within the most common demonstrator of Halo fans will do that to a person.

1 minute ago, Squatting Bear said:

It's almost like, they live in a bubble with no actual sense of the reality our community is in.  Crazy how pigeon-holing yourself within the most common demonstrator of Halo fans will do that to a person.

You don't even need to involve Halo to question that statement - who the hell has PC LAN parties these days? 

• Like (+1) 1