CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Imagine calling an opinion a troll cuz you don't like it. Couldn't be me. 

Agreed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

1. What is considered, especially by this community, to be the worst Halo game in Halo4.
  2. Saying it is better than what is considered, especially by this community, to be arguably the best Halo game in CE.

Saying something flippantly known to be controversial for a reaction, I don't know what else you'd call it. You probably have your reasons but that doesn't stop it being a wildly controversial opinion. You're more than welcome to explain your perspective but here's mine:

• There isn't a single map I would want to see remade outside that game, put them all in the bin.
  • Gather up all the abilities and Sprint, put them in the bin.
  • The light rifle and possibly the rail gun are the only new additions I would consider keeping weapon wise. Set the scattershot, boltshot, saw on fire and put it all in the bin.
  • I don't like the way the game looks.
  • I don't like the way the game sounds.
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, careh said:
  • There isn't a single map I would want to see remade outside that game, put them all in the bin.
  • Gather up all the abilities and Sprint, put them in the bin.
  • The light rifle and possibly the rail gun are the only new additions I would consider keeping weapon wise. Set the scattershot, boltshot, saw on fire and put it all in the bin.
  • I don't like the way the game looks.
  • I don't like the way the game sounds.

I agree except I could see the Boltshot being reworked into a viable weapon.  Change the charged shot a single, precision, 1sk, headshot capable bolt rather than a shotgun spread of pellets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If there's one thing I'd change about H4, I'd make instant spawns faster. I want the guy to spawn in even before I finish killing him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

15 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

If there's one thing I'd change about H4, I'd make instant spawns faster. I want the guy to spawn in even before I finish killing him.

I won an FFA once by having an ordinance drop on my enemy.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I won an FFA once by having an ordinance drop on my enemy.

This is the sort of nuance that makes H4 a deep game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

This is the sort of nuance that makes H4 a deep game.

It was actually one of the funniest moments I experienced in Halo.  It was on Blacksite.  I was winning 24-23.  Out of all 7 other players, I manage to run into the guy in second place.  We get into a gun fight and he beats me.  Fuuuck.  Tied up 24-24 and I’m on respawn, he’s gonna win.  Through my death cam I see an ordnance shoot down and finish him right as he is turning to fire at the winning kill.  I get 1st place while I’m dead.

• Like (+1) 1

Hope that low effort bait tasted better than it looked, bc y’all sure did gobble it up.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I don’t think people are calling your opinion a troll because they don’t like it. They are calling your opinion a troll because it’s such a trash opinion to have that people genuinely find it surprising anyone would seriously hold such an opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

I agree except I could see the Boltshot being reworked into a viable weapon.  Change the charged shot a single, precision, 1sk, headshot capable bolt rather than a shotgun spread of pellets.

The boltshot wasn’t even overpowered, its biggest fault was the fact you could spawn with it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

The boltshot wasn’t even overpowered, its biggest fault was the fact you could spawn with it.

If the charged shot was a single headshot capable projectile, it could have a longer range and require more skill for the kill.  Win/win.

54 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If the charged shot was a single headshot capable projectile, it could have a longer range and require more skill for the kill.  Win/win.

It still doesn't have a good spot in the sandbox though. Too weak to be a PW, too strong to be a loadout weapon, a terrible utility weapon. What do you do with it? 

32 minutes ago, Basu said:

It still doesn't have a good spot in the sandbox though. Too weak to be a PW, too strong to be a loadout weapon, a terrible utility weapon. What do you do with it? 

Anti-Overshield weapon.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Hope that low effort bait tasted better than it looked, bc y’all sure did gobble it up.

Again, not a "troll" or "bait" it's literally an opinion in direct response to someone else giving theirs. But yea it's bait cuz you don't agree and can't see past your own opinion. 

2 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

I don’t think people are calling your opinion a troll because they don’t like it. They are calling your opinion a troll because it’s such a trash opinion to have that people genuinely find it surprising anyone would seriously hold such an opinion.

Yikes. I hope you feel better about yourself now knowing  that you hold better opinions than others. 

I wish in h5 I could see what server I’m playing on 

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

It’s supposed to be a shotgun, lol. 

Imagine posting intentionally controversial opinions in a sad attempt to gain a reaction on a daily basis.

Imagine being so salty about people's reactions and/or arguments, that you need to wear an intentionally antagonistic profile picture with a group of people in a mockery of this forum and those with differing opinions. 

Imagine spouting how your opinion or viewpoint should be respected, while not doing the same for those you expect it from.

Imagine being decently smart, but letting your arrogance and childishness define you more so than your contrarian views.

Imagine having somewhat of an interesting viewpoint that might change some people's opinions, or open up a conversation on things normally held sacred, but it's all held back all of the above.

Idk, but that's all I'm gonna say about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Imagine posting intentionally controversial opinions in a sad attempt to gain a reaction on a daily basis.

Imagine being so salty about people's reactions and/or arguments, that you need to wear an intentionally antagonistic profile picture with a group of people in a mockery of this forum and those with differing opinions. 

Imagine spouting how your opinion or viewpoint should be respected, while not doing the same for those you expect it from.

Imagine being decently smart, but letting your arrogance and childishness define you more so than your contrarian views.

Imagine having somewhat of an interesting viewpoint that might change some people's opinions, or open up a conversation on things normally held sacred, but it's all held back all of the above.

You alright man? Talk to me.

To believe the Halo game that had custom classes, perks, care packages, and did not look nor sound like any of the games before before it (not to mention that it couldn’t hold any relevance after a month) is better than the first game, which revolutionized console FPS, is an objectively stupid opinion to hold. If you were to say it to my face, I would straight up laugh at you. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, careh said:

Saying something flippantly known to be controversial for a reaction, I don't know what else you'd call it. You probably have your reasons but that doesn't stop it being a wildly controversial opinion. You're more than welcome to explain your perspective but here's mine:

I just find the two dichotomies funny. On one hand, you can say "delete this game and every memory of it", and because the opinion is held by so many people, you'll be supported and joked with, but if someone says "nah, I like this more than X" you'll immediately be called a troll looking for bait. Of course, I didn't make the comment, but seeing the responses was pretty stupid, given the comment WAS a response to your own. Shit on it, you'll be loved. Like it, you'll be argued with into the dirt, lol.

Just now, darkstar said:

To believe the Halo game that had custom classes, perks, care packages, and did not look nor sound like any of the games before before it (not to mention that it couldn’t hold any relevance after a month) is better than the first game, which revolutionized console FPS, is an objectively stupid opinion to hold. If you were to say it to my face, I would straight up laugh at you. 

Imagine believing a preference is objectively stupid, while others are better, and unironically thinking that. 

51 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

What truly makes this forum special is the constant projection and complete lack of self-awareness.

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How you know someone's never played any FPS games, lmao.

I'm almost 32 and play FPS more than any other 5 genres combined. I have 257 Steam games alone, the majority being FPS by a wide margin. So don't even try with that.

Halo 4 is flat out a terribly made game. It might not be THE worst FPS obviously, but it is up there. The audio in H4 on the other hand is 100% the worst I've ever experienced. In any game, in any genre.

• Like (+1) 3

How are random weapons dropping at random locations around the map good for Halo gameplay?