CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You know it's possible to 1) talk, and 2) not say some bullshit while doing it, right? 

Boy our standards are low. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 1

49 minutes ago, JordanB said:

"Hey boss, if all goes according to plan I'll have the project done by the end of the month".

*Two months later*

"Uh, yeah, still not ready. Sorry."

Seriously, how hard would it have been to tweet "We are working hard on getting first flights ready as soon as we can, we will provide more information at the end of April". People would still be hype. This isn't an all or nothing situation. It's not "well if they didn't tell us end of April then they would just be silent and nobody would know anything". No, that's not how this works. Just tell us when you're going to give us another update. If that tweet was never sent, but they still did everything else the same (like the AMA on reddit, the end of April/beg of May updates on Waypoint) then nobody would be disappointed. You can provide information without giving a false projection.

And I don't even care about Reach.

A false projection? Ok let’s take into account you said this to your boss, but your boss never gave you a deadline, so therefore you’re all good. It’s obvious they didn’t think it’d be this hard porting a game built for console with physics tied to 60fps would be difficult. In h3 and CE custom edition 144fps isn’t possible atm so I’d imagine reach is the same way, so they have to modify the engine to allow an uncapped FPS.

16 minutes ago, Arlong said:

A false projection? Ok let’s take into account you said this to your boss, but your boss never gave you a deadline, so therefore you’re all good. It’s obvious they didn’t think it’d be this hard porting a game built for console with physics tied to 60fps would be difficult. In h3 and CE custom edition 144fps isn’t possible atm so I’d imagine reach is the same way, so they have to modify the engine to allow an uncapped FPS.

If I tell my boss I'm expected to have something ready by the end of the month, even if I'm not ready by April 30, at least make it somewhat justified by having it ready a week later. Not 2+ months late. At that point he's going be to say, "uh dude did you even know what you got yourself into when you started this?"

Give us information, not bullshit.

11 minutes ago, JordanB said:

If I tell my boss I'm expected to have something ready by the end of the month, even if I'm not ready by April 30, at least make it somewhat justified by having it ready a week later. Not 2+ months late. At that point he's going be to say, "uh dude did you even know what you got yourself into when you started this?"

Give us information, not bullshit.

Sure they could tell us what went wrong, and why we must wait until the late June but still.

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Sure they could tell us what went wrong, and why we must wait until the late June but still.

Unless their HQ blew up there's no reason to be 2 months late. I don't understand how you're defending being given specific but wrong, bullshit information, vs being given less specific but right information. 343 has literally no deadline, so be conservative, Reach could come in April or E3 or August and as long as they keep us relatively updated, almost everyone will be fine with it. As soon as you even mention "flights may begin ..." and you don't meet YOUR expectations, that's when you disappoint people.

I'd rather them have said "Reach flights are expected to begin by the end of Summer" and then flights begin a lot earlier (which just makes people even more excited) than expected in April or May than the current situation (which just makes people disappointed).

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Unless their HQ blew up there's no reason to be 2 months late. I don't understand how you're defending being given specific but wrong, bullshit information, vs being given less specific but right information. 343 has literally no deadline, so be conservative, Reach could come in April or E3 or August and as long as they keep us relatively updated, almost everyone will be fine with it. As soon as you even mention "flights may begin ..." and you don't meet YOUR expectations, that's when you disappoint people.

I'd rather them have said "Reach flights are expected to begin by the end of Summer" and then flights begin a lot earlier (which just makes people even more excited) than expected in April or May than the current situation (which just makes people disappointed).

I’d of preferred the summer release date myself, as for defending them, I just want to be a little optimistic and want them to get reach done right. Reach is one of my favorite halo/video games of all time man.

5 hours ago, JordanB said:

"Hey boss, if all goes according to plan I'll have the project done by the end of the month".

*Two months later*

"Uh, yeah, still not ready. Sorry."

Seriously, how hard would it have been to tweet "We are working hard on getting first flights ready as soon as we can, we will provide more information at the end of April". People would still be hype. This isn't an all or nothing situation. It's not "well if they didn't tell us end of April then they would just be silent and nobody would know anything". No, that's not how this works. Just tell us when you're going to give us another update. If that tweet was never sent, but they still did everything else the same (like the AMA on reddit, the end of April/beg of May updates on Waypoint) then nobody would be disappointed. You can provide information without giving a false projection.

And I don't even care about Reach.

At least I have a visible timeline of what the goalposts are for 343i on these flights. Just saying "more information at the end of the month" and then saying "its not ready" isn't any more valuable information then not saying anything at all. Its just the same vague information that 343i has been pushing for years. This is actual communication with us, even if it isn't an in depth explanation of whats going on, and we get upset over it. 

What hype? Its not like the internet is abuzz with the situation of these flights. Sure MCC going to Steam is huge, nobody but r/halo, waypoint, and TB are talking about these flights. 

This isn't a false projection lol. He didn't lie or give any false information. 

9 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You know it's possible to 1) talk, and 2) not say some bullshit while doing it, right? 

This was an elective at my Uni.

7 hours ago, Nokt said:

At least I have a visible timeline of what the goalposts are for 343i on these flights. Just saying "more information at the end of the month" and then saying "its not ready" isn't any more valuable information then not saying anything at all. Its just the same vague information that 343i has been pushing for years. This is actual communication with us, even if it isn't an in depth explanation of whats going on, and we get upset over it. 

What hype? Its not like the internet is abuzz with the situation of these flights. Sure MCC going to Steam is huge, nobody but r/halo, waypoint, and TB are talking about these flights. 

This isn't a false projection lol. He didn't lie or give any false information. 

So you like to be given information that has absolutely no meaning. 

