CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I feel very ashamed after the ass-whooping I received the other night in H3 dubs. These guys willfully committed suicide 10+ times (maybe more) on a Slayer Narrows game and still proceeded to win. Haven't touched my Xbox since.

Omg you’re trash😂😂😂I wouldn’t get on either after that ass whoopin.

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Omg you’re trash😂😂😂I wouldn’t get on either after that ass whoopin.

I've been playing my Switch until my anus recovers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

16 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I've been playing my Switch until my anus recovers. 

I hate to break it to ya, but that’s not a wound it’s a scar. 

19 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I hate to break it to ya, but that’s not a wound it’s a scar. 

I don't need that image.

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I don't need that image.

My favourite Xbox gamertag I've come across is LeakyAxeWound.

4 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Gross. Back in '08 friends and I were playing some BTB and there was a guy called "EatableChilli" and we kept saying

"Eatable? You mean edible chilli?" the entire game and after getting initially mad the guy ended up being a legend and we partied up for like four hours.

23 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I don't need that image.

Muhahahahaha 

On 5/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, TheIcePrincess said:

Can maybe get the joke but what's with the repeated use of age as a label, lol. 

Alsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I didn't say they were for scrubs. Minus points for accuracy.

aren't you 12

1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

You'd like that wouldn't you? 

2cda3e87c8d45e18cc7e3e931c26a244.jpg

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

On 5/2/2019 at 11:49 AM, ChieftaiNZ said:

Hey thats my boy leaky, he's a good dude, despite the gross imaging

On 5/1/2019 at 9:22 AM, Arlong said:

Oh I 100% agree. But many don’t see it completely that way. One reason I hear for the liking of bloom in reach at least is it underpowers the rest of the sandbox when bloom is gone. Lmao as if the sandbox wasn’t trash already. They act like majority of the game wasn’t DMR or needlerifle fights. 

I know that people were complaining about the TU Bloom. Some BTB players hated the TU because the DMR became "cross map laser beams with the TU and people weren't able to move outside vehicle combat".   

On 5/1/2019 at 9:25 PM, Arlong said:

It be nice if 343 decides to TU the whole game, but giving players the option of zero bloom in customs plus obviously team hardcore. 

There is really only three options Ruffian/Splash Damage can take towards PC Reach:

1. Partial TU: Vanilla Bloom but features Melee Bleedthrough (not Damage Bleedthrough which broke the sandbox), Nerfed Camo/Armor Lock, Removed Sword Block  
  2. v1.1 TU: 85% Bloom, Melee Bleedthrough (not Damage Bleedthrough which broke the sandbox), Nerfed Camo/Armor Lock, Removed Sword Block
  3. v2 TU: Adds previous changes above but has adjusted Weapon Sandbox tuning to account for stronger precision weapon accuracy  

If they attempt to not do at least Option 1 in all playlists, then there will be outrage down the road with the release of PC Reach.

Spoiler

It would be nice if they added further settings via neutral nerfing of Sprint/Jetpack to accommodate 110% base movement speed and 110% jump height or 110% base movement speed, 105% jump height, and 125% gravity. 

The H5 launch SMG and Storm Rifle would be OP in just about any sandbox. Weapons that easy to use should not kill that quickly, or from that far away. Kelly was totally right about that.

Vyrst needs to use punctuation, and figure out how capitalization works.

The binkymagnum picture was a little bit disturbing, when you factor in that binkies are for babies...

I feel badly that a lot of people settle for using MCC to base their opinions and assumptions about H1. Johnthehero made an awesome site for finding people to LAN H1 with: www.halofinder.com. Make some new friends and play the real game. The people on there already have all the equipment. They just want more people to play with.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:33 AM, Squatting Bear said:

I think my open and public unrelenting disgust for Reach has gotten me barred from the playtest flight sessions; however I am interested to see if MLG v7 settings will be utilized at all, shit even no bloom, no sprint in a ranked environment (not that Arena garbage) is something I can put some competitive hours into.

If they're even remotely invested in the players (since PC players will be stuck with Reach for months leading up to the other games) they would release something like this:  

Ranked Playlists

• Lone Wolves
  • Team Slayer
  • Team Snipers
  • Team SWAT
  • Team Objectives
  • Team Doubles
  • MLG / Hardcore

Social Playlists:

• Big Team Battle
  • Social Slayer
  • Social Skirmish (Objectives)
  • Rumble Pit
  • Multi-Team
  • Invasion
  • Living Dead
  • Action Sack
  • Anniversary Classic

4 hours ago, Darkomantis said:

If they're even remotely invested in the players (since PC players will be stuck with Reach for months leading up to the other games) they would release something like this:  

Ranked Playlists

• Lone Wolves
  • Team Slayer
  • Team Snipers
  • Team SWAT
  • Team Objectives
  • Team Doubles
  • MLG / Hardcore

Social Playlists:

• Big Team Battle
  • Social Slayer
  • Social Skirmish (Objectives)
  • Rumble Pit
  • Multi-Team
  • Invasion
  • Living Dead
  • Action Sack
  • Anniversary Classic

Reach isn't even launching with Forge, so we're stuck with the disc maps for who knows how long.

As for TU settings, it would be nice if there were options within the UI to edit them ourselves. That's how all of the changes were handled on the 360, but the options were hidden to players.

The thought of paying money just to play Reach with neither Forge nor custom game browser makes my head spin. Good luck winning over the PC crowd, I bet there are MILLIONS of people excited to play AR start Team Slayer with bloom and armor abilities on masterpieces like Sword Base and Condemned. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sitri said:

Reach isn't even launching with Forge, so we're stuck with the disc maps for who knows how long.

As for TU settings, it would be nice if there were options within the UI to edit them ourselves. That's how all of the changes were handled on the 360, but the options were hidden to players.

I see. I haven't played Reach in a long time so I'm of the thought they had to make specific gametypes with Megalo. 

52 minutes ago, Basu said:

The thought of paying money just to play Reach with neither Forge nor custom game browser makes my head spin. Good luck winning over the PC crowd, I bet there are MILLIONS of people excited to play AR start Team Slayer with bloom and armor abilities on masterpieces like Sword Base and Condemned

I honestly don't know what they were thinking deciding to launch Reach without Forge. Making sure Reach launches with all its features should be one of the main priorities with the PC MCC. Instead they're trying to work on both Reach+CE almost simultaneously and cutting out a mode that would guarantee players continually playing Halo leading up to the other releases... And the hype crowd awaiting the game aren't going to make a fuss over Forge-less Reach to make 343 refocus their priorities as they're overly grateful for PC Halo.

Honestly, if they release a Forge-less Reach with no ports of the forge maps used in the 360 Reach then it would be a colossal failure in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

The thought of paying money just to play Reach with neither Forge nor custom game browser makes my head spin. Good luck winning over the PC crowd, I bet there are MILLIONS of people excited to play AR start Team Slayer with bloom and armor abilities on masterpieces like Sword Base and Condemned. 

I'm willing to bet that most people are getting MCC on PC just to play the campaign, dabble a small bit in the multiplayer, then drop it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sucks I won't be playing Halo on PC because 343 is probably going to expect me to rebuy a broken game. Not to mention launching Reach incomplete is hilarious, and is just a repeat of H5

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm willing to bet that most people are getting MCC on PC just to play the campaign, dabble a small bit in the multiplayer, then drop it. 

Yes, I don't see MCC PC having a good online population long-term. Wishlisting the game is one thing, but I doubt people will stick around long when the typical 343 shenanigans start. PC players have much higher standards than the Stockholm syndrome infested console/Halo community. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How are you guys doing in the H3 FFA ranked playlist? Played 2 games yesterday, one was against neighbor which didn't go so well lol. Is this playlist gonna be around for a while? I'd like to try and grind it but with it being 15 mins per game it could take some time.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, Silos said:

I could be wrong if they updated things. But last I checked playlists are not ordered in terms of popularity.

In terms of finding ranked matches. I thought you could only find games with people ranked within ten levels of you, if you're in a party it's within ten levels of your highest ranked player. So in your case if I'm correct, you can match between level 6 and level 26. Ogre 2 said he thought H1 2v2 was the exception and you could match within 20 levels, in my experience so far that hasn't been the case.

Matching with people within ten levels is somewhat new, I want to say it was put in place late last year but I'm not sure.

Late response but thanks for the answer. I wasn't sure what was up with CE, if there were just so few searching that it drastically increased its parameters. It does seem like it has a wider gap than the other playlists.

Searched twice last night during different times for H2 Hardcore for roughly 30 minutes and didn't get a game. I'm still round a 16 or something so I think that's a pretty good range. I guess it just doesn't have the population it needs and never will. I'm playing at a level right now where any of my teammates can be a god or a noob. Sometime last week after 30 minutes of searching I matched Ogre 2 and his wife in a game, and they had a teammate that was looking at the floor while moving.

59 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Is Reach launching without forge on the Xbox version as well?

From the AMA: With this in mind, Forge and Theater for Reach won't be ready at the same time as the MP/Campaign/Firefight experiences on PC

I couldn't find the answer directly, this was the closest thing I could find. He specifically said "on PC" so it's possible Xbox Reach launches with Forge.

• Like (+1) 1