CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

It’s comical yes, but at the same time we should acknowledge the entire small dev team is fixing bugs, and adding halo reach.  If it happens 1/10 times it’s not worth going into it. I can play 30 games a day and never get this bug, so clearly it’s not a big issue. 

Your point remains but bad analogy to say "if it's only 1/10 it's not worth it". When you just said you played 30 games and it doesn't happen even once; in your analogy if 3 out of your 30 games did this would you be pissed and say it isn't worth fixing? If there's a bug that occurs 1/10 times I definitely want it fixed. 

Now does this bug occur 1/10? Probably not

2 hours ago, JordanB said:

Your point remains but bad analogy to say "if it's only 1/10 it's not worth it". When you just said you played 30 games and it doesn't happen even once; in your analogy if 3 out of your 30 games did this would you be pissed and say it isn't worth fixing? If there's a bug that occurs 1/10 times I definitely want it fixed. 

Now does this bug occur 1/10? Probably not

1/10 is implying it rarely happens not once out of ten matches. You interpreted what I meant 1/10 times.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 3

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

1/10 is implying it rarely happens not once out of ten matches. You interpreted what I meant 1/10 times.

Fucking what?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

Any % of this happening is unacceptable, take off the fucking kneepads and call them out on the shitty bugs. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Arlong said:

I interpreted what you said. If you didn't mean 1/10, don't say it happens 1/10 times. Make your argument that it happens so rarely that it might not be worth 343 to look into (again that's an entirely separate argument). But you literally saying it happens 10% of the time and then you saying that I'm interpreting that wrong, is wrong.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Any % of this happening is unacceptable, take off the fucking kneepads and call them out on the shitty bugs. 

I mean I agree but it’s nothing to be upset about 😅

9 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I interpreted what you said. If you didn't mean 1/10, don't say it happens 1/10 times. Make your argument that it happens so rarely that it might not be worth 343 to look into (again that's an entirely separate argument). But you literally saying it happens 10% of the time and then you saying that I'm interpreting that wrong, is wrong.

How much is 10% to you? I admit I shouldn’t of said 1/10 since that looks bad. Every game has bugs and we know mcc has had more than any. This bug use to happen on the average, and now it’s seen once in a blue moon, that is good progress. I apologize if I want to give 343 some positivity points.😔. They’ve started sort of redeeming themselves to me. And hopefully infinite is more like a classic halo than h4&5 was. We will find out(hopefully) in June.

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

How much is 10% to you? I admit I shouldn’t of said 1/10 since that looks bad. Every game has bugs and we know mcc has had more than any. This bug use to happen on the average, and now it’s seen once in a blue moon, that is good progress. 

I guess I'm confused by the first question, 10% doesn't really need an explanation. It's 1/10, 10/100, etc. I don't play a lot of multiplayer lately as I'm working on LASO achievements so I can't comment if the 5v3 bug occurs 10% or 1% or 0.0001%. If I do play a game of multiplayer it's 2v2 CE. But my initial comment wasn't even to argue the 5v3 bug but more so to say if a bug that affects gameplay does occur 10% of the time, then it is 100% worth looking into.

20 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I guess I'm confused by the first question, 10% doesn't really need an explanation. It's 1/10, 10/100, etc. I don't play a lot of multiplayer lately as I'm working on LASO achievements so I can't comment if the 5v3 bug occurs 10% or 1% or 0.0001%. If I do play a game of multiplayer it's 2v2 CE. But my initial comment wasn't even to argue the 5v3 bug but more so to say if a bug that affects gameplay does occur 10% of the time, then it is 100% worth looking into.

10% could mean a lot of things. I just greatly assumed 10% or 1/10 would be recognized as rarely occurring. I was ignorant in thinking my thoughts on that regard would be shared by others since 10% can look like a lot in some cases.

• Downvote (-1) 1

22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

10% could mean a lot of things. I just greatly assumed 10% or 1/10 would be recognized as rarely occurring. I was ignorant in thinking my thoughts on that regard would be shared by others since 10% can look like a lot in some cases.

In terms of what we're discussing, 10% of 5v3 means if I play 10 games in a day and one of them is a 5v3, I'm wasting 10% of my gaming time. That's unacceptable. It means 343 fucked up. And guess what, if that 10% chance just happens to be my first game of the day, there's a decent chance where I'm gonna say "fuck this" and play something different. 

This isn't even "oh CE isn't the same as og". At least I know that going into CE. I can't account for a 5v3 match, otherwise I'd just not play at all. What if 10% of your bullets just "disappeared". Or 10% of your matches, you got kicked at the start and got a ban. 

10% of a tub of popcorn is nothing. 10% of game-breaking bugs are everything.

8 minutes ago, JordanB said:

What if 10% of your bullets just "disappeared".

Basically any CE game now in a nutshell. Which is worse than the once in a blue moon 5v3, lol.'

Dunno, it's a bug, and I want it fixed, but it wouldn't shove me off the game, lol. It's social. Would just take it on the nose and move on. Not worth hinging a day's worth of playtime on.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Basically any CE game now in a nutshell. Which is worse than the once in a blue moon 5v3, lol.'

Dunno, it's a bug, and I want it fixed, but it wouldn't shove me off the game, lol. It's social. Would just take it on the nose and move on. Not worth hinging a day's worth of playtime on.

Oh, so that's why I suck at CE ;)

If 5v3 happens in Social, could it not happen in Ranked? Social is bad enough, especially if my two other teammates go AFK and now it's essentially 5v1. I either have to quit for a ban or endure torture. For some people you may be able to just move on, for some you could argue "why would I waste my time with this when I can play (insert literally any other game) and not have this happen". And for my original question, if it happened in ranked then yea you should expect almost anyone to be upset about it.

12 minutes ago, JordanB said:

If 5v3 happens in Social, could it not happen in Ranked? Social is bad enough, especially if my two other teammates go AFK and now it's essentially 5v1. I either have to quit for a ban or endure torture. For some people you may be able to just move on, for some you could argue "why would I waste my time with this when I can play (insert literally any other game) and not have this happen". And for my original question, if it happened in ranked then yea you should expect almost anyone to be upset about it.

Lol I love 3v5, with me being on the to3. More people to shoot at and with how lethal one can be in CE it makes for a fun experience. In anyother Halo I'd rather kms than play 3v5 tho lmao.

Never played ce OG as I was a toddler when it came out(3 years old) so I never got the chance to live the days of OG Xbox Halo CE lans with random people and friends. Idk the differences in ce and mcc ce. It’s fair to note expecting good hit reg in a game that never saw the light of online(Xbc don’t count) to have quality hit reg.

3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

It "could"? I wouldn't know. This is the first time I've ever seen this occurring in recent times, so my guess would be social and its player requirements. But who knooooows. 

My point more so laid in its rarity. If you're gonna get fucked off because of a now rare occurrence, then I dunno what to say. Which goes into another point of, I'd love to pool games played together and see how many times it happens within a small group. Just for fun. Because I've seen some pretty funnily extreme reactions, over what feels like a near to one time thing. Again, I've played a lot of MCC, especially since the 2018 "fix", and I have never seen this once. Although anecdote isn't the best thing ever, so it isn't conclusive, hence the former point.

4 minutes ago, Basu said:

Lol I love 3v5, with me being on the to3. More people to shoot at and with how lethal one can be in CE it makes for a fun experience. In anyother Halo I'd rather kms than play 3v5 tho lmao.

I've always found this curious. Sure, later Halos have slower killtimes and as a result go more into obvious teamshot territory, but you're not just gonna be able to jump in front of two people and outright slay them in a gunfight in CE because everything "kills quicker", nor is anyone gonna realistically go against a group in a 3v5. Two people alone could literally melt you in 3 trigger pulls faster than you could pull 2 out, let alone more. It's not really a matter of how lethal you are, because you're not really "more" lethal than you are in relation to Halo 5. Everything in general is just scaled up in terms of absolutely destroying you so it overall flows a bit faster but the end result is the same. It's basically a placebo. 

13 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

It's not really a matter of how lethal you are, because you're not really "more" lethal than you are in relation to Halo 5. Everything in general is just scaled up in terms of absolutely destroying you so it overall flows a bit faster but the end result is the same. It's basically a placebo.  

What? In Halo 5 you shoot the first dude, he thrusts behind some random clutter and escapes, while the other one turns around and kills you because by now you probably have to reload. You are 100% more lethal in CE, how is that not obvious?. Especially when factoring in player speed, amount of cover on maps, teamshot advantage etc. Your gun literally kills twice as fast as the H5 piss magnum, how on earth is that placebo?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

My point more so laid in its rarity.

Honestly my point was more in that, if it was occurring 1/10 times then it would be a serious issue. Not that this 5v3 is a 1/10 occurrence. 

5 minutes ago, Basu said:

What? In Halo 5 you shoot the first dude, he thrusts behind some random clutter and escapes, while the other one turns around and kills you because by now you probably have to reload. You are 100% more lethal in CE, how is that not obvious?. Especially when factoring in player speed, amount of cover on maps, teamshot advantage etc. Your gun literally kills twice as fast as the H5 piss magnum, how on earth is that placebo?

