FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

15 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The H4 DMR had bloom too, but no one talks about it. Because it wasn't that bad.
Obviously we all would prefer zero bloom, but most of us still had fun on TU regardless. It was enough to get me to play the game, whereas I refused to play Vanilla.

you havent seen my posts have ya.

tho it has more to do with the BR overshadowing it because it was easier to aim and has 2hit beatdown and every1 used it so you'd run out of ammo using dmr. 

also to just weigh in... 85% bloom is shit. like 100 or 85, its not gunna play diffierently. the same bullshit will happen. instead of random ass percent of the time (say 80), it happens 73% of the time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't made a post on here in a while but does anyone know if 343 mentioned anything about aim assist on controllers for the pc port of mcc? Just hoping it's not going to give controller players an advantage over m/kb players on pc(asking bc I dont know much about this topic lol)

I'll add another question. Did they say anything about achievements for Reach? I'm sure they will add them, but haven't heard anything.

10 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

If you're talking about Reach poomagnum starts with 4% jump height, that shit can stay gone.

Bruuh those settings got me through the dark times between 2011 and until MCC was finally fixed last year. It's not perfect by any means but it's very close to peak Halo. Fast killing utility, great maps that also look fantastic, decent settings, fast spawning powerups and PWs on every map etc. Yes the Magnum is unfortunately an inconsistent PoS past midrange, but it kills in fucking 3 shots and my shots actually register because Reach has the best netcode of all Halo games. Way more fun than fucking H4/5/Vanilla Reach.

Bloom is still bloom, but to say TU's 85% doesn't make a difference is insane. That plus Armor Lock nerf made the game pretty playable. Was is good? I'd play it over 4 and 5, but it's still pretty shit.

Just play ZBNS, plain and simple.

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Bloom needs to have an on/off option in custom games, I didn't see that confirmed or denied anywhere in the bulletin.

I thought they said custom games would be given the option between Vanilla/TU/ZBNS 

6 hours ago, Turkeyyy Lips said:

I'll add another question. Did they say anything about achievements for Reach? I'm sure they will add them, but haven't heard anything.

They did say they're making playlists, specifically mentioned LASO, and considering they added achievements for ODST I'd bet my copy of MCC that Reach will have achievements.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

I thought they said custom games would be given the option between Vanilla/TU/ZBNS 

What I meant was that bloom needs its own specific toggle in each gametype, it shouldn't be tied to whether the base mode is vanilla or TU.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There’s BKS on waypoint advocating for no TU. God I hope 343 doesn’t listen to those scrubs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Arlong said:

There’s BKS on waypoint advocating for no TU. God I hope 343 doesn’t listen to those scrubs.

Wow. What a controversial opinion.

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Wow. What a controversial opinion.

Hey if anyone likes vanilla over TU they can go suck a fat one. Literally the only reason they like vanilla is because they believe it was balanced and good. 

• Like (+1) 4

Or that they don't even fully understand what TU is and just want what they've been playing. We must inform the uninformed.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Hey if anyone likes vanilla over TU they can go suck a fat one. Literally the only reason they like vanilla is because they believe it was balanced and good. 

Implying that a mode that still fucking has bloom and armor abilities is "balanced and good." Stop.

Like I've said probably a dozen times now, 85% plays no differently than vanilla. You can scream and wave the patch notes around all you want, but random bloom is still random, armor lock is still press-X-to-not-die, jetpack still breaks half the maps, sprint still breaks all the maps, camo is still an atrocity, and so on. The ONLY difference is that the people who actually had fun with default Reach (who according to you dorks need to be re-educated or something) now get less of what they liked, while the people who disliked Reach (and mocked these settings back in the day) are still going to dislike Reach and stop searching it within 2 weeks max, because bloom and armor abilities are still front and center.

Compromise is lose-lose: example #8 trillion something

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Implying that a mode that still fucking has bloom and armor abilities is "balanced and good." Stop.

