CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yes I said you miss more because the gun is random. I didn't say it was the ONLY reason. Like dude stop and think for 5 seconds. I don't want to be rude but it's right there. 

No, you didn’t say ONLY but the tone of your post implied that it was a major contributing factor and was the reason that miss with it so much in comparison to other utility weapons and that is simply not the case.

Also, if Kelly’s video was taken in MCC it’s irrelevant to any argument I’ve made since I am only defending the OG version of the game and not MCC.

Just now, LI Mr X IL said:

Also, if Kelly’s video was taken in MCC it’s irrelevant to any argument I’ve made since I am only defending the OG version of the game and not MCC.

Nope, it's OG, famalam. 

What's the point of this argument? 

The OG CE pistol is a better utility weapon than the H5 magnum even with the negligible spread. This is not debatable. 

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

The OG CE pistol is a better utility weapon than the H5 magnum even with the negligible spread. This is not debatable. 

On the note of consistency alone the Halo 5 magnum kicks the CE magnum's ass. Not debatable.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

On the note of consistency alone the Halo 5 magnum kicks the CE magnum's ass. Not debatable.

The sentinel beam fires in a straight line in Halo 2. Tell me how many times you abandoned a BR for it. 

• Fire (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, 20 years of advancement of netcode and ludicrous bullet magnetism will do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The sentinel beam fires in a straight line in Halo 2. Tell me how many times you abandoned a BR for it. 

Whoosh.

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

I mean, 20 years of advancement of netcode and ludicrous bullet magnetism will do that.

Did you even see the video? Because that latter half plays no part in it, lmao. CE wasn't also designed with online play in mind. And it's still inconsistent as shit.

• Salt (-1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Nope, it's OG, famalam. 

So you and Silos got conflicting results. Did you zoom in with a sniper first like silos to ensure 100% accurate shot placement? I didn’t see it in the video and it may be a contributing factor ( the large reticle doesn’t help and is also a flaw of the magnum).

Whoosh.

Did you even see the video? Because that latter half plays no part in it, lmao. CE wasn't also designed with online play in mind. And it's still inconsistent as shit.

Oh, well if you're speaking strictly in terms of shooting straight, sure.  Who here has denied the CE Pistol has spread? And furthermore, is there anyone who doesn't think it should be removed?

If not, then what's this conversation about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So the H5 magnum is 100% accurate but is weak and has a low skill gap. The CE magnum isn’t 100% accurate but is powerful and has a large skill gap. Personally I’ll take a hit on consistency for the ability to kill two people in the time it would take me to kill one with the H5 magnum.

1 minute ago, LI Mr X IL said:

So you and Silos got conflicting results. Did you zoom in with a sniper first like silos to ensure 100% accurate shot placement? I didn’t see it in the video and it may be a contributing factor ( the large reticle doesn’t help and is also a flaw of the magnum).

That's the point. It's not consistent and we got different results. The second clip literally showed me whiff three shots, and then the second three shots magically three'd my guest in red reticle, no reticle movement. Testing in a vacuum doesn't suddenly stop the fact my reticle was on target, in red reticle range, and I randomly missed and then hit my shots, which was the entire point. You can be on target against someone who isn't moving and actually miss, and this doesn't account for shit like movement, leading, and bullet sway in an ACTUAL game outside of a vacuum.

1 minute ago, LI Mr X IL said:

So the H5 magnum is 100% accurate but is weak and has a low skill gap. The CE magnum isn’t 100% accurate but is powerful and has a large skill gap. Personally I’ll take a hit on consistency for the ability to kill two people in the time it would take me to kill one with the H5 magnum.

Not 100% accurate regardless of user input, but has a skillgap larger than that of the fully consistent magnum. Wasn't even part of my argument, but that's sketchy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, xxcloud7xx said:

Halo 1's pistol empowers competent players to potentially be able to kill four of their opponents in a quick succession with only one clip because it's minimum TTK is 0.6 seconds and it has 12 bullets in it's clip.

Could you look me in the digital eye and tell/show me, with a straight face, a single time this has ever happened outside of being the wet dream of a Halo fan? Potential means shit all to me when in practice this never fucking happens because of a ton of also potential but practically relevant inconsistent factors.

