CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just now, OG Nick said:

Being more empowered does make catching people off guard more powerful though. The stronger one person is the more likely they are to put together multikills and strings of kills. If everyone has that potential yes, empowerment doesn't matter, but if the average and perfect TTK are wide enough then you increase the effectiveness of catching people off guard because if you hit your shots, etc. the other players can't react. H5's longer kill times, coupled with how close the average and perfect TTK is makes catching 2 people off guard still a very difficult fight to win in a vacuum. Yes nades exist, and one of them could be weak etc, but in a situation where you caught two full shielded opponents not looking at you with full shield and all you could do is shoot them, CE magnum gives you the best chance.  

My point is still being missed, partially. This entire thing started from the idea of being empowered more [in CE] than any other game when you're outnumbered, something I inherently disagree with. The idea of pegging someone in the back is different than that of engaging two people head on simultaneously. I'm not talking about the former. Because the former can still apply to any other game in the series. The latter is still something you're never doing. Because while you're "powerful", so is everyone else, so you're still gonna be melted in any engagement where you're standing in the LoS of two players who're competent. Just as you will in other Halos.

31 minutes ago, Riddler said:

First time i played ce was 2012. I was basically an iceprincess 2.0 from 2007-2010. Then i saw the light during the dark era of halo. 

I don't play or like the same games as you, just leave it at that. Don't throw shade to my name, or state the solid implication I "haven't seen the light" because I don't follow in the footsteps you think are the right ones. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

22 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Look's like we might get a solid answer on what settings Reach will use in MP in the next community update.

If you don't mind me asking, where did he pull the questions from?

10 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

My point is still being missed, partially. This entire thing started from the idea of being empowered more [in CE] than any other game when you're outnumbered, something I inherently disagree with. The idea of pegging someone in the back is different than that of engaging two people head on simultaneously. I'm not talking about the former. Because the former can still apply to any other game in the series. The latter is still something you're never doing. Because while you're "powerful", so is everyone else, so you're still gonna be melted in any engagement where you're standing in the LoS of two players who're competent. Just as you will in other Halos.

I don't play or like the same games as you, just leave it at that. Don't throw shade to my name, or state the solid implication I "haven't seen the light" because I don't follow in the footsteps you think are the right ones. 

Ce has the most missed shots compared to hit shots which is important for winning 1v2s even then. Yes when all 3 are aware, ttk wont matter. all situations arent set up to be black and white. I posted a clip that is a different example of a 1v2 and that is vs competent players  

Iceprincess 2.0 is not a shot/flame. I feel like it quickly conveys a point.   The next assessment is true in regards to what i meant.  

4 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Ce has the most missed shots compared to hit shots which is important for winning 1v2s even then. Yes when all 3 are aware, ttk wont matter. all situations arent set up to be black and white. I posted a clip that is a different example of a 1v2 and that is vs competent players  

Iceprincess 2.0 is not a shot/flame. I feel like it quickly conveys a point.   The next assessment is true in regards to what i meant.  

Yea you miss more shots cuz the gun is random sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, Darkomantis said:

Twitter post, where he asked questions.

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

It quickly conveys a point at the cost of a pretty pretentious implication in the long term.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea you miss more shots cuz the gun is random sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

For thee last fucking time there is NOTHING random about projectile bullets. Just because you can’t telepathically predict which way your opponent will move doesn’t make the gun random. People miss shots with it because *gasp* it’s actually hard to hit shots with unlike the H5 magnum. The amount of perfect kills in that H5 would probably double with the removal of thrust. 

1 minute ago, LI Mr X IL said:

The amount of perfect kills in that H5 would probably double with the removal of thrust. 

How incredibly profound. Now just imagine how many perfect kills people could get with no movement at all. Really makes you think.

• Thonking (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

For thee last fucking time there is NOTHING random about projectile bullets. Just because you can’t telepathically predict which way your opponent will move doesn’t make the gun random. People miss shots with it because *gasp* it’s actually hard to hit shots with unlike the H5 magnum. The amount of perfect kills in that H5 would probably double with the removal of thrust. 

Okay so if I put my reticle in the same spot. On a non moving target. And some bullets hit. And some bullets miss. What do you call that? That's the definition of random.  

Also LOL yea if you remove part of the game it changes. Go figure. Remove clamber and slide and everything too. No shit it will change. But that's not even a true statement either. If there was no thrust people would position much differently. And play more reserved. They would use geometry more to force misses rather than all the movement options. Sick point though. 

I wasn't even talking about the randomness involved when you couple projectile with movement lmao. Relax. But hey that does add even more to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, My Namez BEAST said:

Okay so if I put my reticle in the same spot. On a non moving target. And some bullets hit. And some bullets miss. What do you call that? That's the definition of random.  