Like I've said probably a dozen times now, 85% plays no differently than vanilla. You can scream and wave the patch notes around all you want, but random bloom is still random, armor lock is still press-X-to-not-die, jetpack still breaks half the maps, sprint still breaks all the maps, camo is still an atrocity, and so on. The ONLY difference is that the people who actually had fun with default Reach (who according to you dorks need to be re-educated or something) now get less of what they liked, while the people who disliked Reach (and mocked these settings back in the day) are still going to dislike Reach and stop searching it within 2 weeks max, because bloom and armor abilities are still front and center.

Compromise is lose-lose: example #8 trillion something

Dude can you shut the fuck up?  You don’t like reach period so your opinion of the game goes out the window. The people who liked reach didn’t completely hate those aspects. 85% bloom isn’t as random as vanilla, it worked very similar to its zero bloom counter part. It was quite enjoyable. I don’t think someone’s opinion of reach like yours should ever be valued simply because you hate basically everything about the game. You only like v7 which is 10% of the game, so therefore is voided. You have your settings when the game releases, but some of us like other shit as well. 85% bloom well balances reach a lot more than zero bloom does. Seriously bro, why are you even commenting about reach? I can tell you’re one of those people who quit and never came back, probably went straight back to h3 or something. The 85% bloom makes the DMR more accurate and consistent, but still keeping what bungee intended. 

If someone doesn't like something, they're opinion is invalid... 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, a Chunk said:

If someone doesn't like something, they're opinion is invalid... 

giphy.gif

It becomes invalid if they can’t see anything good period. And when their reasons are simply one of ignorance. And I’ll admit part of me is defending reach because I love the game. Armor lock is still armor lock and bloom is still bloom. It’s words like those that spill out bullshit, pretending they play the same when nerfed or buffed is ludicrous at best.  No one wants to hear the words of someone who just hates the game. It’s like a pubg player shitting on fortnite for its kid friendly aspects, or graphics, or overneed of building. It shows you DONT understand the game so therefore your opinions are now voided. Bloom is meant to also prevent cross mapping, which 85% bloom does a lot better in rewarding good players but not making it op like V7 Would. 

• WutFace (+0) 2

I agree that 343 falls for the golden mean fallacy too much but come on Larry TU is objectively better. And they can't really apply ZB to the full game right now. They didn't remove spread from H3's BR, they didn't fix the H2 BR's shots just turning into dust after a certain range etc. They're leaving the games as they are. Is is stupid? Of course, but this is supposed to be a legacy collection not a "what should've been". We're lucky that they're actually applying TU to all social and ranked gametypes.

I wish they'd just slap a 4sk ZB DMR on all Reach gametypes, but they're never gonna do that. This is about the best we're gonna get.

• Like (+1) 7

What irks me is that 343 seems to be going with the TU settings not because they understand why bloom is detrimental to the game, but simply because it's what they heard the most. The studio isn't capable of critical thought and it pisses me off. REGARDLESS, I'm glad they're choosing TU.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

What irks me is that 343 seems to be going with the TU settings not because they understand why bloom is detrimental to the game, but simply because it's what they heard the most. The studio isn't capable of critical thought and it pisses me off. REGARDLESS, I'm glad they're choosing TU.

I remember watching a stream when Halo 4 came out and the host was asking a 343 guy about different aspects of the game.  He was like “I notice rockets travel faster and have long lasting contrails.  Is there a reason for this?”  And instead of giving any gameplay related reasons the 343 guy was like “yeah we thought it looked cool.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

I agree that 343 falls for the golden mean fallacy too much but come on Larry TU is objectively better. And they can't really apply ZB to the full game right now. They didn't remove spread from H3's BR, they didn't fix the H2 BR's shots just turning into dust after a certain range etc. They're leaving the games as they are. Is is stupid? Of course, but this is supposed to be a legacy collection not a "what should've been". We're lucky that they're actually applying TU to all social and ranked gametypes.

I wish they'd just slap a 4sk ZB DMR on all Reach gametypes, but they're never gonna do that. This is about the best we're gonna get.

