FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On 5/27/2019 at 9:14 AM, Squatting Bear said:

This game needs a playlist refresh BADLY.

I hate suggesting this, but given the population problems what would you think if they took H2A and H2C Hardcores and made them one playlist? And if this does not work for those looking to play H2ish gametypes, what if you made that playlist 2v2 slayer? Maybe you could actually find games when the total party size only had to be 4? It's not my ideal setup (which is a hardcore playlist for each Halo - pretty close to what is present actually), but since I can virtually never find H2C/A games, it may be worth trying something new.

2 hours ago, II AdamanT II said:

I hate suggesting this, but given the population problems what would you think if they took H2A and H2C Hardcores and made them one playlist? And if this does not work for those looking to play H2ish gametypes, what if you made that playlist 2v2 slayer? Maybe you could actually find games when the total party size only had to be 4? It's not my ideal setup (which is a hardcore playlist for each Halo - pretty close to what is present actually), but since I can virtually never find H2C/A games, it may be worth trying something new.

There isn't ever going to be a simple solution to fixing the playlists. There isn't a good enough population to warrant all of the playlists and I don't think there ever will be. You'll either just have to leave them up and people will have long search times or you combine/delete/rotate playlists to try and push players into a handful of players to reduce search times, but not playing exactly what they want to play. 

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Maybe what they need to do is make the AR harder to use? Give it moderate levels of recoil. 

Recoil in a console game can suck a dick as far as I'm concerned.

24 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

A weapon with a fast rate of fire, small magazine, and fast reload, like a machine pistol, isn’t so bad with vertical recoil because it’s not like you need to account for recoil mid clip, you just start your aim low and let it work up the body itself then readjust your aim while reloading.

4 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Halving TTK would be a buff. I assume you mean to double it?

Sorry what I really meant to say was that the AR should only deal damage to the user.

• Fire (+1) 1

I'm way late to the party, but honestly so much of the utility vs auto confusion with new/bad players could be solved by just putting the utility in the fucking primary slot. If it was out when you spawned, it would solve so many problems about what players are expected to use.

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

Sorry what I really meant to say was that the AR should only deal damage to the user.

To be honest, I'd probably be in favor of that.  The controller should just shock you every time you shoot an AR.  Bringing new meaning to Risk versus Reward in gaming.

I'm obviously not serious, but I feel like I need to say that because sometime within the next decade some sick bastards will probably actually implement something like this into a game, and I don't want to bear any responsibility for it.

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Could just be cod like levels of recoil or battlefield. 

Or it could be none. You ever think of that?

7 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I think we can all agree that console FPS games were a mistake.

• Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Or it could be none. You ever think of that?

No  I don’t, because we need ways to make guns not dog shit, without making them gosh blown easy to use. And @arglactable you’re not helping mate.

The way you make guns not dog shit is by making base movement good.  Allow players to make themselves hard to hit and even weapons that can potentially kill very quickly, most of the time will not.

H3 AR was perfect. Worked in very close range and was a clean-up weapon when you burnt through a BR clip. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

H3 AR was perfect. Worked in very close range and was a clean-up weapon when you burnt through a BR clip. 

Just needed better aesthetics. The gun sounded and felt weak af.

• Upvote (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Boyo said:

The way you make guns not dog shit is by making base movement good.  Allow players to make themselves hard to hit and even weapons that can potentially kill very quickly, most of the time will not.

How hard then fool? You can’t bring quake levels of speed and expect people to like it! 

Wanted to edit: Starting at 4:26 they confirmed that TU will be in both casual and competitive matchmaking

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Wanted to edit: Starting at 4:26 they confirmed that TU will be in both casual and competitive matchmaking

YES!!! Gosh the guy playing was stupid, his mouse movements showed he’s a controller player.

ZBNS as a ranked hardcore for Reach. We're also getting ranked invasion. 

Social gets TU settings. 

"XP will be awarded based on medals earned in the match under the banner of two categories – performance and teamwork. At the end of the match, the category and XP value for each medal earned will be displayed." 

Not really a fan of earning xp based on medals. Nor having seasons in MCC. The game is old, let us just enjoy it without feeling like a grind. Maybe that's just me. 

• Like (+1) 2

yeah halo3 system for xp or bust. reach's sucked

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

TU: All Arena modes (Ranked + Match Composer) including: Slayer, SWAT, Team Snipers, BTB, FFA, and Obj. (CTF, KotH, Ball, Bomb, Stockpile, etc.)
*DMR starts will be weighted more than AR starts in TS
*Unclear for Action Sack, though this really doesn't matter of course

Vanilla: Invasion, Grifball, and Infection
*Standard Invasion will be ranked, but Inv. Slayer and Skirmish will be in the Match Composer
*Dev Invasion maps will be weighted more than Forge Invasion maps
*Infection is being tested with TU

ZBNS: Hardcore/v7
*Obviously ranked alongside Invasion
*Possible line-up changes going off of how "pro feedback" was worded, could mean nothing though

Misc:
*Map/mode/playlist rotation isn't going to strictly abide by how it is in legacy Reach, not too many details on this besides the general TU focus
*TU and Anniversary modes will be built-in with vanilla modes in customs
Regarding the recent Reach MM details for MCC ^^

Here's the whole blog. I recommend reading into the MM and progression stuff. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-may-2019

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Penance needs a 60 sec camo respawn instead of 120 and it would solve a lot of problems.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Penance needs a 60 sec camo respawn instead of 120 and it would solve a lot of problems.

Naw.

46 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

TU: All Arena modes (Ranked + Match Composer) including: Slayer, SWAT, Team Snipers, BTB, FFA, and Obj. (CTF, KotH, Ball, Bomb, Stockpile, etc.)
*DMR starts will be weighted more than AR starts in TS
*Unclear for Action Sack, though this really doesn't matter of course

Vanilla: Invasion, Grifball, and Infection
*Standard Invasion will be ranked, but Inv. Slayer and Skirmish will be in the Match Composer
*Dev Invasion maps will be weighted more than Forge Invasion maps
*Infection is being tested with TU

ZBNS: Hardcore/v7
*Obviously ranked alongside Invasion
*Possible line-up changes going off of how "pro feedback" was worded, could mean nothing though

Misc:
*Map/mode/playlist rotation isn't going to strictly abide by how it is in legacy Reach, not too many details on this besides the general TU focus
*TU and Anniversary modes will be built-in with vanilla modes in customs
Regarding the recent Reach MM details for MCC ^^

Here's the whole blog. I recommend reading into the MM and progression stuff. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-may-2019

Only ranked playlists for Reach are Hardcore and Invasion, so there shouldn't be any issue getting games on ZBNS.