CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Must be why you miss so much with the CE magnum.

He does make a point. It be a lot easier to account for bullet sway with a mouse and keyboard.

3 minutes ago, arglactable said:

Even if my aim weren't better than yours (it is), that would not be the case, because bullet sway is an absurdly insignificant factor to the point that it may as well be random. Which was literally my point.

That was my first half-ass attempt at trolling you guys in return.

I give you half credit.

EDIT: If people can memorize spray patterns in CS then they can learn bullet sway.  It is markedly easier.

you Know what baffles me to this day. The fact that aiming in h5 Warzone feels so good, heck’s there’s even a weapon mod called enhanced reflexes which overall improves the aim(although not needed). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm just not particularly observant, but I've never noticed any "bullet sway" in CE.

I'm willing to believe that this mechanic exists, but seeing as I haven't noticed it before, I'm also willing to believe that it's not all that consequential.

If it's consistent, then I guess it's fine for competitive play, it would be evenly applied after all. However, I don't see the point in discussing it, because it's inclusion is wholly unnecessary to create a good Halo game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

1: Someone "strafing"  out of your incoming bullets isn't possible, even for a bot, with Halo speed projectiles.

2: Explain to me why you're okay with some projectiles in rockets and grenades but not the utility weapon

3: Even if it were possible, that's not a bad thing. You're welcome to put your reticle on a player (or ahead of the player with projectile) but why should that guarantee damage? 

1.) Okay, so, across the map on HeH. If someone walks across the map from me in a straight line, and I lead them perfectly accurately, for a guaranteed shot, and right on that frame, I fire, and they move backwards on that same frame, will that miss.

1.1) If that's a no, and the projectile is apparently quick enough to where it is impossible to dodge at ANY frame, even if you move, would that not mean the biggest difference between CE and a hitscan Halo would be where your reticle is placed, and the leading itself is borderline inconsequential. To the point where it may as well be hitscan. 

2.) Blast radius weapons. We've dealt with this. 

3.) You realize the question being asked is essentially "why should you be rewarded for being on target?" How the actual fuck is that a question in a first person shooter.

Give everyone the soldier 76 ult from overwatch. Get rid of randomness, emphasize teamshot, emphasize positioning, it's perfect

• Upvote (+1) 1

What changes to MM settings should I ask them to make? I've been trying pretty hard to get sequential hill rotations instead of random ones in H3, H4 and H2A (it's not an option in H1 and H2).  So far they've listened to quite a few of my requests and recommendations. Anybody have anything they want changed? Maybe turning on the teleporters in Warlord CTF? I'd love to see that too.

I actually got outnumbered in the Reclaimers discord in a debate about removing bubble shield from the map in Oddball and KotH. Somehow, even after all these years, some people still think it should be there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Nice ghost.

?
I don't follow.

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

?
I don't follow.

Oh, actually never mind. It was deleted for some god forsaken reason. Not your fault, sorry.

OK, everyone. Back to pure, insufferable passive aggression or else the moderation team will no doubt be FORCED to delete a bunch of random posts and hand out a ban to someone they disagree with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Cool, glad my level headed 50/50 post in favour of both the CE/H5 magnum was nuked. 

• Like (+1) 1

So anyways, about those MM changes? Maybe we have something different to talk about and actually agree on something for once. Might be a nice change of pace from constantly being adversarial all the God damn time.

Just now, Hard Way said:

So anyways, about those MM changes? Maybe we have something different to talk about and actually agree on something for once. Might be a nice change of pace from constantly being adversarial all the God damn time.

What changes? 

39 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

1.) Okay, so, across the map on HeH. If someone walks across the map from me in a straight line, and I lead them perfectly accurately, for a guaranteed shot, and right on that frame, I fire, and they move backwards on that same frame, will that miss.

1.1) If that's a no, and the projectile is apparently quick enough to where it is impossible to dodge at ANY frame, even if you move, would that not mean the biggest difference between CE and a hitscan Halo would be where your reticle is placed, and the leading itself is borderline inconsequential. To the point where it may as well be hitscan. 

