FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

31 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I was talking specifically the Sniper. Rail gun doesn't need a headshot for a kill. 

The sniper also doesn't have a charge time.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, arglactable said:

You think a game-type that literally forces players to throw themselves at a bunch of overpowered items is more dynamic than a gametype where their positioning is NOT dictated by a bunch of timers all but forcing them to certain areas of the map at certain times? More structured? Arguably. More dynamic? No. Where Halo players got the idea that no one would move without some nuke to pick up on the map, I will never know.

Probably from the 15 years of Halo where one team sets up in a tower until something spawns and makes them go get it.

That being said, I agree with you. 

19 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I raise you 12 layer sweatsquads in Warzone with callouts.

Those exist? The times I played in a 12 stack in Warzone was 11 people roasting the shit out of Pingy and his eating habits. 

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Railgun.

I forgot that weapon exists.

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

An objective gametype with map pick ups (in addition to the objective) is more structured, and more dynamic, than an objective gametype without map pick ups.

If we're talking strictly about objective, I think this is untrue.

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Probably from the 15 years of Halo where one team sets up in a tower until something spawns and makes them go get it.

That being said, I agree with you. 

Well, yes, but that could perhaps be described more accurately as 15 years of pretending 4v4 Slayer is a worthwhile competitive game type.

12 hours ago, Boyo said:

How would you feel about removing the Rocket Launcher’s need to reload?  It can fire as many shots as it’s loaded with from one clip.

This might work in Ut an Quake but Halo tube is different kind of weapon. Fires much slower, projectiles are much slower, no ammo to refill. It's set to be used with more caution. Different category, different weapon. So no.

12 hours ago, Boyo said:

How would you feel about removing the Rocket Launcher’s need to reload?  It can fire as many shots as it’s loaded with from one clip.

I don't think rockets need a buff like that. H5 has a few REQ variants of rockets and they're all on insane levels of cheese. From what I remember there's variants with lock on, faster travel times, bigger mag, secondary cluster-bomb explosions, firing three rockets at once and they're all fucking stupid IMO. The only one I like is the wire-guided one that allows you to steer it after it's been fired. Something like that could be decent for BTB as a tank-buster.

What I would change about the rockets is lower the firing rate a tad, ever since H2 it's been too easy to get a follow up shot after missing. The slow ROF reload is what balances them IMO, together with the blast radius making it hard to kill someone without suiciding in the process. They're supposed to be the best weapon in the game and sort of ez mode, but not completely brainless. A slow ROF allows opponents to counter them as well as the slow reload, it creates an opportunity for interesting engagements and outplaying the rocket wielder. If the user can just fire rocket after rocket it pushes them into completely uncounterable territory.

It's the same reason why camo fades when shooting and why OS isn't just 45s of invinciblity. Map pickups need to come with certain bonuses as a reward for acquiring them, but should still be balanced and not a free killing spree like the pre-patch Railgun or the sniper in H5.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

"More dynamic". I love buzzwords.

Retina display

I don’t see a problem with rockets, when all we need to do is to not give it more than 2. No reload just the first 2 shots it comes with. In fact h5 HCS does this, and the rockets they use anyway are weak as shit.

12 hours ago, arglactable said:

Where Halo players got the idea that no one would move without some nuke to pick up on the map, I will never know.

lol someone apparently never heard of Philly 2005

• Toxic (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Delete that whole game and every memory of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H4 > CE

There isn’t enough bleach in the world to burn seeing this out of my eyes. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

There isn’t enough bleach in the world to burn seeing this out of my eyes. 

Good. Then suffer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H4 > CE

I flinched.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 might very well be the worst FPS I've ever played, let alone Halo game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

H4 > CE

tumblr_m58faeROYS1rv6skio1_500.gif

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

Fixed

Stop it Nick. You are doing me a frighten.

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

Halo 4 might very well be the worst FPS I've ever played, let alone Halo game.

How you know someone's never played any FPS games, lmao.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1