CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

@Sitri Do you happen to have any of WhackeyGordon's modded ZB game types saved locally back on Reach? They're impossible to find on the file search. If anyone has any of these files please message me.

3 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

@Sitri Do you happen to have any of WhackeyGordon's modded ZB game types saved locally back on Reach? They're impossible to find on the file search. If anyone has any of these files please message me.

My 360 is having a bitch of a time connecting to XBL, but try searching up BR Mitzvah on the file share. That's the tag he used to make the gametypes.

25 minutes ago, Sitri said:

My 360 is having a bitch of a time connecting to XBL, but try searching up BR Mitzvah on the file share. That's the tag he used to make the gametypes.

Wish there was A mod for ZB campaign and firefight

3 hours ago, Sitri said:

Yeah I have, no dice. I've found Ball, Bomb, and Territories, but nothing else. Still looking for Stockpile, Headhunter, Juggernaut, etc.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:00 AM, Darkomantis said:

Way to kill the hype for it. I get that there was no set timeframe but that's roughly 2 months after 343 was saying it will most likely begin.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Way to kill the hype for it. I get that there was no set timeframe but that's roughly 2 months after 343 was saying it will most likely begin.

It’s a harder project than we assumed I guess.

11 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Yeah I have, no dice. I've found Ball, Bomb, and Territories, but nothing else. Still looking for Stockpile, Headhunter, Juggernaut, etc.

I'm not sure those were ever made. We only asked for "competitive" modes at the time. If you have the means of moving content between your 360 and PC, you could probably make them yourself. The program we used was called KSoft.

Interestingly, it's by the same guy 343 picked up to fix MCC.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

It’s a harder project than we assumed I guess.

We didn't assume anything, they told us an end of April timeline to get things rolling and they are two months behind schedule of that. Don't give us any dates if you can't meet it. They should have just said from the beginning that they have no ETA. Maybe it wouldn't have built *as much* hype from the beginning, but people today (or on May 1) wouldn't be let down either. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Like I said before, they should have delayed this announcement until they actually have something to show. Cutting corners, delays and false promises are not how hype is built. I'm still waiting for that custom game browser for MCC that is coming soon btw.

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, JordanB said:

We didn't assume anything, they told us an end of April timeline to get things rolling and they are two months behind schedule of that. Don't give us any dates if you can't meet it. They should have just said from the beginning that they have no ETA. Maybe it wouldn't have built *as much* hype from the beginning, but people today (or on May 1) wouldn't be let down either. 

Technically they said April was a “maybe” not a guarantee.

'Estimated' means a rough approximation.  This is far from a promise or guarantee.  If someone has taken it as such, it's their own fault.  Now does that mean nobody has a right to be upset by it?  Nah, that's not what I'm saying.  I'm just suggesting we keep things in perspective.

If the consequence of relatively open communication is that sometimes they tell us something that results in frustration, I'll still gladly take it over the alternative of silence.  You can't reasonably expect to have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

They literally warned that this could happen and was even somewhat likely. Not that you can't complain its just, well, they told you so. Sure you could be disappointed but delays were never off the table and they were extremely up front about it

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Tommy Kost out here with easily some of the best and most important Halo content. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Sitri said:

I'm not sure those were ever made. We only asked for "competitive" modes at the time. If you have the means of moving content between your 360 and PC, you could probably make them yourself. The program we used was called KSoft.

Interestingly, it's by the same guy 343 picked up to fix MCC.

Hmm, that would make sense. However, judging by the way Gordon worded his OP it sounded like he did make files for those modes. I don't have a 360 with me anymore, so I suppose I'll just have to wait until I find someone who saved them.

On a related note, 343 should seriously consider adding new options to Reach customs so we don't have to deal with this kind of problem while still being able to mimic the current state of the game.

"TU Features = On/Off"

"Precision Weapon Bloom = 100%/85%/0%"

"Magnum Damage = 5sk/3sk"

If anyone can pass this on to someone higher up by all means do so, these options would be a win-win.

13 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Hmm, that would make sense. However, judging by the way Gordon worded his OP it sounded like he did make files for those modes. I don't have a 360 with me anymore, so I suppose I'll just have to wait until I find someone who saved them.

On a related note, 343 should seriously consider adding new options to Reach customs so we don't have to deal with this kind of problem while still being able to mimic the current state of the game.