2.) Blast radius weapons. We've dealt with this. 

3.) You realize the question being asked is essentially "why should you be rewarded for being on target?" How the actual fuck is that a question in a first person shooter.

1. Literally across Hang Em? I don't know, that's probably skirting the edge of liklihood but that's not them avoiding it. Not intentionally. Show me a clip of you seeing a bullet coming at you and dodging it. Even if you knew the moment they'd pull the trigger the strafe acceleration and speed wouldn't let you do it on LAN.

2: What does that have to do with the argument of randomness and projectile weapons. Are rockets and grenades random. Or are you recognizing the double standard.

3: Because the epitome of skill is not just doing something on your end, it's reacting to the enemy. If you can't possibly react to anything coming your way you're capping the skill ceiling, it means your survivability is not in your hands. It's the same principle that makes Mortal Kombat's lack of combo breaking stupid.  It shouldn't matter that you know how to execute a button combo, you should be able to break out of it with a skill of your own. 

This is the last post I'm making about this I'm tired.

Just now, Arlong said:

What changes? 

I'm trying to spark a discussion about what changes I can ask for to settings in MM across MCC. They've been extremely receptive to well reasoned arguments in the Reclaimers discord these last few months, and have made a lot of great changes, particularly to CE but to every game as well. I have good reason to think they'll make more if we ask for them. I was looking for ideas, and a change of pace around here. Maybe get everyone on the same side for once.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I'm trying to spark a discussion about what changes I can ask for to settings in MM across MCC. They've been extremely receptive to well reasoned arguments in the Reclaimers discord these last few months, and have made a lot of great changes, particularly to CE but to every game as well. I have good reason to think they'll make more if we ask for them. I was looking for ideas, and a change of pace around here. Maybe get everyone on the same side for once.

You’re the guy who told them 100 kill games but the community hated that. I felt like 75 kills was the perfect combination. What makes you think the community will like your suggestions this time? 

Dude I read 5 pages of people going back & forth over what’s better ce or h5 pistol. I’ve had reddit discussions better than that. 

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

Keep up the unbiased modding, Spartan! I can't imagine these forums being this clean and uniform without your guiding presence.

1 hour ago, arglactable said:

OK, everyone. Back to pure, insufferable passive aggression or else the moderation team will no doubt be FORCED to delete a bunch of random posts and hand out a ban to someone they disagree with.

After reviewing cause and effect from the last 15 pages I could see it went downhill after a few of his posts. No-one else broke forum rules and it's only a temp ban have no fear.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3

Fuck's sake you've awoken the shitposter deep inside of every Aussie. 

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

After reviewing cause and effect from the last 15 pages I could see it went downhill after a few of his posts. No-one else broke forum rules and it's only a temp ban have no fear.

You're a mod, again?

20 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You’re the guy who told them 100 kill games but the community hated that. I felt like 75 kills was the perfect combination. What makes you think the community will like your suggestions this time? 

Because, and this might blow your mind so prepare yourself, that's not the only thing I asked for that's already been implemented.

1 minute ago, Hard Way said:

Because, and this might blow your mind so prepare yourself, that's not the only thing I asked for that's already been implemented.

What else was implemented. I only knew of the 100 kills

17 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You're a mod, again?

Give me some slack, I have to read everything upside down.

12 minutes ago, Arlong said:

What else was implemented. I only knew of the 100 kills

Pretty much every aspect of H1 4v4 is my suggestions. Every map/mode combo, score limits, weapon sets, no radar, you name it. That was like my own little personal project.

CE BTB not having touch return or flag at home to score. The reduction in vehicle count. No radar. Static Hill on Blood Gulch. Slayer getting removed on Death Island and Danger Canyon.

The maps, weighting, and settings in CE FFA.

The reverse tag game mode in Action Sack where "It" does extra damage.

The upcoming CE 8v8 Action Sack playlist that will just be regular 8v8 on non-vehicle maps.

I weigh in on other games too, but I've had a lot more influence in CE.

• Like (+1) 5