What are you talking about? I never once even suggested that ZB should be the standard across all of Reach matchmaking. I know there's no chance of that.

It doesn't matter if TU is "objectively better" than vanilla by some meaningless, microscopic amount. Bloom and armor abilities, the two main culprits behind all the backlash Reach got in the first place, are still present and still every bit as much of a drag on the game as they were before the TU (again, go ahead and wave the patch notes in my face until your arm falls off - it's window dressing, the game itself plays no better with slightly nerfed versions of each). The difference is (again...), the people who actually liked Reach and played it extensively for the first year-plus of its life cycle, before TU settings were rolled out (which is a lot, many multiples more than Halo 4 was getting a year after launch), are now getting a watered down version of what they loved, because ticky tack concessions are being made to people like you and 90% of this board, who still won't fuck with Reach for more than a few days after it launches because the game still blows for the aforementioned reasons. Yet you insist on it anyway because TU IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER BRO!

This reminds me of the stupid-ass conversation here from wayyy back where people insisted that Halo 4 should be Halo 2/Halo 3-ized for the MCC to "unify the experience" or some bullshit, even though a H4 that's been made to cheaply imitate H2 or H3 is still a cesspool and anyone who actually enjoyed the original H4 gets screwed, but fuck them, right?

• WutFace (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

It becomes invalid if they can’t see anything good period. And when their reasons are simply one of ignorance. And I’ll admit part of me is defending reach because I love the game. Armor lock is still armor lock and bloom is still bloom. It’s words like those that spill out bullshit, pretending they play the same when nerfed or buffed is ludicrous at best.  No one wants to hear the words of someone who just hates the game. It’s like a pubg player shitting on fortnite for its kid friendly aspects, or graphics, or overneed of building. It shows you DONT understand the game so therefore your opinions are now voided. Bloom is meant to also prevent cross mapping, which 85% bloom does a lot better in rewarding good players but not making it op like V7 Would. 

Image result for go back to reddit

• Like (+1) 1

As long as I can wait outside then drop down and Armor Lock on the planted bomb to disarm it on Zealot, we’re fine.

35 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

What are you talking about? I never once even suggested that ZB should be the standard across all of Reach matchmaking. I know there's no chance of that.

It doesn't matter if TU is "objectively better" than vanilla by some meaningless, microscopic amount. Bloom and armor abilities, the two main culprits behind all the backlash Reach got in the first place, are still present and still every bit as much of a drag on the game as they were before the TU (again, go ahead and wave the patch notes in my face until your arm falls off - it's window dressing, the game itself plays no better with slightly nerfed versions of each). The difference is (again...), the people who actually liked Reach and played it extensively for the first year-plus of its life cycle, before TU settings were rolled out (which is a lot, many multiples more than Halo 4 was getting a year after launch), are now getting a watered down version of what they loved, because ticky tack concessions are being made to people like you and 90% of this board, who still won't fuck with Reach for more than a few days after it launches because the game still blows for the aforementioned reasons. Yet you insist on it anyway because TU IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER BRO!

This reminds me of the stupid-ass conversation here from wayyy back where people insisted that Halo 4 should be Halo 2/Halo 3-ized for the MCC to "unify the experience" or some bullshit, even though a H4 that's been made to cheaply imitate H2 or H3 is still a cesspool and anyone who actually enjoyed the original H4 gets screwed, but fuck them, right?

I’m replying to the underlined text: there’s plenty of us who will play reach far more than a few days. Reach after TU still had thousands! I don’t play reach today simply because 30fps plus mexi host is unplayable! 

2 hours ago, Basu said:

And they can't really apply ZB to the full game right now.

I never expected them to do this, but to be honest I am salty about it not happening. Bloom could have been removed entirely, no casual players would have blinked an eye, the Collection's shooting mechanics would be more consistent across games, and Reach would instantly be better.

TU will do I suppose.

• Like (+1) 2