CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On 5/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:

My favourite Xbox gamertag I've come across is LeakyAxeWound.

I'll 1 up you with Herpulies

I played with someone named "I cum bees" in the H3 days. Good guy, called me the n-word a few times during our game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Yes, I don't see MCC PC having a good online population long-term. Wishlisting the game is one thing, but I doubt people will stick around long when the typical 343 shenanigans start. PC players have much higher standards than the Stockholm syndrome infested console/Halo community. 

"343 shenanigans" have little to do with it. Anyone who thinks that MCC was ever going to have a huge population on PC long term is kidding themselves. Even if they released a perfect, feature complete port day one, that would not be the case. Tons of people will buy it. Most will probably play the campaigns. A smaller percentage will spend some time in multiplayer. A couple of weeks at most after launch, the population will level out at something modest as people go back to newer games with regular content and balance updates.

If anything, releasing it piecemeal might be better for the population long term, because people will come back for the next campaign and the multiplayer population will surge back up for a while. The progression system they said they're working on could stabilize things as well.

The best chance for a large, stable Halo population on PC is Halo: Infinite.

5 hours ago, Darkomantis said:

I see. I haven't played Reach in a long time so I'm of the thought they had to make specific gametypes with Megalo.

They do, but Megalo allows for adding new strings to the options menu. No reason the options couldn't be tweaked by the end user.

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I played with someone named "I cum bees" in the H3 days. Good guy, called me the n-word a few times during our game.

Sounds like the guy from Green Mile.

5 hours ago, arglactable said:

"343 shenanigans" have little to do with it. Anyone who thinks that MCC was ever going to have a huge population on PC long term is kidding themselves. Even if they released a perfect, feature complete port day one, that would not be the case. Tons of people will buy it. Most will probably play the campaigns. A smaller percentage will spend some time in multiplayer. A couple of weeks at most after launch, the population will level out at something modest as people go back to newer games with regular content and balance updates.

If anything, releasing it piecemeal might be better for the population long term, because people will come back for the next campaign and the multiplayer population will surge back up for a while. The progression system they said they're working on could stabilize things as well.

You're telling me people won't stick around for games that have been around for over a decade, and have been played to death by the majority that bought them in the first place? Color me fucking surprised.

• Thonking (+0) 1

46 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Color me fucking surprised.

What shade of color is that

20 hours ago, Hard Way said:

The H5 launch SMG and Storm Rifle would be OP in just about any sandbox. Weapons that easy to use should not kill that quickly, or from that far away. Kelly was totally right about that.

Vyrst needs to use punctuation, and figure out how capitalization works.

The binkymagnum picture was a little bit disturbing, when you factor in that binkies are for babies...

I feel badly that a lot of people settle for using MCC to base their opinions and assumptions about H1. Johnthehero made an awesome site for finding people to LAN H1 with: www.halofinder.com. Make some new friends and play the real game. The people on there already have all the equipment. They just want more people to play with.

Bruh I’m not driving out to fucking Seattle to play video games with random people, when I can do that on Xbox live. 

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

bitch :cool:

Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to not use such harsh vernacular when reffering to M'lady. This is your first warning. Make it the last. For your sake. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

9 hours ago, arglactable said:

MCC is the perfect opportunity to either win over PC consumers in the sense of trusting 343/Halo brand or totally ruin everything ahead of Infinite. They could pretty easily upset reddit and become a small scale EA/Battlefront 2 so it is pretty important that they handle all of this well if they wanted a future on PC.

In a lot of ways this is why I'm surprised that they'd outsource MCC porting again or even do this at all. At least they're going one game at a time and trying to not recreate the 2014 disaster

• Upvote (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

MCC is the perfect opportunity to either win over PC consumers in the sense of trusting 343/Halo brand or totally ruin everything ahead of Infinite. They could pretty easily upset reddit and become a small scale EA/Battlefront 2 so it is pretty important that they handle all of this well if they wanted a future on PC

I definitely think MCC is important if they want to establish Halo as a relevant brand on PC. I just don't think it's going to have that much longevity as a multiplayer game, regardless of how competent the port is.

The best part about MCC Steam is that we will get population numbers for the first time in a Halo game since 2012. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

The best part about MCC Steam is that we will get population numbers for the first time in a Halo game since 2012. 

Five bucks says they finagle it somehow to prevent this. 

• Like (+1) 1

dL7%2B%2B0=

Shoutout to 343 for still allowing 5v3s all these years after launch. How hard can this stuff be, seriously?

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Basu said:

dL7%2B%2B0=

Shoutout to 343 for still allowing 5v3s all these years after launch. How hard can this stuff be, seriously?

It’s not like it happens often anymore. 

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

It’s not like it happens often anymore. 

No other AAA FPS I've played in the past decade has had this type of bug. It's completely unacceptable regardless of how often it occurs. 

• Like (+1) 3

It doesn't happen often anymore, but the fact this bug still exists is comical. The 3v4 industries meme died 4 years ago and they still haven't fixed this bug lmao. Also this never ever happens in OG H2,3, Reach, H4 or H5 or as @ChieftaiNZ said literally any other game in existence.

19 hours ago, Basu said:

Very.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:46 AM, arglactable said:

I definitely think MCC is important if they want to establish Halo as a relevant brand on PC. I just don't think it's going to have that much longevity as a multiplayer game, regardless of how competent the port is.

Depends on mods and the ease of use of Forge. Also depends on progression systems put in place and the ranked playerbase. If it's all social and not much mods/forge it'll die quick.

However, it will definitely establish them as trustworthy moving into Infinite if the launch is stable, functional and fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Basu said:

It doesn't happen often anymore, but the fact this bug still exists is comical. The 3v4 industries meme died 4 years ago and they still haven't fixed this bug lmao. Also this never ever happens in OG H2,3, Reach, H4 or H5 or as @ChieftaiNZ said literally any other game in existence.

It’s comical yes, but at the same time we should acknowledge the entire small dev team is fixing bugs, and adding halo reach.  If it happens 1/10 times it’s not worth going into it. I can play 30 games a day and never get this bug, so clearly it’s not a big issue. 

I'm not a programmer, and there's been many many times I've asked "hey this should be pretty easy right? " and all my programmers laughed at me and then proceeded to spend the next 2 months trying to build what I thought was a simple feature.

But even size party's in matchmaking should definitely not be hard to just set a check to see if both teams have even player counts. That sounds like something that would be done in minutes, day 1.  

• Like (+1) 2

People who are too young to have played top down view shooters can’t appreciate projectile bullets in the same way as someone who did.

56 minutes ago, Boyo said:

People who are too young to have played top down view shooters can’t appreciate projectile bullets in the same way as someone who did.

You've never played hitscan pong?

8 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

You've never played hitscan pong?

200.gif

10 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Depends on mods and the ease of use of Forge.

...I'm not sure why it took me this long to figure out why they probably don't want mods in MCC PC.