CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I definitely appreciate military ranks coming back for progression, but I would prefer progression be based on wins like Halo 3’s xp system. I also think bringing back xp per playlist/gamemode would give this game a lot more replayable and longevity. 

I still think Halo 3 and Reach’s system could coexist, with Reach’s progression credits being used to buy cosmetics like armor, firefight voice, armor effect, etc. which also allows the use of daily and weekly challenges, as well as commendations to come into play.

This is what I would love to see come to Infinite, but I don’t have my hopes high that it will be a very good game. At least if MCC on PC can conjure up an experience with lots of replayability and longevity, I can be at peace knowing there is still some fun Halo experience that I can go and play. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, great news all around. Idk why Invasion has to be ranked, but I'll take it, might be fun. The dream of finally playing Reach v7 with working ranks is coming true, only took roughly a decade lmao.

I hope Anniversary settings won't be lumped in with default reach garbage, it's a completely different game. Give it it's own slot in the match composer.

• Like (+1) 3

This update looks really great. I like the progression system and having it clearly indicate personal and teamwork related XP. The seasons bit is interesting (and what people on twitter/reddit are upset about), but I'm more curious on how it works in regards to the ranking system. Will we have visible ranks reset but MMR be present so there isn't a true reset? Interesting to see the philosophy on that.

I would have hated the seasons system if content became locked after a season ends. Everything stays, you just need to go through one set at a time (I think you can choose which you want to do), which I personally think is cool.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m so glad reach is being released with proper settings. Reach is my 2nd favorite halo game, and reach being released like this will be epic. I’m not glad about TU infection though. Will make the pistol too op, infection should be alpha zombies only. Reach TU swat is debatable. 

As for release date I’m calling July or August. 

The seasons are basically a season pass from a BR game.

I'm glad that they seem to be warming up more to mods by the week.

I would love to playtest a version of H2 with a TSK BR and/or reduced aim assist. See how that game plays without such long kill times. 

The ability to change individual weapon damage modifiers for each Halo game should have any player soaking wet with excitement. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Decent update, glad I’ll be free from H3s horrendous shot registration. Have they announced a release window? I think I missed it going over the blog. 

Very informative update, one thing I'm worried about is the competitive seasons and ranks resetting.  There needs to be a small handful of playlists that are ranked and permanent.  

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

Very informative update, one thing I'm worried about is the competitive seasons and ranks resetting.  There needs to be a small handful of playlists that are ranked and permanent.  

Is dodging players still a thing (dashboarding), or did they fix that? It made high ranks mean nothing. 

3 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Is dodging players still a thing (dashboarding), or did they fix that? It made high ranks mean nothing. 

I believe they fixed that with the August update bro

11 minutes ago, Zdann said:

A

Is it true that the MCC magnum is more inaccurate than the original?  I always assumed it was just lag.

I ran some tests on OG, MCC, and NHE recently comparing spread at close range and long range. I only did five kills at long range (roughly across Hang 'em High, it wasn't consistent by any means). In original, it was 3, 3, 4, 4, 5 so four bullets lost to spread. In MCC it was 3, 3, 5, 6, 7 so nine bullets lost to spread.

I can run more tests tonight and make the distance more consistent (top open to red pistol maybe?) But right now I would say the sample size isn't large enough to know for sure.

• Like (+1) 4

I'll reup my xbox live for some Reach v7 and getting a 50 in Invasion

• Like (+1) 1

Glad we're getting TU. I was legit just going to play Action Sack until Halo 1 got released. Cannot stand vanilla Reach.

• Like (+1) 1

Could be better, could be a lot worse though. Putting invasion in the competitive playlist section is like opening a ski shop in Cameroon. The 85% bloom settings are just as useless as vanilla. Stockpile getting lumped in with flag and bomb isn't great. Bloom needs to have an on/off option in custom games, I didn't see that confirmed or denied anywhere in the bulletin.

15 hours ago, Basu said:

I hope Anniversary settings won't be lumped in with default reach garbage, it's a completely different game. Give it it's own slot in the match composer.

If you're talking about Reach poomagnum starts with 4% jump height, that shit can stay gone.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Glad we're getting TU. I was legit just going to play Action Sack until Halo 1 got released. Cannot stand vanilla Reach.

I’m in the same boat. I may of enjoyed reach BUT that was only when TU released. I remember playing MLG and this asshole got a perfection because every time he got in a battle he ran away if he didn’t get the first shot!  The OG bloom made it impossible to kill him. He also had host! 

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Could be better, could be a lot worse though. Putting invasion in the competitive playlist section is like opening a ski shop in Cameroon. The 85% bloom settings are just as useless as vanilla. Stockpile getting lumped in with flag and bomb isn't great. Bloom needs to have an on/off option in custom games, I didn't see that confirmed or denied anywhere in the bulletin.

If you're talking about Reach poomagnum starts with 4% jump height, that shit can stay gone.

The 85% bloom isn’t as bad, wtf you talking about? It was way more balanced but obviously no bloom is better. 

My gentital warts are leaking.  These are some saucey sores.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Arlong said:

The 85% bloom isn’t as bad, wtf you talking about? It was way more balanced but obviously no bloom is better. 

Bloom is bloom. Armor lock is armor lock. The game still plays like shit.

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

My gentital warts are leaking.  These are some saucey sores.

Just quoting this in case it gets deleted.

8 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Bloom is bloom. Armor lock is armor lock. The game still plays like shit.

Just quoting this in case it gets deleted.

That’s not how that works. With a buff that basically makes it near zero and armor lock in TU was hella nerfed. Bloom wasn’t bad in TU. 

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

That’s not how that works. With a buff that basically makes it near zero and armor lock in TU was hella nerfed. Bloom wasn’t bad in TU. 

That's exactly how it works. Random bloom is random bloom. Armor lock is still a press X to not die button. 

This is like insisting that a stab wound is a good thing because at least it's not a gunshot wound.

The H4 DMR had bloom too, but no one talks about it. Because it wasn't that bad.
Obviously we all would prefer zero bloom, but most of us still had fun on TU regardless. It was enough to get me to play the game, whereas I refused to play Vanilla.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

The H4 DMR had bloom too, but no one talks about it. Because it wasn't that bad.
Obviously we all would prefer zero bloom, but most of us still had fun on TU regardless. It was enough to get me to play the game, whereas I refused to play Vanilla.

ThANK YOU! This Larry guy acting like TU bloom was as bad as normal bloom.