CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”

Which death in cod 4 got you this quote?

• Like (+1) 2

Btw, if it turns out that the magnetism is all determined by single pixel level precision, I'm gonna go ahead and file that under the "too hard to be practically consistent anyway" tab. We're talking about a game played with controllers here. There is such a thing as too difficult.

54 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Guilty :D Haha I've never seen that before but that's honestly a perfect video of Halo science experiments.

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That's cute and all, but I'm not letting go of the fact you still hardcore strawmanned me, Spartan. I love debating, even if we disagree, but don't insult my intelligence. I'm not stupid.

1 hour ago, Silos said:

I just ran more tests. My guess is that it's more of a bullet magnetism issue than it is a spread issue. Within red reticule range you get enough bullet magnetism to guarantee a hit assuming your reticule is perfectly on the opponent (sniper zoomed 10x and trained on your opponent). If your reticule is off even a little bit (red reticule does not mean you're on your opponent), or you're outside red reticule range, the bullet magnetism is no longer guaranteed. If my theory is correct, in IcePrincess' video her reticule wasn't placed perfectly so it's not a guaranteed hit, really she was getting hits she shouldn't have gotten, not missing shots she should have hit. Kind of like Halo 5 when you take a sweep shot and the bullet magnetism makes the shot connect anyway, it doesn't happen every time but occasionally you get rewarded with a bullet that shouldn't land.

In my video, I made sure I was trained right on them, and I didn't miss a bullet. I just ran a new test to fifty kills, from a slightly further distance than IcePrincess' closest kill where she missed and I didn't miss a single bullet. I also tried some kills from just inside red reticule range and didn't miss a bullet, and some from just outside of red reiticule range and missed the occasional bullet. I'm going to try zoomed in with red reticule range next and see what happens.

So, in a game on analogue sticks, with aim assist, lead, sway, and spread, not accounting for player movement currently, it's also possible that being a pixel off will make bullet magnetism in red reticle a literal cointoss to where 3 bullets in a row can hit, and 3 others can miss. Seems pretty inconsistent outside of a literal test vacuum.

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

That's cute and all, but I'm not letting go of the fact you still hardcore strawmanned me, Spartan. I love debating, even if we disagree, but don't insult my intelligence. I'm not stupid.

I didn't straw man you. You think the reason that a 4x TSK is impossible is because of the spread, which fits right in line with your argument that the CE pistol is more random than it is difficult. 

It's not, and you're wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I didn't straw man you. You think the reason that a 4x TSK is impossible is because of the spread, which fits right in line with your argument that the CE pistol is more random than it is difficult. 

It's not, and you're wrong. 

Okay. What. You're doing it again.

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Could you look me in the digital eye and tell/show me, with a straight face, a single time this has ever happened outside of being the wet dream of a Halo fan? Potential means shit all to me when in practice this never fucking happens because of a ton of also potential but practically relevant inconsistent factors.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

This more so shows that listing an extreme as a total plus for the pistol in comparison to another weapon doesn't make the CE pistol ACTUALLY better. It's all potential shit. Anyone can say "this can happen, but it's really hard, though!". But it means nothing compared to how the game is actually played and what occurs in practice. The potential is there, but you and I both know it won't be happening because of every single factor that needs to be in a player's favor, with tons of it being out of the player's control, as we can show and prove, tangibly. And as we have. It's like spawning in the prison room for H2's LASO run, or running Mile High club on Veteran in Modern Warfare. You CAN do it, and it IS possible, albeit more tangibly than this example, but so much of it comes down to pure luck and circumstance at some points. To where it's hard for all the wrong reasons, and from my perspective, is not even a matter of difficulty. But blind luck.

Where did I say that. Outline it to me. Prove me wrong. Right now. Where did I make that claim.

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Okay. What. You're doing it again.

Where did I say that. Outline it to me. Prove me wrong. Right now. Where did I make that claim.

To where it's hard for all the wrong reasons, and from my perspective, is not even a matter of difficulty. But blind luck.

Words mean things. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The list of issues around the Halo 5's magnum are as follows:

1. Inconsistent aim assist feel due to 343's variable Aim assistance. Precision weapons have a strong "sweet spot" range, and weaker close "ice skating" range designed to influence close range flights in favor of autos, which have a more traditional aim assist feel.