Also LOL yea if you remove part of the game it changes. Go figure. Remove clamber and slide and everything too. No shit it will change. But that's not even a true statement either. If there was no thrust people would position much differently. And play more reserved. They would use geometry more to force misses rather than all the movement options. Sick point though. 

In OG CE the bullet will hit every time. We are talking about OG CE and missing shots not MCC which, as has already been stated by pretty much everyone here, is not an accurate representation of how the gun works in OG. Yes, I am also aware that there is random spread at the longest of ranges so in that regard it is random but that only effects gunfights at very long ranges and is NOT the reason for missing shots in 99% of gun fights. People miss shots on prisoner or chill out as much as they do on any other maps and none of the engagements you get into on those maps happen at a range where the spread will have any effect. People don’t miss in CE because the gun is random. They miss because it is in fact much harder to hit shots with than the utility weapons in other Halos.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LI Mr X IL said:

In OG CE the bullet will hit every time. We are talking about OG CE and missing shots not MCC which, as has already been stated by pretty much everyone here, is not an accurate representation of how the gun works in OG. Yes, I am also aware that there is random spread at the longest of ranges so in that regard it is random but that only effects gunfights at very long ranges and is NOT the reason for missing shots in 99% of gun fights. People miss shots on prisoner or chill out as much as they do on any other maps and none of the engagements you get into on those maps happen at a range where the spread will have any effect. People don’t miss in CE because the gun is random. They miss because it is in fact much harder to hit shots with than the utility weapons in other Halos.

You can be 15 feet away and the bullets still miss. On someone STANDING STILL. LOL. Not random at all. And dude no people here have said that the pistol functions the same. Literally like 3 people said this last time. And said that lag was the o my determining factor on why MCC feels different. Yet I can shoot someone that's not moving and randomly miss. Hmmmmmmmmm

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People all the time say MCC CE and OG CE are not the same 

I know they aren't the same. But people here specifically said the pistol functions the same in terms of spread and mag. 

Also, turns out the OG has the same issue with shots randomly missing on people standing still. In red reticle. Not even counting white. Or strafing.  But nah dude it's not random at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy shit the CE topics create hostility here. Then again on Reddit everyone just mentions the op pistol.

2 hours ago, Darkomantis said:

My god if he says vanilla I’m fucking killing myself.

“People all the time say MCC CE and OG CE are not the same “ has someone done a LAN comparison to see if it’s true.

56 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

You can be 15 feet away and the bullets still miss. On someone STANDING STILL. LOL. Not random at all. And dude no people here have said that the pistol functions the same. Literally like 3 people said this last time. And said that lag was the o my determining factor on why MCC feels different. Yet I can shoot someone that's not moving and randomly miss. Hmmmmmmmmm

You will hit them every time at that range in OG if they are standing still. Lag is not the only determining factor. MCC pistol is a hot mess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

You will hit them every time at that range in OG if they are standing still. Lag is not the only determining factor. MCC pistol is a hot mess.

No you will not 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just came back to try out game again. Can't find any games in ranked due to, presumably, low population. In Social I find games and get disconnected during loading screen...Currently banned for it.

I have no connection issues in any other game. What a joke this company is.

How about someone test that shit and post it. Words only go so far with this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Working it out now. Original, NHE, and MCC tests in split screen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Literally already did, lmao. Shit still whiffs.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Literally already did, lmao. Shit still whiffs.

AND POST IT

1 hour ago, LI Mr X IL said:

I am also aware that there is random spread at the longest of ranges so in that regard it is random but that only effects gunfights at very long ranges and is NOT the reason for missing shots in 99% of gun fights.

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

You can be 15 feet away and the bullets still miss. On someone STANDING STILL.

Alrighty, these are the two posts I'm mostly paying attention to mainly because I feel like it's the basis of the argument. Mr X claims that bullets will miss at long range due to random spread, Beast is saying they'll miss at close range as well. I'm not going to do any nerdy setups. Simply split screen games of Hang 'em, five kills at close range, and five kills at long range. I will zoom in 10x with a sniper to make sure I'm on the head, switch to the pistol and shoot. I will shoot three bullets then pause and slowly shoot remaining bullets. I will do original, MCC, and for fun I'll throw NHE in there as well.

You only get full credit if you show your work. Half credit shall be dispensed in the event that it is absent.

This just in: CE players find out pistol is random after 18 years

• Fire (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

You only get full credit if you show your work. Half credit shall be dispensed in the event that it is absent.

Recorded OG, doing NHE now. :fire::fire::fire: