CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

58 minutes ago, Sosa Baby said:

someone hand me the rope and the ladder 

I have a mate that thinks Reach is the bees knees but frequently says "because I suck at Halo 3" so there is that.

• WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Sosa Baby said:

830789133d4b0a178cf9ac41591d8454.png

I know people here always preach "opinions can't be wrong" but Jesus Christ.

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Vanilla Reach makes me want to swallow magma. There were so many things that prevent you from winning engagements with shield remaining. Everything in the game seemed to conspire to leave you shieldless and incapable of fighting another one until you've waited for it to regen.

But that's ok, a jetpacker or sprinter will come and wipe you out whilst you're waiting to recharge.

Or a hand-held nuke will bounce around the corner.

Watching that Reach gameplay posted yesterday really reminded me of this. Every engagement will leave you shieldless. Bloom, no bleed through (why is this even a thing?), nades that are way too powerful for the shitty movement, sprint+melee, ugh vanilla reach is just garbage. Funny how a company who swears by "30 seconds of fun" had their final Halo game packed with so many anti-fun mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Watching that Reach gameplay posted yesterday really reminded me of this. Every engagement will leave you shieldless. Bloom, no bleed through (why is this even a thing?), nades that are way too powerful for the shitty movement, sprint+melee, ugh vanilla reach is just garbage. Funny how a company who swears by "30 seconds of fun" had their final Halo game packed with so many anti-fun mechanics.

This is one of the complaints that I think is ignorant. You can’t find me a game where an engagement of 2 individuals looking and fighting one another will leave the winner with full hp in the end. Stuff like this is hardly warranted a complaint and what not. 

30 minutes ago, Arlong said:

This is one of the complaints that I think is ignorant. You can’t find me a game where an engagement of 2 individuals looking and fighting one another will leave the winner with full hp in the end. Stuff like this is hardly warranted a complaint and what not.  

Of course it's not gonna be full HP, this isn't Quake or CS. But compared to any other Halo game besides probably Halo 5, vanilla Reach has tons of mechanics that ensure you can't make it out of most engagements with any sort of shield left. Not even my #1 complaint with the game though. It's mostly the horrendous kill times and how sprint and jetpack ruin any sort of map flow that ruin the game plus of course Drop Shield and Armor Lock.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/4/2019 at 5:10 AM, Jake Teh Nub said:

Yeah. Vanilla Reach was 100% the worst way to play Halo seriously. I think most people have just forgotten how ass full bloom, vanilla AL/sprint and no melee bleedthroughs were. If I remember right they made grenades less OP as well.

Literally the worst version of Halo. 4 has nothing on Vanilla Reach.

• Like (+1) 4

On 6/4/2019 at 11:06 AM, Snipe Three said:

What website am I on right now? Lmao. There is nothing worse in the entire series than default Reach. Nothing. Rockets on Chiron TL34 is better. Of course it still has a lot wrong with it on TU settings. If you're actually interested in playing anything worth a damn on Reach you're in the competitive playlist or playing some weird forge custom.

Anywhere else and you've got strange tastes at best (at least imo obviously) and should probably prepare to spawn with the magnum/AR and play on Swordbase in most cases. Fuck 100% and 85% bloom. Forever. 

Pretty much my reaction. Haven't been here in a while so surprising to check this thread and see this. If any of you think vanilla reach was good/competitive/better than tu you have nostalgia goggles on.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Sosa Baby said:

830789133d4b0a178cf9ac41591d8454.png

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Pretty much my reaction. Haven't been here in a while so surprising to check this thread and see this. If any of you think vanilla reach was good/competitive/better than tu you have nostalgia goggles on.

I'll hop on the Reach hate train. Reach made me quit playing Halo until MCC came out. The movement speed, jump height, and reticle bloom were unbearable. It felt like they did everything they could to slow down the game. I lasted a few weeks, but was long gone before any major title updates could come out. H5 at least felt something like a hybrid arena shooter that I could enjoy. Reach was totally unrecognizable to me.

16 hours ago, Basu said:

Opinions can't be wrong. 

It is my opinion that opinions are often wrong/inaccurate. 

My opinion that opinions can be wrong, can't be wrong. 

(Posts like this help prove that) 

"Armor lock was the best addition to any Halo game" - Some guy on Waypoint. 

1 hour ago, NAK said:

Opinions can't be wrong. 

(Posts like this help prove that) 

"Armor lock was the best addition to any Halo game" - Some guy on Waypoint. 

Opinions can’t be wrong BUT they can be less relevant. Vanilla ice cream is great is far more relevant than someone who says ketchup on ice cream is great.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Opinions can absolutely be wrong. Preferences is the word you’re looking for. Preferences take truth out of the equation, and allow for someone to enjoy something even if it’s shit. Opinions still wrestle over what is true.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, NAK said:

a0TY9Vd.gif

The opinion that ketchup on ice cream tastes better than ice cream without ketchup is wrong and could be backed by statistical data if you really wanted to. But if someone's preference is that ketchup on ice cream tastes good to them, they're not wrong they're just a fkn weirdo.

Armor lock is not good for Halo, and if someone believes that it is then they are wrong (ask 1,000 people if they want armor lock in Infinite and the overwhelming majority would say no). But if someone likes playing Halo with armor lock, you can't really say they're "wrong" for what they enjoy playing.

• Fire (+1) 3

You guys really are nuts. Opinions can't be wrong lmao unless backed by actual objective data. You're just asking to look like a dick when you try and say otherwise. Stop being so eager to call things and other people wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sure, opinions can't be wrong, but that doesn't mean can't be heavily criticized or ridiculed. Lots of Flat Earthers out there, despite objective data.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Sure, opinions can't be wrong, but that doesn't mean can't be heavily criticized or ridiculed. Lots of Flat Earthers out there, despite objective data.

If I believe the Earth is flat, and that can be proven wrong, then why are you saying opinions can't be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

In my opinion, your data is bullshit and doesn't prove anything. xD

3 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

In my opinion, your data is bullshit and doesn't prove anything. xD

Fair enough lol. I might not be able to convince a flat-earth believer that they are wrong, but at the end of the day their opinion is still wrong.

What? Of course opinions can be wrong. 

Opinion: "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

Opinions about objective reality are oftentimes wrong. 

Opinions about subjective preference cannot be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Opinions can't be wrong lmao unless backed by actual objective data.

This sentence doesn't make sense.

33 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

This sentence doesn't make sense.

I was reading that and was like “TF” that means it’s a fact and not an opinion. 

Opinions are formed around a factual basis with subjective feelings formed around that information. If that basis is false, or lacking information, it in turn can color and change your subjective feelings toward your final opinion, making the opinion ultimately invalid. This what a real "wrong" opinion is.

Invalid is the key word here. A valid opinion will always hold weight in a conversation, even if its contrary to an alternative opinion. 

An excellent example of two alternative "right" opinions would be hitscan versus projectile.

• Like (+1) 3