Nobody else is talking about these flights bec we don't know anything. You want communication from 343 but, as of this very moment we know nothing. So people who aren't major Halo fans aren't going to talk about it. If flights had actually begun in April then there would be more attention to it. But it's kinda hard to give it attention when we know nothing. 

I actually wish that when they told us it wasn't coming in April, that they gave us an expected end of May release. Since bad information is better than no information. /s

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, JordanB said:

So you like to be given information that has absolutely no meaning. 

Nobody else is talking about these flights bec we don't know anything. You want communication from 343 but, as of this very moment we know nothing. So people who aren't major Halo fans aren't going to talk about it. If flights had actually begun in April then there would be more attention to it. But it's kinda hard to give it attention when we know nothing. 

I actually wish that when they told us it wasn't coming in April, that they gave us an expected end of May release. Since bad information is better than no information. /s

It might not be a ton of information, but its still more than the alternative. The goalposts are harder to reach than initially planned and they are seemingly trying harder than they did with MCC. 

We know that they had an estimated release date, we know they didn't meet that goalpost, we know its delayed. Nobody talked about besides Halo fan sites and b-tier gaming news sites. There isn't any hype for these flights, its not hurting anything by them announcing that its been delayed.

Even if it did, “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
All "bad" information doesn't have to be taken in a negative context. 

Jordanb chill lmao

also e3 is gunna build the hype even more than before and then its fine. 

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

Jordanb chill lmao

Or kill it depending on your point of view and what they show

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Watch them not show off any gameplay.

Don’t you put that evil on me

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

Jordanb chill lmao

I'm just baffled about how people would defend 343 being wrong rather then being right. It's not like anything else is going on in this thread that I'm taking attention away from.

7 hours ago, Nokt said:

It might not be a ton of information, but its still more than the alternative. The goalposts are harder to reach than initially planned and they are seemingly trying harder than they did with MCC. 

We know that they had an estimated release date, we know they didn't meet that goalpost, we know its delayed. Nobody talked about besides Halo fan sites and b-tier gaming news sites. There isn't any hype for these flights, its not hurting anything by them announcing that its been delayed.

Even if it did, “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
All "bad" information doesn't have to be taken in a negative context. 

April 1: MCC/Reach flights are going well, we don't have an estimated release date at this time but the team is working hard on getting these ready as soon as we can. We will discuss where we are by the end of the month.

May 1: While we had initially thought the flights could begin by the end of April, it is looking to be a much tougher challenge then we had anticipated. We want to get these flights out as soon as we can, however we want to make sure everything is going right before we plan on releasing it. As of now, it's unlikely that flights will begin by the end of May. We are looking to discuss MCC at this years E3; we look forward to seeing you then.

Good information, being open, nothing is wrong. 343 can have all the internal discussion they want about having it ready by the end of April, but if it's not close to being ready (and clearly it wasn't) then don't release that information to the public. Wouldn't you have rather not known an exact release date and then it come sooner as expected, then to expect something come in April just for it not to come. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Watch them not show off any gameplay.

According to leaker that’s the case.

6 hours ago, JordanB said:

Wouldn't you have rather not known an exact release date and then it come sooner as expected, then to expect something come in April just for it not to come. 

I suppose I don’t really care. I’m more surprised that anyone is upset by a it.

A company that has in the past pushed out products without proper testing and had a severe lack of communication is trying something new by delaying their testing and communicating it to us. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This just in -- 343 sucks at communication and managing expectations. The world... is SHOCKED.

In recent news, water is wet. 

13 minutes ago, Nokt said:

A company that has in the past pushed out products without proper testing and had a severe lack of communication is trying something new by delaying their testing and communicating it to us. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I suppose I don’t really care. I’m more surprised that anyone is upset by a it.

I don't even care that Reach is "delayed", if flights don't begin until E3 or even end of July. I would rather them be delayed then absolute trash. It was just them saying April, even if it was a big maybe, and then them not even coming anywhere close to April is just annoying.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Or kill it depending on your point of view and what they show

Imagine being disappointed, LMAO.

40 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I don't even care that Reach is "delayed", if flights don't begin until E3 or even end of July. I would rather them be delayed then absolute trash. It was just them saying April, even if it was a big maybe, and then them not even coming anywhere close to April is just annoying.

If it's a big maybe, then there being a "big" delay shouldn't really be that annoying. All about tempering expectations. Just my two senses. Teehee.

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JordanB said:

I'm just baffled about how people would defend 343 being wrong rather then being right. It's not like anything else is going on in this thread that I'm taking attention away from.

we here at team beyond love bashing 343. But complaining about flighting being delayed is essentially the same as complaining about the weather. 343 said it might not happen in april, and it didn't. and technically some beta builds are out there as we've seen on twitter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Arftacular said:

This just in -- 343 sucks at communication and managing expectations. The world... is SHOCKED.

In recent news, water is wet. 

5 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Imagine being disappointed, LMAO.

If it's a big maybe, then there being a "big" delay shouldn't really be that annoying. All about tempering expectations. Just my two senses. Teehee.

They said if all goes according to plan, which is no indication that it could be pushed until June. I'm not necessarily annoyed with the delay, just don't wanna be given a false approximate date. Give me a range of April-July if nothing else. 

24 minutes ago, Riddler said:

we here at team beyond love bashing 343. But complaining about flighting being delayed is essentially the same as complaining about the weather. 343 said it might not happen in april, and it didn't. and technically some beta builds are out there as we've seen on twitter

"if all goes according to plan" makes it sound a lot more like it will happen then it won't. I'm not bashing 343 to take their time, I just don't think they shouldn't give us an anticipated month for it to not even come close. 

I've pretty much said all I have to say on the topic, I just hope 343 gives us an actual real date on E3.