CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 minutes ago, Darkomantis said:

Did they say that the MCC Halo Reach beta is open today?

Yup.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TeeJaY said:

Yup.

Nope, they were talking about the new Store beta. MCC Flighting is only confirmed to kick off this month.

• Like (+1) 1

There was a rumor reach pc is playable at M$ stores and e3. No idea if it’s true or not.

37 minutes ago, Arlong said:

There was a rumor reach pc is playable at M$ stores and e3. No idea if it’s true or not.

According to an article from Windows Central, the Halo: Reach PC beta won't be playable for Microsoft Store attendees.

This is what they have at E3:

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

DOX49TzUfi-kzRvtjdVN7VjNxmjb8FPSrL0TYCrkzvQ.png?width=617&auto=webp&s=d451451a9d7358511dc07d71b4ee9744eb7b5106

Finally the kids on reddit can stop blabbing on about how each individual game was gonna be $20-25.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 6/20/2018 at 11:21 PM, Hard Way said:

I'm curious to hear you elaborate on the pacing issues and underdeveloped plot points in ODST.

I know it's been a year, but ehhhhh... shit happens. Anyway yeah, I'll elaborate.

If you think about the literal plot of ODST from the Rookie's perspective, what is it? He wakes up, looks around the city, finds and picks up a clue (i.e. the broken helmet), looks at it, then puts it back down. Then he finds the next clue, picks up up, inspects it for a few seconds, then puts it back down. Repeat several times. And keep in mind that in between these clues he was risking his life by killing dozens of Covenant.

What the hell was going on with him? He didn't do anything. One of the criticisms of H5's story is that the characters had no impact on the plot: that if they just stayed home and didn't do anything events would have played out the same. It's a similar issue with ODST. I found the Rookie's story to be pretty disappointing, because he had no real impact.

Also, while you can technically play out the missions in any order (that is, you can pick up the clues in any order), it's just a bad idea because they spoil each other. One of the characters gets wounded by a Gravity Hammer, and later he's healed with that foam tank. If you do this in reverse, which you can, then it takes the tension away from the first one since you know he's not in any real mortal danger. It's why the clues are set up so you'll deliberately play them in order. You have to go out of your way to play the missions non-chronologically.

That's the pacing issue. You go from exploring this mostly empty city, not doing anything, to an action-packed mission, and back. I found it really jarring. The missions themselves were good, though.

There were some story elements set up for some of the characters, but I don't remember them going anywhere. Buck is probably the only interesting character, partly due to NF's charisma, but also because his teammates were really bland. Like, they literally all sounded the same. If you just read their dialogue you wouldn't know which is which.

It would've been an improvement if you just stuck with the normal story through Buck's perspective and cut out the Rookie, or keep the Rookie but give him something to do. Yeah, he was looking for his teammates—by aimlessly going around the city and looking at conspicuous items—instead of heading for some central point. In H4 the central issue was defeating the Didact. Even when the UNSC got in his way, MC found other methods, insubordinate as he was.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

I know it's been a year, but ehhhhh... shit happens. Anyway yeah, I'll elaborate.

If you think about the literal plot of ODST from the Rookie's perspective, what is it? He wakes up, looks around the city, finds and picks up a clue (i.e. the broken helmet), looks at it, then puts it back down. Then he finds the next clue, picks up up, inspects it for a few seconds, then puts it back down. Repeat several times. And keep in mind that in between these clues he was risking his life by killing dozens of Covenant.

What the hell was going on with him? He didn't do anything. One of the criticisms of H5's story is that the characters had no impact on the plot: that if they just stayed home and didn't do anything events would have played out the same. It's a similar issue with ODST. I found the Rookie's story to be pretty disappointing, because he had no real impact.

Also, while you can technically play out the missions in any order (that is, you can pick up the clues in any order), it's just a bad idea because they spoil each other. One of the characters gets wounded by a Gravity Hammer, and later he's healed with that foam tank. If you do this in reverse, which you can, then it takes the tension away from the first one since you know he's not in any real mortal danger. It's why the clues are set up so you'll deliberately play them in order. You have to go out of your way to play the missions chronologically.

That's the pacing issue. You go from exploring this mostly empty city, not doing anything, to an action-packed mission, and back. I found it really jarring. The missions themselves were good, though.

There were some story elements set up for some of the characters, but I don't remember them going anywhere. Buck is probably the only interesting character, partly due to NF's charisma, but also because his teammates were really bland. Like, they literally all sounded the same. If you just read their dialogue you wouldn't know which is which.

It would've been an improvement if you just stuck with the normal story through Buck's perspective and cut out the Rookie, or keep the Rookie but give him something to do. Yeah, he was looking for his teammates—by aimlessly going around the city and looking at conspicuous items—instead of heading for some central point. In H4 the central issue was defeating the Didact. Even when the UNSC got in his way, MC found other methods, insubordinate as he was.

