CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Okay lets clear something up.

Spread = Where the bullets land.

Projectile = How the bullets get there.

Randomness is not a projectile issue, it's a spread issue. You can have projectile weapons with random spread and you could have hitscan weapons with random spread. Both of these combinations suck dick. The common denominator is spread, not the fact that they are projectile.

Bullet Spread is the issue, not projectile vs. Hitscan.

if you fire a projectile burst of a BR that doesn't have spread, and you hit 2/3 shots because they strafed, that's not random, that's the point of strafing. Hell, this shit wouldn't be a problem if you take the DMR, give it 0 spread, and make it projectile. 

• Like (+1) 2

So the OG CE pistol is literally more random than the H3 BR lmfao

Guess the Halo One Pistol wasn't that far off after all

• Thonking (+0) 1

I no longer believe @Arlong is @Fixarmingsorry because he has plus rep.

19 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Here's a few things I got, lol. Excuse the awesomely shitty quality, for I do not own a capture card.

Hello, world.

Thanks Spartan! I left some worthwhile feedback that I think will improve your combat tactics. See you in battle! 

18 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Thanks Spartan! I left some worthwhile feedback that I think will improve your combat tactics. See you in battle! 

LMAO. I saw. 

56 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

So the OG CE pistol is literally more random than the H3 BR lmfao

Guess the Halo One Pistol wasn't that far off after all

Has there been a single weapon in halo history that had no form of randomness? 

Just now, Arlong said:

Has there been a single weapon in halo history that had no form of randomness? 

Halo 5 magnum.

Alright my computer said it would take an hour to splice the videos together, so I just uploaded them separately. I have the videos in the first spoiler, some stats in the second spoiler, and a conclusion in the third spoiler.

Spoiler

OG 

MCC 

NHE 

Spoiler

OG 5/5 close range. 2/5 long range (4 shots, 4 shots, 5 shots). Total shots lost to spread = 4

MCC 5/5 close range. 2/5 long range (5 shots, 7 shots, 6 shots). Total shots lost to spread = 9

NHE 5/5 close range. 5/5 long range. Total shots lost to spread = 0

Spoiler

It looks like Mr X is correct. At close range, the pistol seems to be 100% accurate. You definitely expect it in NHE since the spread was removed, but MCC and OG both having perfect accuracy at close range I feel confirms it. I did some additional testing that wasn't recorded while waiting for the video to upload, it seems that within red reticule range shots were 100% accurate but I definitely didn't do extensive tests. As for MCC to OG, with how few kills we saw even with the additional testing I did I'm not 100% convinced that there's more spread on MCC than OG, it definitely appears that way based on what I saw but I don't think I got enough kills or recorded the stats of enough kills to say for sure. I didn't include clips of shooting at a wall, but previous testing showed it to be roughly the same.

As of right now my thoughts are this. All of the pistols are 100% accurate at close range, I think dropped shots on MCC are due to networking issues. In terms of MCC and original, it appears that there may be more spread on MCC but I don't feel I've done enough tests to say it's conclusive. NHE is definitely still the best way to play the game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Halo 5 magnum.

I game I dislike. It doesn’t feel smooth at all. I have the OG Xbox one so maybe this is why? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Silos said:

Alright my computer said it would take an hour to splice the videos together, so I just uploaded them separately. I have the videos in the first spoiler, some stats in the second spoiler, and a conclusion in the third spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

OG 

MCC 

NHE 

Reveal hidden contents

OG 5/5 close range. 2/5 long range (4 shots, 4 shots, 5 shots). Total shots lost to spread = 4

MCC 5/5 close range. 2/5 long range (5 shots, 7 shots, 6 shots). Total shots lost to spread = 9

NHE 5/5 close range. 5/5 long range. Total shots lost to spread = 0

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like Mr X is correct. At close range, the pistol seems to be 100% accurate. You definitely expect it in NHE since the spread was removed, but MCC and OG both having perfect accuracy at close range I feel confirms it. I did some additional testing that wasn't recorded while waiting for the video to upload, it seems that within red reticule range shots were 100% accurate but I definitely didn't do extensive tests. As for MCC to OG, with how few kills we saw even with the additional testing I did I'm not 100% convinced that there's more spread on MCC than OG, it definitely appears that way based on what I saw but I don't think I got enough kills or recorded the stats of enough kills to say for sure. I didn't include clips of shooting at a wall, but previous testing showed it to be roughly the same.