2. Thrusters that guarantee throwing off anyones aim every 3 seconds. But is the only way to escape the "sweet spot" range outside of nearby cover. Otherwise, the magnum gets a free perfect medal, which I personally find unacceptable in a utility weapon.

3. Inconsistent aim feel on a game to game instance basis, or Heavy aims current format post patch. Heavy aim has not left Halo 5, it just doesn't fluctuate mid match anymore, which in turn makes it impossible to gain proper aim feel over time. Not even professional players can claim mastery over Halo 5's aim and, in turn H5's magnum as long as it exists.

4. Questionable approach towards Halo's Two turn aim system without a delayed acceleration safety net. Previous Halo's gauged player intentions on whether they are attempting to turn at full tilt by waiting a set amount of time (ex. Halo 3), or a set amount of degrees traveled (Reach). H5 makes no such distinction and instantly accelerates. This contributes to H5's overall "whiplashy" feel, especially during magnum duels, on top of any bull occurring due to #1.

5. Overall low range that makes long range shooting a crapshoot in combination of any nonsense that #3 brings.

6. Slow optimal ttk that's to close to the average. Leading to teamshot meta, high escapability, and less chance of coming away from a fight without taking damage.

Also, there's a difference between a weapon that is consistent because it shoots straight, vs a weapon that effectively aims for you. I hope that some of you learn that difference. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You implying that a high skill ceiling is "inconsistency" is getting toward the silliest things you've ever said. 

I'm not implying that. I'm implying the weapon itself doesn't have as high a ceiling as people think it does, because of inconsistency. Not that the ceiling itself "is" inconsistency, although the phrase is confusing, lol. To me, the ceiling is more like the side of a doorway, if not a floorboard, depending on your field of view.

If there’s one thing I’d like changed about ce or give us the option, is to customize the reticule. It be easier to know where my bullets go during the weapon sway and leading processes. I like CES skillful utility, it’s just the big reticule is confusing to me. I’d like a reticule more similar to the size of halo reach’s DMR. I hope that’s not a bad thing to want this. 

Indisputable fact:

The Halo 2 BR was the most exciting to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

It took fourteen years before we got a perfectly accurate precision weapon in Halo, excluding mods and NHE. Consistency is a virtue in shooters that hasn't been fully developed and focused on, Counter Strike and Quake being the exceptions. Every single other shooter in history has some form of random spread, recoil, bloom, or a mixture of two or three with their optimal weapons. How ironic that 343 is the developer who broke the cycle and decided not to do that with their main gun. But even so, I think it's time for upcoming shooters to follow the trend of consistent weaponry.

24 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Indisputable fact:

The Halo 2 BR was the most exciting to watch.

Actual facts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

It took fourteen years before we got a perfectly accurate precision weapon in Halo, excluding mods and NHE. Consistency is a virtue in shooters that hasn't been fully developed and focused on, Counter Strike and Quake being the exceptions. Every single other shooter in history has some form of random spread, recoil, bloom, or a mixture of two or three with their optimal weapons. How ironic that 343 is the developer who broke the cycle and decided not to do that with their main gun. But even so, I think it's time for upcoming shooters to follow the trend of consistent weaponry.

Wasn’t the Halo 2 BR perfectly accurate post patch or am I misremembering?

Just now, Boyo said:

Wasn’t the Halo 2 BR perfectly accurate post patch or am I misremembering?

No, it's not. There is still a considerable spread once you go past ranges beyond Red 2 to Blue 2 on Midship.

32 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Counterstrike's "fixed" spray patterns have always had randomness to them.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

No, it's not. There is still a considerable spread once you go past ranges beyond Red 2 to Blue 2 on Midship.

Can you post a video of this? I've 4 shot people at max BR range in Halo 2 when testing out for the clip to see if it was hitscan.

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

My original statement was very simple; the CE pistol is a better utility weapon than the H5 magnum despite its spread. If no one in here disagrees with that notion, then what are we arguing about? 

Pretty obvious I disagree with you given I'm arguing the polar opposite with you. Just because I said spread wasn't the magnum opus to my point doesn't mean it isn't an issue. The CE magnum is worse than the H5 magnum because of its spread, among other factors that have been listed, and shown off.

13 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The CE magnum is worse than the H5 magnum because of its spread, among other factors that have been listed, and shown off.

2019 on Team Beyond. Sad reality.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Why don't we just combine them

What would that weapon look like?

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What would that weapon look like?

CE magnum with no spread. So, the NHE one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1