"TU Features = On/Off"

"Precision Weapon Bloom = 100%/85%/0%"

"Magnum Damage = 5sk/3sk"

If anyone can pass this on to someone higher up by all means do so, these options would be a win-win.

It would be great if they allowed us to tweak those settings ourselves, but I doubt it will ever happen. Halo 4 used an expanded version of Reach's scripting engine, and didn't offer any options that were unavailable on the 360. I would be happy even if we could modify the traits of all the powerups independently.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Basu said:

Like I said before, they should have delayed this announcement until they actually have something to show. Cutting corners, delays and false promises are not how hype is built. I'm still waiting for that custom game browser for MCC that is coming soon btw.

Agree'd, I'm still waiting on the XP system to be added in too. They've been quiet about that so I'm beginning to worry.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, Arlong said:

Technically they said April was a “maybe” not a guarantee.

Plain and simple, don't tweet this unless the flights are basically ready and you can guarantee it comes in April. Don't build up hype just to let people down.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Plain and simple, don't tweet this unless the flights are basically ready and you can guarantee it comes in April. Don't build up hype just to let people down.

It literally says “if all goes according to plan” that means it didn’t go as planned. One thing I know of is 343 wants to release the pc and Xbox versions at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

He easily could have just fell back on the tweet being posted on April Fools.

yeah nah, that would've been a PR disaster.

5 hours ago, JordanB said:

On 5/19/2019 at 11:02 AM, a Chunk said:

'Estimated' means a rough approximation.  This is far from a promise or guarantee.  If someone has taken it as such, it's their own fault.  Now does that mean nobody has a right to be upset by it?  Nah, that's not what I'm saying.  I'm just suggesting we keep things in perspective.

If the consequence of relatively open communication is that sometimes they tell us something that results in frustration, I'll still gladly take it over the alternative of silence.  You can't reasonably expect to have it both ways.

Couldn't agree more with this. People would be upset that the flights get announced and then radio silence for months and nobody has a clue whats going on. 
I am much happier with communication rather than nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Couldn't agree more with this. People would be upset that the flights get announced and then radio silence for months and nobody has a clue whats going on. 

Exactly, people need to expect unfortunate outcomes and 343 has no choice but to deliver this right. Mac is still known to this day as the worse video game launch in history, and 343s rep hasn’t been great since. They need this to WORK. This means when they give out these flights it needs to basically be playable as hell to the point where minimum flighting is necessary. Remember before the Mcc update of 2018? It took many flights I think 3 or 4, just for them to realize they were in a decent spot to release it. 343 has to make sure reach is released as quick as possible. Reach has a decent to good reputation amongst the halo community, sure it’s not everyone’s favorite but I can guarantee you that it’s more loved than h4 & h5. That game has tons of replay ability, even more so with an actual social XP progression system. Reach to this day is played by a good chunk of 5k-15k people. This game needs to release with as minimal bugs as possible, and none of them can be game breaking. A glitch like 5v3 MM that happens super rarely isn’t as important as a glitch like ghost melees that happen frequently in a match(and in h5s case it’s not connection that causes this since it happened several times on LAN) and can literally cost a match.

when 343 announced pc halo we had every known streamer give positive comments on it(except shroud but he literally doesn’t like halo which is why) . If 343 pays ninja, hed be the best influence for halo PCs popularity and high population. Everyone who knows ninja knows he came from halo, if 343 doesn’t pay him to play, they are FOOLS! 

17 hours ago, Arlong said:

It literally says “if all goes according to plan” that means it didn’t go as planned. One thing I know of is 343 wants to release the pc and Xbox versions at the same time.

12 hours ago, Nokt said:

"Hey boss, if all goes according to plan I'll have the project done by the end of the month".

*Two months later*

"Uh, yeah, still not ready. Sorry."

Seriously, how hard would it have been to tweet "We are working hard on getting first flights ready as soon as we can, we will provide more information at the end of April". People would still be hype. This isn't an all or nothing situation. It's not "well if they didn't tell us end of April then they would just be silent and nobody would know anything". No, that's not how this works. Just tell us when you're going to give us another update. If that tweet was never sent, but they still did everything else the same (like the AMA on reddit, the end of April/beg of May updates on Waypoint) then nobody would be disappointed. You can provide information without giving a false projection.

And I don't even care about Reach.

• Like (+1) 1