As of right now my thoughts are this. All of the pistols are 100% accurate at close range, I think dropped shots on MCC are due to networking issues. In terms of MCC and original, it appears that there may be more spread on MCC but I don't feel I've done enough tests to say it's conclusive. NHE is definitely still the best way to play the game.

Doing the Lord’s work. As someone who has experience NHE (and anyone else who does feel free to chime in) how would you say the magnum feels in its difficulty of use. Does the lack of spread drop the average kill time? Do people miss less shots because of the added consistency or is it roughly the same?

• Like (+1) 3

Wow shock on OG the gun isnt consistent even when you use the snipe to place the reticle more perfectly than you would normally. So it's random. At range. Wow. EXACTLY what I said. Next. 

And this isn't even factoring in strafing or bullet sway or player movement. Lmao yea sick game man  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

I'm sorry, it was a debate at some point whether or not poor netcode was the reason MCC feels like shit? 

Also @Silos, I don't know what format you're capturing in but if it's H264 or H265, you can use Avidemux to splice the clips together and cut them on keyframes without having to reencode them, saving 99% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just got a 3v4 game lmao, some dude lagged out.

8 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Doing the Lord’s work. As someone who has experience NHE (and anyone else who does feel free to chime in) how would you say the magnum feels in its difficulty of use. Does the lack of spread drop the average kill time? Do people miss less shots because of the added consistency or is it roughly the same?

Your post inspired me, I was tired of the debate also.

Myself and the people I play with regularly are a bunch of bad kids, so I don't know if I'd be able to say for sure, it feels the same to me though. When we first switched I didn't tell anybody about the change to zero spread and nobody noticed. I can't remember who it was, I believe it was during a Virginia LAN or one of Meg's LANs, but one of the great players was against the change at first until he lanned it without anybody telling him and he didn't notice the difference apparently.

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm sorry, it was a debate at some point whether or not poor netcode was the reason MCC feels like shit? 

Also @Silos, I don't know what format you're capturing in but if it's H264 or H265, you can use Avidemux to splice the clips together and cut them on keyframes without having to reencode them, saving 99% of the time. 

That's way better than rendering the whole thing in Vegas like I was doing. Downloading it now and I'll definitely be using that in the future. Thanks for the advice!

• Like (+1) 2

Dude stop repping my shit and acknowledge you're wrong lmao. There is clearly spread that affects gunfights on STATIONARY targets. You can gloss over it all you want but it's literally in your own videos too. Which was the whole point of this discussion. You CE kids told me that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of your shots will hit. And it's not true. It's RANDOM. And you're just pretending it's not there lmao  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

19 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Dude stop repping my shit and acknowledge you're wrong lmao. There is clearly spread that affects gunfights on STATIONARY targets. You can gloss over it all you want but it's literally in your own videos too. Which was the whole point of this discussion. You CE kids told me that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of your shots will hit. And it's not true. It's RANDOM. And you're just pretending it's not there lmao  

Someone need to put you under the crucitus curse Kappa

9 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

This can happen in so many, if not every other Halo, though. Especially if you just play passive

However, my entire point on this wasn't just catching someone off guard while fighting another. It was on fully fighting multiple people. Which won't be happening in any Halo even CE, unless you have OS, which, shocker, is kinda cheesy, lol. Which circled back to my point that it's not you being more empowered in CE. It's just a matter of the speed and flow of the game. And that most of the things "taking" this ability away more so aren't your weapon's power, but things like thrust. Which enable escape and bait and switching.

