CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

How would you like to customize it? Like what’s the issue you’re facing?

e: I made the raw mouse input. I’ve heard a few people complain about it, but nobody could actually explain what the issue is.

For one it’s not raw input, or at least it doesn’t feel like how you’d aim in CSGO, OW or even Eldewrito. I’d like an option of 0-100.

52 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Soon™

343 the company to say somethings coming out soon, and it happens 6 months later. 

5 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Honestly I don't consider it all that political. Since you don't know the context: She is an admitted liar. She admitted to lying purely to deceive. Not out of ignorance or something. We have the proof. It's like saying negative opinions of Richard Nixon are "political". Both sides can see how Sarah Sanders is an idiot. It shouldn't be controversial. 

She is a political figure, therefore it is political. You have your own politics thread that's basically devoid of rules to get all this shit off your chest, and that's still not enough?

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

For one it’s not raw input, or at least it doesn’t feel like how you’d aim in CSGO, OW or even Eldewrito. I’d like an option of 0-100.

Well it is raw input, so I don't know what to tell you lol. And the menu system is only set up for 1-10 so I'm really not sure how I can change this. Would a text file with mouse_sensitivity_vertical, mouse_sensitivity_horizontal work?

Also, you know raw mouse input isn't enabled by default, right? You have to turn it on.

15 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Well it is raw input, so I don't know what to tell you lol. And the menu system is only set up for 1-10 so I'm really not sure how I can change this. Would a text file with mouse_sensitivity_vertical, mouse_sensitivity_horizontal work?

Also, you know raw mouse input isn't enabled by default, right? You have to turn it on.

1. Yes I’d prefer that.

2. Yes I did that. 

7 hours ago, VinnyMendoza said:

Honestly I don't consider it all that political. Since you don't know the context: She is an admitted liar. She admitted to lying purely to deceive. Not out of ignorance or something. We have the proof. It's like saying negative opinions of Richard Nixon are "political". Both sides can see how Sarah Sanders is an idiot. It shouldn't be controversial. 

You are literally talking about politics now...

• Like (+1) 1

If politics starts becoming a thing on here I'm going to shitpost on here all day pages and pages of shitposts

40 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

If politics starts becoming a thing on here I'm going to shitpost on here all day pages and pages of shitposts

Let's talk about office politics instead.

I reckon there was a leadership change at Microsoft Game Studios and that's why Halo: Infinite is a soft reboot + new engine + MCC PC release on steam. I think someone who has actually played a game is in charge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Let's talk about office politics instead.

I reckon there was a leadership change at Microsoft Game Studios and that's why Halo: Infinite is a soft reboot + new engine + MCC PC release on steam. I think someone who has actually played a game is in charge.

Soft reboot? It can’t be a reboot if the games story is continuing, and if they’re going the same gameplay style halo is known for such as being an arena game. Changing a games in game engine doesn’t make it a reboot.

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Soft reboot? It can’t be a reboot if the games story is continuing, and if they’re going the same gameplay style halo is known for such as being an arena game. Changing a games in game engine doesn’t make it a reboot.

Refer to Mortal Kombat 9 and onward.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Refer to Mortal Kombat 9 and onward.

Sheesh, That’s time travel, that hardly counts. 

56 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I don't think it will continue Halo 5's story. I think it will lowkey drop the whole plot and create something that harkens back to CE.

• Like (+1) 1

We are 2 games into this trilogy/saga and no one has a fucking clue what the god damn story is. It's fucking Disney Star Wars in this bitch, they have no fucking plan for the overarching story. 

haha old blue lady touched green man and now hes a super hero or something i dunno shes dead and can't explain it and we shall never speak of this again.

Here's orange glowy man and he hates humans because of what they did literally hundreds of thousands of years ago, and he is aware that they fucking genocided the entire galaxy and that these are not the same people and oh shit he actually beat the chief but now hes gone, what happened to him, look hes in a comic and hes dead.

Here's blue elite man, he could be the main villia... and hes dead.

Cortana is dead its so sad psych fuckers she's back but she's a bad bitch now. 

here's black man who is clearly a johnson wanna-be and fuck, everyone hates him. 

Big bad brute man who was somehow kicking the covenants ass and the UNSC/ONI what not where completely unaware of this? Well at least this fucker managed to survive the game he was introduced in and is somewhat interesting and maybe he could be the villi... fucks sake they're stranded on the ark so unless Infinity ends up at the Ark for some reason we can assume he's not the baddie in Infinite. 

Flood teased on the Spirit of Fire? Maybe the ship will be infected and return to earth or whatnot and its contained.

Oh the flood survived Halo 3 and theres an outbreak on the ark? flood main baddi... nevermind its contained.

guardians bad big strong no non cheesy way to beat them oh fuck some teenagers and an Engineer floaty ball deactivated one. 

janus key causes people to fight over halsey and its this whole big thing and fuck that shit lets never mention it again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Simms (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I don't think it will continue Halo 5's story. I think it will lowkey drop the whole plot and create something that harkens back to CE.

They’ve confirmed this is halo 6 dude. 

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

They’ve confirmed this is halo 6 dude. 

That doesn't mean thematically it'll be in the same style. That's what a soft reboot is. The universe is a continuation but instead of a direct sequel they go on a tangent, allowing them to set a new tone, style and structure for the game whilst keeping continuity. 

This isn't confirmed by the way, this is me making a prediction.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

That doesn't mean thematically it'll be in the same style. That's what a soft reboot is. The universe is a continuation but instead of a direct sequel they go on a tangent, allowing them to set a new tone, style and structure for the game whilst keeping continuity. 

This isn't confirmed by the way, this is me making a prediction.

Same style? They’ve confirmed this takes place after halo 5. Sure they could make it harsher, bloodier, but that hardly screams reboot no? I may be thinking too hard about it but a reboot to me would be a gameplay or story change. 

22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Same style? They’ve confirmed this takes place after halo 5. Sure they could make it harsher, bloodier, but that hardly screams reboot no? I may be thinking too hard about it but a reboot to me would be a gameplay or story change. 

I think they have already hinted at it being a “soft” reboot. Whatever that entails. 

14 hours ago, Shekkles said:

You are literally talking about politics now...

Yeah I realize that, I'm just trying to give you context. I just think it's dumb that while talking about Halo or a figure at 343 that we can't even reference a politician without people getting offended and derailing the thread or whatever. Oh well. 

7 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I think they have already hinted at it being a “soft” reboot. Whatever that entails. 

I guess with the rumors of RPG elements in the campaign would be a good example of a soft reboot.

Fuck this takes me back to when kids had their mic on in MM. Laughing my ass off at this.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

How many kids with swords are you trying to give nightmares? The montage was sick, very well done.

• Like (+1) 2

I miss the days of people raging, talking shit during and after game😩😔

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Doubt it. They can't realistically just drop a storyline with massive ass, universe-changing implications without it being jarring and honestly offputting, lol. To me, that'd honestly be worse than just finishing this arc and moving back to what Halo 4 set up. Especially given Halo Wars 2 actually doubled down on it, and a lot of external media like Bad Blood focuses on what Halo 5 did, and its aftermath/how the characters are gonna deal with it. 

They've also only said the game will be a spiritual reboot in vague ways. And that it'll continue in the midst of the fight, ala CE, hence the 2560 start date to Halo 5's 2558. It'll be a large time leap. But not an outright drop.

• Like (+1) 2

If Disney can delete the Star Wars prequels, 343 can delete H5. Probably won't though. 

• Like (+1) 1