Jump to content

FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

So has 343 basically given up on trying to fix the hit detection at this point..cause if they haven’t it sure seems like it after the last five updates have had zilch.

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

So has 343 basically given up on trying to fix the hit detection at this point..cause if they haven’t it sure seems like it after the last five updates have had zilch.

They're prioritizing Reach and PC right now. After Reach gets release I imagine each game will see increased scrutiny as their release approaches.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The difference the match composer makes is astounding. I can find matches instantly in the middle of the day while Halo 5 is unplayable unless it's peak hours. I can play nothing but CE if I want, or BTB in everything sans the H4. I really hope this is the standard for MM moving forward because it works almost flawlessly.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Basu said:

The difference the match composer makes is astounding. I can find matches instantly in the middle of the day while Halo 5 is unplayable unless it's peak hours. I can play nothing but CE if I want, or BTB in everything sans the H4. I really hope this is the standard for MM moving forward because it works almost flawlessly.

To be fair that's probably more due to the insane MMR that Halo 5 has. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

To be fair that's probably more due to the insane MMR that Halo 5 has. 

Still blows my mind they let social get ruined by this. I get it for the ranked playlists, but even then a reset every once and a while would've probably done wonders for wait times. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

To be fair that's probably more due to the insane MMR that Halo 5 has. 

True, the fake social really sucks the fun out of H5 and it makes most playlist actually unplayable because it can't even find a match on Expanded while playing peak hours.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m surprised, going into Year 4 of H5, that they haven’t disabled that for social. Seems like a logical thing to do this year.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, WildCherry said:

Been a while since I came here. Postums asked for a current list of issues from H2 and I've been working on one. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k15N0DlY83jkZ9UsFE4QOC2aoy2ST41WbOzRagoBvdA/edit?usp=sharing

 

Def need opinions on this. Anything I could add/adjust. 

spell check it before you send it to them lol. 

Also to my understanding when H2 was ported to PC spawns were messed up like the bottom base spawns on Midship in the PC version for example, this was fixed in project cartographer and I'm not sure if they ever bothered with it on MCC. Tbh you should reach out to the guys behind project cartographer and have them help you with that list bc project cartographer fixed most of the issues or better yet just have 343 let the project cartographer team fix halo 2 on MCC lmao

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

spell check it before you send it to them lol. 

Also to my understanding when H2 was ported to PC spawns were messed up like the bottom base spawns on Midship in the PC version for example, this was fixed in project cartographer and I'm not sure if they ever bothered with it on MCC. Tbh you should reach out to the guys behind project cartographer and have them help you with that list bc project cartographer fixed most of the issues or better yet just have 343 let the project cartographer team fix halo 2 on MCC lmao

Spell checked it. Appreciated. Spawns were improved, we did a list a while back. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rV9TzdUXXBqSlXZTr-K8WNjijhIsanVnkYtLdzaEHFQ/edit?usp=sharing

I am talking with someone from cartographer and he likes the list. Bullet velocitiy for sniper is raised on cartographer from default 1200 to 4000. :whoa:

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WildCherry said:

Spell checked it. Appreciated. Spawns were improved, we did a list a while back. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rV9TzdUXXBqSlXZTr-K8WNjijhIsanVnkYtLdzaEHFQ/edit?usp=sharing

I am talking with someone from cartographer and he likes the list. Bullet velocitiy for sniper is raised on cartographer from default 1200 to 4000. :whoa:

Did not realize as I have not had a reason to play mcc in a while lol thanks for a link to that list too, I'll compare that list with patch notes released for project cartographer when I get the chance.

As for important feature requests a ranked FFA playlist with MLG settings on Midship and Lockout(BR/SNIPE) only is needed as many players such as myself only play FFAs due to not having a squad to play with all the time.

Another feature I feel is important would be the option to adjust crosshair size as I play with small crosshairs in project cartographer, would be awesome if it was tied to a slider with numerical values too.

768466856.png

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Did not realize as I have not had a reason to play mcc in a while lol thanks for a link to that list too, I'll compare that list with patch notes released for project cartographer when I get the chance.

As for important feature requests a ranked FFA playlist with MLG settings on Midship and Lockout(BR/SNIPE) only is needed as many players such as myself only play FFAs due to not having a squad to play with all the time.

Another feature I feel is important would be the option to adjust crosshair size as I play with small crosshairs in project cartographer, would be awesome if it was tied to a slider with numerical values too.

768466856.png

I agree on FFA playlist 100%. Remove H2 Hardcore cause it's dead. Put FFA under competitive but have no ranks. Low population is why. Let the cats do their thing pink 2 on Middy/Lock. I'm really not sure about the slider options in cartographer though (FOV for one.) let's keep people on equal playing fields.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, WildCherry said:

I agree on FFA playlist 100%. Remove H2 Hardcore cause it's dead. Put FFA under competitive but have no ranks. Low population is why. Let the cats do their thing pink 2 on Middy/Lock. I'm really not sure about the slider options in cartographer though (FOV for one.) let's keep people on equal playing fields.

I don't think removing H2 Hardcore is a good idea especially considering the game is being released on PC and will have a massive population increase bc its at the top of steam wishlist's right now.

As for the crosshair size option I think its important to have as many other big fps games on PC also have this option and as for adjusting the fov that's already confirmed for the PC release, same with adjusting crosshair location. It's about personal preference and shoulden't have anything to do with being on an even playing field as it doesn't give a player an advantage over another, which is why I want crosshair size options to exist because having a small crosshair is just my preference on PC.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

I don't think removing H2 Hardcore is a good idea especially considering the game is being released on PC and will have a massive population increase bc its at the top of steam wishlist's right now. As for the crosshair size option I think its important to have as many other big fps games on PC have this option and as for adjusting the fov that's already confirmed for the PC release, same with adjusting crosshair location. It's about personal preference and shoulden't have anything to do with being on an even playing field as it doesn't give a player an advantage over another, which is why I want crosshair size options to exist because having a small crosshair is just my preference on PC.

okay, added.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, WildCherry said:

Remove H2 Hardcore cause it's dead. 

Please do not remove the only reason I even play H2, thanks. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Please do not remove the only reason I even play H2, thanks. 

Changed it to removing ranks in it. I cant even find a game.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

@WildCherry Might need to add the bug where stickies bounce off of enemies if it hits their weapon.

That's always been in og.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WildCherry said:

Changed it to removing ranks in it. I cant even find a game.

Yeah that's a big deal don't get scared off from trying to do something about it. Most of the time I've tried to get a game it just doesn't work

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Please do not remove the only reason I even play H2, thanks. 

If it makes you feel better, they at least removed SMG starts from match composer. Halo 3 has AR starts but Halo 2/2A has only BR starts.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

If it makes you feel better, they at least removed SMG starts from match composer. Halo 3 has AR starts but Halo 2/2A has only BR starts.

dVDJiez.gif

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's almost as if being able to shoot from spawn is good for gameplay.

  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, WildCherry said:

That's always been in og.

Really now? For as long as I competed in that game, I've quite literally never seen this until MCC. Go figure lol.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

If it makes you feel better, they at least removed SMG starts from match composer. Halo 3 has AR starts but Halo 2/2A has only BR starts.

Didn't even know that, great news. I remember the controversy when postums announced AR and SMG starts would return for the relaunch, nice to know that the bigger cancer of the two is gone. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.