If you can't acknowledge the fact that Halo 1's pistol empowers players to be more potentially lethal than other Halo utility weapons do then you're either ill-informed or you're being disingenuous. Halo 1's pistol empowers competent players to potentially be able to kill four of their opponents in a quick succession with only one clip because it's minimum TTK is 0.6 seconds and it has 12 bullets in it's clip. Halo 1's pistol empowers competent players to potentially be able to outshoot an opponent that has a full OS with only nine shots which isn't even a full clip which means you have enough ammo left afterwards to 3SK another opponent. The potential lethality of Halo 1's pistol can only be matched by team-shooting, button glitches/combos such as double/quad shooting in Halo 2 and double melee in Halo 1, noob combo, grenades, and power weapons.

Halo 5's magnum isn't lethal enough to empower competent players to potentially be able to kill four of their opponents in a quick succession with only one clip. Halo 5's magnum is only lethal enough to empower competent players to potentially kill two of their opponents with only one clip and it's minimum TTK is 1.2 seconds. Halo 5's magnum isn't lethal enough to empower players to potentially be able to outshoot an opponent that has a full OS and then have enough ammo left in their clip afterwards to 5SK another opponent. In order for competent players in Halo 5 to be able to kill multiple opponents in a timely manner they either have to team-shoot, use grenades, use the noob combo, or use other weapons besides their magnum such as rockets and snipe.

6 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea you miss more shots cuz the gun is random sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

56 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Wow shock on OG the gun isnt consistent even when you use the snipe to place the reticle more perfectly than you would normally. So it's random. At range. Wow. EXACTLY what I said. Next. 

And this isn't even factoring in strafing or bullet sway or player movement. Lmao yea sick game man  

Halo 1's pistol only has a 0.2 degrees spread which isn't as bad as Halo 3's BR spread nor is it as bad as Halo Reach's DMR bloom. Halo 1 NHE 1.0 removes the 0.2 degrees spread from Halo 1's pistol and also removes the spread from Halo 1's sniper when no scoping.

If you still consider Halo 1's pistol to be completely random even with the removal of the spread from the pistol then you're an ideologue that will never be pleased with Halo 1's pistol because you're bias against projectile weapons. The only time that Halo 1's pistol is random in Halo 1 NHE 1.0 is when you're fully holding down the trigger or you're experiencing the 180/turn glitch which isn't exclusive to Halo 1's pistol.

I'm not an ideologue that is bias against hitscan weapons. I don't dislike Halo 5's magnum because it's hitscan, I dislike Halo 5's magnum because it's not as lethal or as difficult as I would like it to be. If Halo 5's magnum had a faster minimum TTK(0.6-0.9 seconds) and was a little bit more difficult to use then I would have a more difficult time choosing between Halo 5's utility weapon which has no spread and Halo 1 NHE 1.0's utility weapon which also has no spread.

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

“People all the time say MCC CE and OG CE are not the same “ has someone done a LAN comparison to see if it’s true.

If the MCC version of Halo 1 was viable for LANning and played 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1 do you honestly think that the Halo 1 community would resort to LANning the original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE on archaic and dying hardware(original Xboxes and CRT TVs) instead of using MCC? As soon as it becomes viable to emulate the original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE most of the Halo 1 community will probably switch to using emulation for LANs. To answer your question yes people such as Vinny Mendoza and stunt_man have tested Halo 1 MCC on LAN and they have said that it doesn't play like the original Xbox version of Halo 1. 

Halo 1 on the MCC is plagued with a ton of bugs/issues because 343i decided to use the PC version of Halo 1 for Halo 1 on the MCC instead of the original Xbox version of Halo 1. Gearbox botched the PC version of Halo 1 and 343i botched the MCC version of Halo 1 by using the PC version of Halo 1. You want proof that the MCC version of Halo 1 is plagued with a ton of bugs/issues and isn't an accurate representation of how the original Xbox version of Halo 1 plays on LAN or online via XBC, XLAN, and XLink Kai? Here's the proof.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I generally try not to respond to you, I've learned my lesson after many interactions. But I figure I owe you this one.

Mr X said "I am also aware that there is random spread at the longest of ranges so in that regard it is random but that only effects gunfights at very long ranges". He acknowledges that at long ranges the gun isn't perfectly accurate. You respond to this post with the following "You can be 15 feet away and the bullets still miss. On someone STANDING STILL. LOL." I made videos showing ten kills at long range with bullets missing, which is what Mr X described. In those same videos there's videos of close range kills without a single bullet missing, which is the opposite of what you described.

