FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

28 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I’ve always struggled with this opinion of “lower ttk is more skillful” as of lately apex legends completely proves this wrong. Better accuracy, better strafing ability id day and even in 2vs1 scenarios somehow the individually better player comes out on top. Looking at guys like Dizzy and shroud playing apex and pulling this off more often than not. Hecks we got them actually single handedly destroying a squad by themselves, when all 3 are focused on them. And there’s been plenty of times where they did this against competent players as well(I know some of you will pull out that competent vs incompetent card). But then again this is halo we’re talking about and halo is known for being very team needy.(never found this to be a bad thing) there’s still plenty of moments of “individual” domination. I played these h5 evolved settings once which made the pistol 4sk got customs going and I dominated, a lot more than I would of with the occasional 5sk. I liked that tbh I felt stronger. But is that the games fault for not giving me this power or my inability to pull off average 5sk’s? H5 does have wonky aim mechanics compared to other shooters(especially compared to reach-h2a which are pretty smooth I’ll add).

My current understanding is that it's not necessarily a lower time to kill being more skillful, it's having a decent gap between the perfect time to kill and the average time to kill. Halo 1 is the only game I know the exact numbers for, but it takes three bullets or 0.6 seconds to kill somebody with the pistol. If the average kill time was between 0.6 and 0.9 seconds, I don't think anybody would be thinking it's a high skill game. The average kill time in Halo CE is probably a little faster than the average in Halo 5 despite the pistol in CE killing twice as fast perfectly.

I don't know much about the nerdy numbers of Apex Legends. Let's say it took two seconds to kill somebody perfectly, if the average is five seconds though then a highly skilled player still has plenty of opportunities to destroy a lesser opponent. Now a higher time to kill does mean there's more opportunities for team shot, which has varying opinions as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Silos said:

My current understanding is that it's not necessarily a lower time to kill being more skillful, it's having a decent gap between the perfect time to kill and the average time to kill. Halo 1 is the only game I know the exact numbers for, but it takes three bullets or 0.6 seconds to kill somebody with the pistol. If the average kill time was between 0.6 and 0.9 seconds, I don't think anybody would be thinking it's a high skill game. The average kill time in Halo CE is probably a little faster than the average in Halo 5 despite the pistol in CE killing twice as fast perfectly.

I don't know much about the nerdy numbers of Apex Legends. Let's say it took two seconds to kill somebody perfectly, if the average is five seconds though then a highly skilled player still has plenty of opportunities to destroy a lesser opponent. Now a higher time to kill does mean there's more opportunities for team shot, which has varying opinions as well.

It does seem to have a long average but quick perfect ttk. Thanks for this I’ actually like this simple explanation better. Some of the CE people make sometimes is ridiculous. If you need to tell me something takes more skill summarize it in one or two paragraphs please like you did. It’s not that I’m lazy(ok I am) it’s just you’re over complicating something rather than doing a simple explanation. Don’t go into 5 paragraphs explaining  how this one encounter was more skillful. On reddit most people simply things which I like. 

Basically you’re coming off too strong.

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

TTK is almost completely irrelevant to the actual skill ceiling and skill floor of any given game. Aim assist/Bullet magnetism are why games have considerable lower gun-skill curves.

Discuss. 

TTK affects a player's ability to be effective solo. If you limit the frequency with which a player is able to exercise a skillful function with a high disparity (i.e. you're limiting 1v1 encounters and instead heavily promote teamshot), you're effectively lowering the overall skill gap of the game as it pertains to the actual in-game mechanics. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

TTK affects a player's ability to be effective solo. If you limit the frequency with which a player is able to exercise a skillful function with a high disparity (i.e. you're limiting 1v1 encounters and instead heavily promote teamshot), you're effectively lowering the overall skill gap of the game as it pertains to the actual in-game mechanics. 

That only implies if the TTK is so long where kills are almost impossible to get without team shotting. All halo 1 offers is a chance for you come out on top on players who weren’t paying attention or something.  

Just now, Arlong said:

That only implies if the TTK is so long where kills are almost impossible to get without team shotting. 

Welcome to Halo 2

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

23 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Welcome to Halo 2

Wtf are you talking about? I get plenty of kills and doubles etc in those games against competent people. H1 has blinded you. 

24 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Well aren't you Ogre 4 

Lmao. You ass. 😂

Individual empowerment, with regard to Utility weapon killtimes, isn’t just about the difference between perfect and average killtimes.  On a weapon with a quick killtime, the time a player spends reacting to being shot is a significant percentage of the perfect killtime.

Since the time a player takes to react to being shot is independent of the utility weapon’s killtime, a shorter killtime empowers the individual more because he can deal more damage during the window of of time where his target is still reacting to being shot.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Individual empowerment, with regard to Utility weapon killtimes, isn’t just about the difference between perfect and average killtimes.  On a weapon with a quick killtime, the time a player spends reacting to being shot is a significant percentage of the perfect killtime.

Since the time a player takes to react to being shot is independent of the utility weapon’s killtime, a shorter killtime empowers the individual more because he can deal more damage during the window of of time where his target is still reacting to being shot.

That doesn’t mean it takes more skill tbh. 

50 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Wtf are you talking about? I get plenty of kills and doubles etc in those games against competent people. H1 has blinded you. 

Lies. You're not flanking two competent, full-shielded opponents and killing both with the H2 BR. I can do that in CE though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Lies. You're not flanking two competent, full-shielded opponents and killing both with the H2 BR. I can do that in CE though.

You can do that in CE because you killed one dude before he could react not because you were better. 

36 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I could just chuck a nade in both scenarios and be done with it, what does that tell you

• Like (+1) 2

Gosh halo reach BC is fucking unplayable. 30fps, bad connection, Jesus Christ. 

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

FTFY.

Image result for pepo meme

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

FTFY.

You bitch lmao

33 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You can do that in CE because you killed one dude before he could react not because you were better. 

What? I'd get one shot off before they react. 

37 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I could just chuck a nade in both scenarios and be done with it, what does that tell you

You would need the nade in H2 to ever have a chance. In CE it's not really needed.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

What? I'd get one shot off before they react. 

You would need the nade in H2 to ever have a chance. In CE it's not really needed.

That’s not a big deal. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

13 minutes ago, Arlong said:

That’s not a big deal. 

If you like teamshot Halo that's fine. I'd rather have my shooting skill be able to overcome numbers advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TeeJaY said:

If you like teamshot Halo that's fine. I'd rather have my shooting skill be able to overcome numbers advantage. 

You winning against numbers advantage because your gun killed them faster than they could react isn’t a representation of skill. 

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You winning against numbers advantage because your gun killed them faster than they could react isn’t a representation of skill. 

Again, CE's kill times are not instant. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Again, CE's kill times are not instant. 

It doesn’t matter. It’s still easy AF to shoot a non strafing dude in the back. 

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It doesn’t matter. It’s still easy AF to shoot a non strafing dude in the back. 

No idea what point you're trying to make unless you think flanking someone is unfair.

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Not happening in any Halo by its design, lmao.