CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Everyone in this place be losing it 

You still haven't properly addressed the question about the assertion of me supposedly "complaining" about "Halo opinions". The post you quoted doesn't feature any complaining, especially nothing pertaining to "Halo opinions". In my opinion, you're the one who is losing it. 

How would you feel about removing the Rocket Launcher’s need to reload?  It can fire as many shots as it’s loaded with from one clip.

• WutFace (+0) 2

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How would you feel about removing the Rocket Launcher’s need to reload?  It can fire as many shots as it’s loaded with from one clip.

Why?

11 hours ago, Basu said:

You're right, of course it should cut down the timer instead of accelerating, forgot about power weapon cycles.

No, stick with the accelerating timer. Regardless of weapon cycles. Might make things interesting, as opposed to cutting the timer which just shaves time off a dead match.

• Thonking (+0) 1

24 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Why?

Other power weapons can kill four players in a row.  Why can’t rockets?  What benefit does reloading give on a weapon with such a small clip and only one spare clip?  The ultimate power weapon shouldn’t need to reload.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Other power weapons can kill four players in a row.  Why can’t rockets?  What benefit does reloading give on a weapon with such a small clip and only one spare clip?  The ultimate power weapon shouldn’t need to reload.

Why are we trying to make cheesy bullshit more cheesy, lol. Rockets on their own are stupid enough with two shots given a glancing, poorly placed rocket can outright kill you. The last thing I need is some kid spamming 4 rockets because he can.

However. On that note, it would be ten times cooler to make the sniper have only one round chambered over four. And slow its switch/draw time. So you need to actually get the headshot with the weapon, or be punished/not get the kill. So you A.) can't just double tap someone in the chest, and B.) can't just tap someone to nuke their shields and switch to your utility immediately to "noob combo" them.

On that point too, it'd be cool if after every kill you got, your utility auto-filled its magazine. Would definitely open up the ability to have good comebacks in the middle of a multi person gunfight, or even just the ability to move quicker after a fight without being gimped by a stupid-ass mechanic, over your actual skill. Halo 5's close to instant reload is good, but can still nuke you.

It would be easier to converse with you if you could articulate your opinions instead of using vague descriptors like cheesy or stupid.

What effects would removing power weapons’ ability to quickly kill multiple enemies have on gameplay?

Would you prefer a battery powered utility weapon?

• Salt (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

It would be easier to converse with you if you could articulate your opinions instead of using vague descriptors like cheesy or stupid.

What effects would removing power weapons’ ability to quickly kill multiple enemies have on gameplay?

Would you prefer a battery powered utility weapon?

I did articulate it. I spoke on how glancing blows with rockets alone as they are can simply kill you. Let alone two, as we have. Let alone fucken' four. Why do we need to buff the one power weapon that doesn't require any actual depthful aim skill, and will one shot you.

To the second point, you're not neutering that ability to kill quickly, you can still get a quick kill. But you're just removing the ability to double tap with a sniper (Never a hard thing to do, lmao), and pushing for proper aiming to the head. People already play super passive with a sniper, so being able to punish for the fact there's a OSKO weapon in their hands by neutering the ammo would do wonders in actually being able to push an angle someone peeks, and not just letting a sniper be free long range kills or shield melts on multiple people. Because you know you can go for the descope and advance, while the sniper only gets one high pressure shot to pull.

And battery powered? No. Again, either auto-fill, or no reloading in general would be fine. 

@Hard Way why haven't they ever tried JIP for social games? I understand nobody wants to join a 2-0 CTF or 35-10 Slayer game so maybe you can adjust it to where there's no JIP for games that are considered halfway over (whether that's score or time).

I think this would make games more enjoyable where it turned into a 3v4 early on. It could also give them an opportunity to give a kick timer for AFKs since they could be replaced now. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you remove the Sniper Rifle’s ability to quickly fire two bodyshots, you also remove its ability to quickly fire two headshots.  You can’t remove the ability to double bodyshot without also removing the weapon’s potential for multi kills.  Or is this weapon auto filling its clip on kills too?