3 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Could you look me in the digital eye and tell/show me, with a straight face, a single time this has ever happened outside of being the wet dream of a Halo fan? Potential means shit all to me when in practice this never fucking happens because of a ton of also potential but practically relevant inconsistent factors.

...That's the point. 

It's really hard. 

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

...That's the point. 

It's really random

FTFY  :simms:

...That's the point. 

It's really hard. 

This more so shows that listing an extreme as a total plus for the pistol in comparison to another weapon doesn't make the CE pistol ACTUALLY better. It's all potential shit. Anyone can say "this can happen, but it's really hard, though!". But it means nothing compared to how the game is actually played and what occurs in practice. The potential is there, but you and I both know it won't be happening because of every single factor that needs to be in a player's favor, with tons of it being out of the player's control, as we can show and prove, tangibly. And as we have. It's like spawning in the prison room for H2's LASO run, or running Mile High club on Veteran in Modern Warfare. You CAN do it, and it IS possible, albeit more tangibly than this example, but so much of it comes down to pure luck and circumstance at some points. To where it's hard for all the wrong reasons, and from my perspective, is not even a matter of difficulty. But blind luck.

If you think the CE pistol operates primarily on "blind luck", then this conversation is pointless. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If you think the CE pistol operates primarily on "blind luck", then this conversation is pointless. 

Strawman of the year. Re-read my post, and what you responded to.

“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

And your argument isn't a straw man? The fact that a perfect 4x TSK almost never occurs in the wild is owed to the CE pistol's lack of close-to-midrange aim assist, not its spread. It doesn't happen because the skill ceiling of the weapon is absurdly high. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

I just ran more tests. My guess is that it's more of a bullet magnetism issue than it is a spread issue. Within red reticule range you get enough bullet magnetism to guarantee a hit assuming your reticule is perfectly on the opponent (sniper zoomed 10x and trained on your opponent). If your reticule is off even a little bit (red reticule does not mean you're on your opponent), or you're outside red reticule range, the bullet magnetism is no longer guaranteed. If my theory is correct, in IcePrincess' video her reticule wasn't placed perfectly so it's not a guaranteed hit, really she was getting hits she shouldn't have gotten, not missing shots she should have hit. Kind of like Halo 5 when you take a sweep shot and the bullet magnetism makes the shot connect anyway, it doesn't happen every time but occasionally you get rewarded with a bullet that shouldn't land.

In my video, I made sure I was trained right on them, and I didn't miss a bullet. I just ran a new test to fifty kills, from a slightly further distance than IcePrincess' closest kill where she missed and I didn't miss a single bullet. I also tried some kills from just inside red reticule range and didn't miss a bullet, and some from just outside of red reiticule range and missed the occasional bullet. I'm going to try zoomed in with red reticule range next and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

And your argument isn't a straw man? 

A straw man is when you argue a point someone never made. I didn't argue a point that was never made, I spoke on why the point said to me would borderline rarely if at all ever happen. I NEVER once said the pistol operates on blind luck in general. At all. I said the specific circumstance used to put it on a pedestal (3 shotting an entire team of 4 with one clip) would not happen because of a bunch of underlying, uncontrollable factors that literally make said situation boil down to blind luck If it ever happened. I said this, specifically. So, no, it's the farthest thing from a strawman. It's literally a clear response.

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

A straw man is when you argue a point someone never made. I didn't argue a point that was never made, I spoke on why the point said to me would borderline rarely if at all ever happen. I NEVER once said the pistol operates on blind luck in general. At all. I said the specific circumstance used to put it on a pedestal (3 shotting an entire team of 4 with one clip) would not happen because of a bunch of underlying, uncontrollable factors that literally make said situation boil down to blind luck If it ever happened. I said this, specifically. So, no, it's the farthest thing from a strawman. It's literally a clear response.

11 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The fact that a perfect 4x TSK almost never occurs in the wild is owed to the CE pistol's lack of close-to-midrange aim assist, not its spread. It doesn't happen because the skill ceiling of the weapon is absurdly high.