CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Seriously can we not take that obvious bait?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How are random weapons dropping at random locations around the map good for Halo gameplay?

They aren’t. Remember beast likes h4 ONLY because the guns are consistent. I promise you there’s no other reason.

Just now, Basu said:

Seriously can we not take that obvious bait?

If they wanted to explain that “I like [feature from Halo 4] because [reasons]”, I would be happy to hear them out.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, xSociety said:

I'm almost 32 and play FPS more than any other 5 genres combined. I have 257 Steam games alone, the majority being FPS by a wide margin. So don't even try with that.

It was hyperbole, I know you've had to have played more because you've referenced Battlefield to me, years back. I'm not actually going to say that.

26 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How are random weapons dropping at random locations around the map good for Halo gameplay?

No one said it was.

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If they wanted to explain that “I like [feature from Halo 4] because [reasons]”, I would be happy to hear them out.

4 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Honestly neither side respects each other's opinion, don't understand why anyone feels they have any ground on that.

But by all means don't start now because I need something to read until infinite.

Lmao

3 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Imagine posting intentionally controversial opinions in a sad attempt to gain a reaction on a daily basis.

Imagine being so salty about people's reactions and/or arguments, that you need to wear an intentionally antagonistic profile picture with a group of people in a mockery of this forum and those with differing opinions. 

Imagine spouting how your opinion or viewpoint should be respected, while not doing the same for those you expect it from.

Imagine being decently smart, but letting your arrogance and childishness define you more so than your contrarian views.

Imagine having somewhat of an interesting viewpoint that might change some people's opinions, or open up a conversation on things normally held sacred, but it's all held back all of the above.

Idk, but that's all I'm gonna say about it.

I'll respond to this point by point just for you. Because holyyy is this off base completely. 

1) I don't intentionally post controversial opinions for a reaction. The fact that you assume that is already the entire reason every other reason you posted occurs. You already assume my opinions are for some other reason simply because they are different. But you don't keep that same energy when people follow the "norm" or shit on the stuff I enjoy. 

2) Again quite the assumption.  Why would I or anyone else be "salty" about anything. You do know the reason we changed our pics right? It was literally because you guys kept addressing us as the same person. And called our discord a hivemind. So as a joke we just made our pics the same to mock that sentiment. Yea I know my fellow BBCs are gonna be mad that I said it out loud but so be it. No one is angry or saltyor upset. Stop assuming. 

3) I have respected other people's opinions. Pretty much everything I have said has been "here's my opinion. This is what I like. We just like different things" to which I have been met on multiple occasions with people telling me I am wrong and their opinion is objective truth. That and the fact that, again, it's the norm to shit on the games that I enjoy cause problems. Just because I respond more aggressively usually doesn't mean I'm not respecting opinions. This entire last debate only became a thing because the CE fans tried to say the gun is objectively better. Yea really respectful of other opinions. 

4) I don't need to be defined by anything. If that's what you see me as good for you. I'm not trying yo be defined as some dude with contrarian views I'm just posting my opinion. 

5) Its not my job to convince anyone on anything or make them change their views. I just express my own. Do you really think these people are gonna change their opinions? When they have literally stated multiple times that their opinion is objectively true? I mean read the last like 8 posts in response to me simply saying H4>CE. And tell me that I am the one that's not being respectful. Or go back to when Kelly and I simply stated we don't like power weapons. Tell me the responses were respectful and not constant "man guys can you BELIEVE this right here?" Posts every 5 seconds. 

So there you go. You can feel free to keep thinking however you want tho. Not my job to change your mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What are the things you like about Halo 4?

38 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I'll respond to this point by point just for you. Because holyyy is this off base completely. 

1) I don't intentionally post controversial opinions for a reaction. The fact that you assume that is already the entire reason every other reason you posted occurs. You already assume my opinions are for some other reason simply because they are different. But you don't keep that same energy when people follow the "norm" or shit on the stuff I enjoy. 

2) Again quite the assumption.  Why would I or anyone else be "salty" about anything. You do know the reason we changed our pics right? It was literally because you guys kept addressing us as the same person. And called our discord a hivemind. So as a joke we just made our pics the same to mock that sentiment. Yea I know my fellow BBCs are gonna be mad that I said it out loud but so be it. No one is angry or saltyor upset. Stop assuming. 

3) I have respected other people's opinions. Pretty much everything I have said has been "here's my opinion. This is what I like. We just like different things" to which I have been met on multiple occasions with people telling me I am wrong and their opinion is objective truth. That and the fact that, again, it's the norm to shit on the games that I enjoy cause problems. Just because I respond more aggressively usually doesn't mean I'm not respecting opinions. This entire last debate only became a thing because the CE fans tried to say the gun is objectively better. Yea really respectful of other opinions. 

4) I don't need to be defined by anything. If that's what you see me as good for you. I'm not trying yo be defined as some dude with contrarian views I'm just posting my opinion. 

5) Its not my job to convince anyone on anything or make them change their views. I just express my own. Do you really think these people are gonna change their opinions? When they have literally stated multiple times that their opinion is objectively true? I mean read the last like 8 posts in response to me simply saying H4>CE. And tell me that I am the one that's not being respectful. Or go back to when Kelly and I simply stated we don't like power weapons. Tell me the responses were respectful and not constant "man guys can you BELIEVE this right here?" Posts every 5 seconds. 

So there you go. You can feel free to keep thinking however you want tho. Not my job to change your mind. 

You know I will respect this. It honestly is wrong for others to act like their opinion is “objective truth” some people I’ve noticed here have a problem doing that. Some simply can’t respect an opinion because it sounds ridiculously stupid to “them”. Now as for your h4 opinion that’s how I am, but I think it’s ok for you to think so. I’ll respect you as the individual giving it, and maybe you have some unique reason for thinking this, but still I can’t help but think this opinion of h4>CE is dumb.  

Its fair to note opinions can be challenged. You can’t say something and expect those who disagree to be silent. But those who challenge it still need to remember this an opinion and can’t and most likely will never be changed. Don’t go so deep into it people, if you like CE and try convincing someone who hates the game to like it you won’t succeed I promise you. This goes for just about any video game really.

• Fire (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Spartan Assault>H4. 

For real

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This is funny, but not in the way she thinks it is. 

I think it’s fair to call it halo 1 just so people know what you’re talking about.

It's funny to me because CE can be used for both Pac-Man and Halo.

Imagine un-ironically stating that Halo 4 > Halo CE, an opinion that not even r/Halo could get behind. 

This mans got balls. I respect that. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Imagine un-ironically stating that Halo 4 > Halo CE, an opinion that not even r/Halo could get behind. 

This mans got balls. I respect that. 

Except we have no idea what he likes about Halo 4 or why since he refuses to say.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This is funny, but not in the way she thinks it is. 

How can you possibly know that?

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

How can you possibly know that?

...Do you really think she and I are getting the same laugh out of that? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

...Do you really think she and I are getting the same laugh out of that? 

Is your humour on a higher level than hers in such a way that she doesn't understand why her own joke is funny? 

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

Is your humour on a higher level than hers in such a way that she doesn't understand why her own joke is funny? 

No, but it's definitely more cynical. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just lanned NHE with 3 friends. We did a round robin and played every combination of teams. God damn I love this game. It feels so good to have a pistol that actually counts my shots and a PR that works.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

No, but it's definitely more cynical. 

You should explain her own joke to her. People love it when you do that.

• Simms (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

You should explain her own joke to her. People love it when you do that.

I don't really want to talk to the Sarah Sanders of Halo. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1