Now you make a post saying that video shows "EXACTLY what [you] said". The video literally shows what Mr X was saying, and directly goes against what you said, I think you're mad that you're wrong and I reacted appropriately.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

No one is pretending it isn’t there. I said that there was spread. Never said there wasn’t. I also clearly stated that this effects engagements at long ranges but isn’t a factor in the majority of engagements. Silos’s videos confirmed exactly what I said. You are the one who said it would randomly miss at 15 ft which simply isn’t the case in OG. You are the one who said people only miss because it’s random which is bullshit. Remove 100% of the spread and the CE pistol STILL has a higher skill gap than the H5 magnum. You praise the H5 magnum for its consistency (which I do too and if they could make the MCC version of the CE magnum have zero spread I would totally want them to do it) but also ignore how easy it is to use or that it has TTK that is twice as long. So to be clear I am not in denial of anything. I have already admitted the CE magnum has spread and acknowledged it as a flaw that I would like to see fixed. You are the only one here glossing over anything.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Silos said:

I generally try not to respond to you, I've learned my lesson after many interactions. But I figure I owe you this one.

Mr X said "I am also aware that there is random spread at the longest of ranges so in that regard it is random but that only effects gunfights at very long ranges". He acknowledges that at long ranges the gun isn't perfectly accurate. You respond to this post with the following "You can be 15 feet away and the bullets still miss. On someone STANDING STILL. LOL." I made videos showing ten kills at long range with bullets missing, which is what Mr X described. In those same videos there's videos of close range kills without a single bullet missing, which is the opposite of what you described.

Now you make a post saying that video shows "EXACTLY what [you] said". The video literally shows what Mr X was saying, and directly goes against what you said, I think you're mad that you're wrong and I reacted appropriately.

Watch Kelly's video my man LMAO it literally shows the spread at close range. And your vid wasn't even showing long range that's medium at best. With perfe fly accurate reticle placement. Missing. Ignore it allllllllll you want but it's right in both your guys' videos. 

Also sick man glad you don't respond to me lmao. Never even talked to you before but hey ignore me it's cool. I simply said the pistol is random. And you can miss people standing still. I was told that wasn't true. I was told EVERY bullet would hit. EVERY BULLET. I was right. You guys were wrong. Stop trying to rationalize this and acknowledge the randomness. Again this isn't even accounting for leading or bullet sway. 

2 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

No one is pretending it isn’t there. I said that there was spread. Never said there wasn’t. I also clearly stated that this effects engagements at long ranges but isn’t a factor in the majority of engagements. Silos’s videos confirmed exactly what I said. You are the one who said it would randomly miss at 15 ft which simply isn’t the case in OG. You are the one who said people only miss because it’s random which is bullshit. Remove 100% of the spread and the CE pistol STILL has a higher skill gap than the H5 magnum. You praise the H5 magnum for its consistency (which I do too and if they could make the MCC version of the CE magnum have zero spread I would totally want them to do it) but also ignore how easy it is to use or that it has TTK that is twice as long. So to be clear I am not in denial of anything. I have already admitted the CE magnum has spread and acknowledged it as a flaw that I would like to see fixed. You are the only one here glossing over anything.

Not once did I say the only reason peope missed in CE was because of the spread. I said it's a factor. Which it clearly is. As we have seen. Even in close range you can hit or miss without moving your reticle. Kelly showed this. Stop making up arguments. Argue the actual points. The gun is more random than you guys want to admit. Especially compared to h5 where it's dead accurate ALL THE TIME ACTUALLY 100%. Jesus. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish 343 would do an update to halo 3 and remove the spread from its precision weapons. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Not once did I say the only reason peope missed in CE was because of the spread. I said it's a factor. Which it clearly is.

6 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea you miss more shots cuz the gun is random sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Yes I said you miss more because the gun is random. I didn't say it was the ONLY reason. Like dude stop and think for 5 seconds. I don't want to be rude but it's right there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1