CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Anybody try Mayhem in H1 8v8 Action Sack yet? What do you guys think?

24 minutes ago, JordanB said:

They said if all goes according to plan, which is no indication that it could be pushed until June. I'm not necessarily annoyed with the delay, just don't wanna be given a false approximate date. Give me a range of April-July if nothing else. 

The point of approximate dates is that they can shift, lmao. That's literally the point of prefacing the entire announcement with "ifs". Them shifting doesn't make it false, because it wasn't set in stone in the first place, nor promised. That was just a hopeful post.

Dude they didn't give a solid "This month for sure" because so many things can go wrong when coding. Like so many, so so many. Especially when doing something this complex. It just happens. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone try playing Halo 1 8v8 on MCC? I'm really frustrated with the map selection. Last 2 days Ive played like 10 games. Five of them were on sidewinder, 3 on Hang em High. I feel like theres almost no chance of getting a Halo PC map which I want to play.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Anybody try Mayhem in H1 8v8 Action Sack yet? What do you guys think?

Its fun at times and other times is just crazy. Its just constant shooting and nade throwing haha

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Destroyaaa said:

Anyone try playing Halo 1 8v8 on MCC? I'm really frustrated with the map selection. Last 2 days Ive played like 10 games. Five of them were on sidewinder, 3 on Hang em High. I feel like theres almost no chance of getting a Halo PC map which I want to play.

Hang Em shouldn't be in 8v8. Even if it technically is big enough, people get enough of that map in the smaller lobbies.

If you have a gametype filter on, that might be blocking the PC maps, since I think team slayer got removed for a lot of them and now they're CTF only.

4 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Hang Em shouldn't be in 8v8. Even if it technically is big enough, people get enough of that map in the smaller lobbies.

If you have a gametype filter on, that might be blocking the PC maps, since I think team slayer got removed for a lot of them and now they're CTF only.

Oh shit well I guess if I do want to play those I should just filter out slayer. Good idea

Honestly man H1 BTB Slayer on the big maps is pretty awful. I would stick to CTF if I were you. The new addition made Action Sack for H1 8v8 just standard modes on 4v4 maps. I've been having a good time with it.

• Like (+1) 1

The only good PC maps imo is timberlands. Gephry is manageable. the rest are too big. 

• Like (+1) 4

Havent been on here in a while. We need some Infinite news big time!

2 hours ago, Bad Dub said:

Havent been on here in a while. We need some Infinite news big time!

Won't be long now. just a couple weeks away from an info dump. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Riddler said:

The only good PC maps imo is timberlands. Gephry is manageable. the rest are too big. 

Danger Canyon and Death Island are fun as fuck. 343 just has to up the vehicle count for both of them, and play them only on CTF. 

Infinity would be fun with 8 v 8 Banshees and vehicle flag carrying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sidewinder is a blast if you're not taking things too seriously. 

EDIT: Oh whoops, missed the "PC only" part

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Death island is an example of why halos max player count of 16 players needs to end. HI better allow 24 player plus BTB and Warzone should be 64 players! H5 never gave a good excuse for not allowing 24 player customs in my opinion, so I hope halo 6/infinite lets us do that this time around. So many big maps to make in forge only for them to play like dogshit because there’s not enough people and you need to clutter it with vehicles. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Arlong said:

Death island is an example of why halos max player count of 16 players needs to end. HI better allow 24 player plus BTB and Warzone should be 64 players! H5 never gave a good excuse for not allowing 24 player customs in my opinion, so I hope halo 6/infinite lets us do that this time around. So many big maps to make in forge only for them to play like dogshit because there’s not enough people and you need to clutter it with vehicles. 

7lWjDiH.png

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, NeverGoFullCanc said:

Won't be long now. just a couple weeks away from an info dump. 

Shutup dumbass

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

7 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I wrote a 35 page thesis in college. How is 12 the largest he's ever written?

I'm not saying he's lying I'm just...envious.

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, JordanB said:

I don't even care that Reach is "delayed", if flights don't begin until E3 or even end of July. I would rather them be delayed then absolute trash. It was just them saying April, even if it was a big maybe, and then them not even coming anywhere close to April is just annoying.

Welcome to game development. This is hardly specific to 343. Alot of devs will communicate a certain time for updates then miss those times.

14 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Maybe he never found a need too.

15 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Real modest of you. 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:00 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

Sidewinder is a blast if you're not taking things too seriously. 

EDIT: Oh whoops, missed the "PC only" part

Yes

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Real modest of you.

I mean we all agree that I'm just simply incredible already right?

• Thonking (+0) 1

I wrote a 50+ page thesis last year. Reps to the right. 

32 minutes ago, Basu said:

I wrote a 50+ page thesis last year. Reps to the right. 

I wrongfully assumed you were a mechanical engineer when you told me your thesis was related to lubricant viscosity.  I believe it was unethical for you to also act as a test subject but your methodology was rigorous.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

I wrongfully assumed you were a mechanical engineer when you told me your thesis was related to lubricant viscosity.  I believe it was unethical for you to also act as a test subject but your methodology was rigorous.

Rofl wtf man