Because everyone's gun does. It isn't just you being powerful. Everybody is. Again, at best, the pacing is slightly quicker, depending on what skill levels you're comparing, because you overall may kill faster. But you're still not gonna be challenging 2v1s in outright gunfights, just like you won't in Halo 5, because your lethality in relation to one or two people you fight is the exact same even if your perfect and average killtimes differ by half a second. It's literally just a matter of speed, not your inherent lethality increasing by the game.

4 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Honestly my point was more in that, if it was occurring 1/10 times then it would be a serious issue. Not that this 5v3 is a 1/10 occurrence. 

Oh, yeah, entirely. Not that I don't think it shouldn't get 100% ironed out. I was more so saying it's really not something to get that worked up on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Because everyone's gun does. It isn't just you being powerful. Everybody is. Again, at best, the pacing is slightly quicker, depending on what skill levels you're comparing, because you overall may kill faster. But you're still not gonna be challenging 2v1s in outright gunfights, just like you won't in Halo 5, because your lethality in relation to one or two people you fight is the exact same even if your perfect and average killtimes differ by half a second. It's literally just a matter of speed, not your inherent lethality increasing by the game.

Oh, yeah, entirely. Not that I don't think it shouldn't get 100% ironed out. I was more so saying it's really not something to get that worked up on.

Sure, if we ignore human reaction time, time to get on target, strafing etc. To use two extreme examples: where are you more likely to win a 1v2: in CoD hardcore mode or on H2 SMG starts plus everyone has an overshield? Of course you're not gonna bum-rush two people and expect to win ever fight, but in so many encounters you have one dude looking at you and the other is unaware of your presence until you start shooting. In H5 you are automatically toast, whereas in CE you can often kill the dude starting at you and fight the other guy before he has turned around. No you're not guaranteed to win the 1v2 but you are about 10 times more likely than in hand-hold Halos.

Check out this thread, it's lenghtly but really explains why long kill times are such a detriment to the flow of the game:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just now, Basu said:

Sure, if we ignore human reaction time, time to get on target and strafing. To use two extreme examples: where are you more likely to win a 1v2: in CoD hardcore mode or on H2 SMG starts plus everyone has an overshield? Of course you're not gonna bum-rush two people and expect to win ever fight, but in so many encounters you have one dude looking at you and the other is unaware of your presence until you start shooting. In H5 you are automatically toast, whereas in CE you can often kill the dude starting at you and fight the other guy before he has turned around. No you're not guaranteed to win the 1v2 but you are about 10 times more likely than in hand-hold Halos.

Check out this thread, it's lenghtly but really explains why long kill times are such a detriment to the flow of the game:

The two extremes are disingenuous to the point. There's a large difference between my comparison of Halo 5 and CE, and that of CoD HC and H2 SMG starts. 

Second, that was more so my entire point. You're not gonna be challenging outright gunfights, and will be opportunistically going after people who're turned away and the like for multikills. The same can and will happen in any other Halo. Even in Halo 5 when escape is potentially easier. And that as a result, you're not more powerful, it's just faster in terms of flow.

Note I wasn't arguing for slowed flow, or saying it's equal. 

More so to that point, though, this entire thing spawned from a 5v3 comment, where the odds are more against you than for you. My question is, in a game where you already won't be challenging more than one person straight up on even teams, what in the hell makes being outnumbered and outgunned better. When one gets guaranteed numbers advantages, not counting everything else. Of course, you could be just fighting braindead people who have no idea what to do, because social is filled with these people. But on any competent level, you can't tell me that's fun, lmao.

Look's like we might get a solid answer on what settings Reach will use in MP in the next community update.

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve always struggled with this opinion of “lower ttk is more skillful” as of lately apex legends completely proves this wrong. Better accuracy, better strafing ability id day and even in 2vs1 scenarios somehow the individually better player comes out on top. Looking at guys like Dizzy and shroud playing apex and pulling this off more often than not. Hecks we got them actually single handedly destroying a squad by themselves, when all 3 are focused on them. And there’s been plenty of times where they did this against competent players as well(I know some of you will pull out that competent vs incompetent card). But then again this is halo we’re talking about and halo is known for being very team needy.(never found this to be a bad thing) there’s still plenty of moments of “individual” domination. I played these h5 evolved settings once which made the pistol 4sk got customs going and I dominated, a lot more than I would of with the occasional 5sk. I liked that tbh I felt stronger. But is that the games fault for not giving me this power or my inability to pull off average 5sk’s? H5 does have wonky aim mechanics compared to other shooters(especially compared to reach-h2a which are pretty smooth I’ll add).

TTK is almost completely irrelevant to the actual skill ceiling and skill floor of any given game. Aim assist/Bullet magnetism are why games have considerable lower gun-skill curves.

Discuss.