Lmfao, “one year later...”

Regardless, it was an enjoyable read. Thanks for taking the time.

9 hours ago, Pranzer said:

According to an article from Windows Central, the Halo: Reach PC beta won't be playable for Microsoft Store attendees.

This is what they have at E3:

This video showing mouse and keyboard settings was also posted. Looks alright so far but I'm really hoping they add options for raw mouse input and cross-hair size because those options feel great in Halo 2 Project Cartographer and I prefer to use smaller cross-hair sizes than the default option.

You know, I just randomly thought of something. 

Halo 2 launched only a year before the 360 dropped. 

That game carried itself proud through two years of a whole new console generation before H3 hit. It's pretty impressive when you think about it.

• Like (+1) 8

Halo: CE

• Removed auto-aim and red reticule on Rocket Launcher to align with legacy.
  • Fixed an issue where a user could auto-kick themselves after being betrayed by a guest profile.
  • Added a toggle to disable betrayal booting in Custom Games.
  • Added more granular score to win options for Slayer in Custom Games.
  • Added more granular score to win options for King of the Hill in Custom Games.
  • Added more granular time limit options for all game types in Custom Games.
  • Fixed an issue which could result in a crash.

Halo 2

• Fixed an issue which made kill trading significantly more common than in legacy.
  • Adjusted gamma values to better align with legacy.

Halo 3

• Added missing Hardcore Construct map variant in Custom Games.

Matchmaking

• Adjusted the vehicle set in Halo: CE Big Team Battle modes.
  • Globally disabled infinite sudden death in Halo 2.
  • Adjusted time and score limits for Mayhem modes in Halo: CE 8v8 Action Sack.
  • Enabled betrayal booting and adjusted gravity settings in H3 Speed Demons.
  • Disabled friendly fire and updated descriptions in Fiesta.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-game-playlist-update---6-11-2019/cae54c51-dd71-4538-b447-4c410defa540/posts

EDIT: that formatting came out horrible. Let me see if I can fix it on mobile. Fixed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Weird bug that you can replicate around any wall off-host. Not sure what's causing it, but it's not lag. This is on central server in the h2h playlist and I wouldn't doubt if this shit happens off-host on Lan also.

• Upvote (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, adamisgood said:

"Weird bug that you can replicate around any wall off-host. Not sure what's causing it, but it's not lag. This is on central server in the h2h playlist and I wouldn't doubt if this shit happens off-host on Lan also."

can you go into theater and cap this for me at a 3rd person angle to see the bullets better. will send directly to 343

12 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You know, I just randomly thought of something. 

Halo 2 launched only a year before the 360 dropped. 

That game carried itself proud through two years of a whole new console generation before H3 hit. It's pretty impressive when you think about it.

It's impressive if I don't think about it.

29 minutes ago, Riddler said:

can you go into theater and cap this for me at a 3rd person angle to see the bullets better. will send directly to 343

3rd pov. Hope this is good. If you need another angle, I'll get it.

Also, here is what happens when you get the bug to happen out in the open. You can shoot no where near them and it'll still hit them (you can still shoot the spartan and it'll still register). This is a little harder to replicate. I can't get a 3pov of this as I have no clue which game it is in theater.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, adamisgood said:

3rd pov. Hope this is good. If you need another angle, I'll get it.

Also, here is what happens when you get the bug to happen out in the open. You can shoot no where near them and it'll still hit them (you can still shoot the spartan and it'll still register). This is a little harder to replicate. I can't get a 3pov of this as I have no clue which game it is in theater.

yeah that is perfect. I had already sent the 1st video and scoops responded that he saw it and that it's logged. the 2nd bug is also a good one. forwarded both new videos still

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Did 343 ever definitely state which version of Reach is coming to PC? Ie what settings. As long as there is a competitive list with competitive settings I'm ok with it.

3 minutes ago, Strikah said:

Did 343 ever definitely state which version of Reach is coming to PC? Ie what settings. As long as there is a competitive list with competitive settings I'm ok with it.

Two ranked playlists, one is Invasion with vanilla settings, one is MLG V7 settings including no sprint and zero bloom. Social stuff is set to TU settings which is 85% bloom.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2019 at 4:05 PM, Shekkles said:

It's impressive if I don't think about it.

You’re impressive.

2 hours ago, Gobias said:

You’re impressive.

YOU'RE BREATHTAKING

18 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

YOU'RE BREATHTAKING

tenor.gif?itemid=14310969

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care if it makes me a normie, I love that man.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

snip

That montage was excellent. A straight up joy to watch. Thanks for sharing.

• Like (+1) 2