Just now, Boyo said:

If you remove the Sniper Rifle’s ability to quickly fire two bodyshots, you also remove its ability to quickly fire two headshots.  You can’t remove the ability to double bodyshot without also removing the weapon’s potential for multi kills.  Or is this weapon auto filling its clip on kills too?

Okay, but here's the thing, why should you have the multikill potential coming from something that has historically never been difficult to use and can one tap a user. And no, power weapons should absolutely not auto-refill if it came in. These things are capable of one tapping, they should have tangible drawbacks over being more equivalent to, or better than your utility.

One purpose of on map pick ups is to generate player movement and cause engagements.  Pick ups need to be desirable enough that players sacrifice position to acquire them.  A weapon that can only quickly kill one enemy is not desirable enough to risk position over and will not generate player movement.

35 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Now you go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree with changing Sniper, I'd rather it be harder to use than limit the ability for number of kills before reloading. 

Worst case is make it a 2 shot clip. 1 would be gross and not as desirable to fight over. 

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

One purpose of on map pick ups is to generate player movement and cause engagements.  Pick ups need to be desirable enough that players sacrifice position to acquire them.  A weapon that can only quickly kill one enemy is not desirable enough to risk position over and will not generate player movement.

Now you go.

The only time that purpose makes sense is in Slayer, the worst competitive gametype and one that should be gone from the rotation, too. In an actual objective game, you have the objective and map positioning keeping you moving.

Already answered the second in the context of what I said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Why in the world would you consider this a good thing?

Because my precision weapon still is stronger, I can still dominate the auto kids. They just aren’t completely powerless now. I don’t just think about myself thank you. Not everyone should have to “git gud” 

• Thonking (+0) 6

10 hours ago, Silos said:

When you say weapon sandbox, are you specifically thinking the balance between autos and precision weapons or are you thinking everything?

Between the easy snipers, boltshot, SAW, ability to start with a plasma pistol, binary rifle in general, I have plenty of issues with the Halo 4 sandbox. I barely remember autos in the game though. If the precision rifles were harder to use in Halo 4, do you think the autos would become overpowered?

Just precision and autos. How hard are we talking about here? Are you speaking aim assist nerf or something else. If they were Aim assisted nerfed then I’d say no because h4 still has great aim mechanics which I guarantee you a good player would be able to handle. But if you’re thinking projectile, plus weapon sway then I’d say no. 

Power weapons showcase different areas of the map.  Battles occur in specific locations at specific times.  This gives the game structure.  Preparing for battle, battle at location X, ramifications of battle.  Preparing for a battle, battle at location Y, ramifications of battle.  Objectives offer objectively less structure.

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Objectives offer objectively less structure.

How in any world do you figure a focal point, ever present flag offers less structure than a power weapon when the gametype is centered around it, and no gametype is inherently tied to or centered around power weapons.

An objective gametype with map pick ups (in addition to the objective) is more structured, and more dynamic, than an objective gametype without map pick ups.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

How in any world do you figure a focal point, ever present flag offers less structure than a power weapon when the gametype is centered around it, and no gametype is inherently tied to or centered around power weapons.

It’s funny how the map without the power weapons, just happens to be thee smallest map ever. 

32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Railgun.

I was talking specifically the Sniper. Rail gun doesn't need a headshot for a kill. 

16 minutes ago, Boyo said:

An objective gametype with map pick ups (in addition to the objective) is more structured, and more dynamic, than an objective gametype without map pick ups.

You think a game-type that literally forces players to throw themselves at a bunch of overpowered items is more dynamic than a gametype where their positioning is NOT dictated by a bunch of timers all but forcing them to certain areas of the map at certain times? More structured? Arguably. More dynamic? No. Where Halo players got the idea that no one would move without some nuke to pick up on the map, I will never know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A gametype with more than one weapon is more dynamic than a gametype with one weapon.

9 minutes ago, arglactable said:

You think a game-type that literally forces players to throw themselves at a bunch of overpowered items is more dynamic than a gametype where their positioning is NOT dictated by a bunch of timers all but forcing them to certain areas of the map at certain times? More structured? Arguably. More dynamic? No. Where Halo players got the idea that no one would move without some nuke to pick up on the map, I will never know.

Quick question? Is this something you talked about before?