CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I think my open and public unrelenting disgust for Reach has gotten me barred from the playtest flight sessions; however I am interested to see if MLG v7 settings will be utilized at all, shit even no bloom, no sprint in a ranked environment (not that Arena garbage) is something I can put some competitive hours into.

I think you just remember the bad stuff. I didn’t like reach either until TU came out. I’d come home from school and spend hours(one time 2 days straight) playing MLG v7 MM. I remember my first time playing reach mlg it was v5 and a guy got a perfection because every engagement he was in he’d just run away. I was so pissed. It’s what made me hate sprint so much, especially in halo 4. Now with that said sprint in reach is balanced on some maps but only because it’s limited. But countdown wasn’t one of them.(my favorite halo map of all time) . 

The Reach beta had some of the better weapon balance post CE... 

MessyEdibleBluefintuna-small.gif

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

5xI6kFg.jpg

I want you to re-read the responses to Kelly's unfrig post. Literally go back right now and read it. You wanna see fragile? Take a peek at one specific response. You'll know which one. Then afterwards read these last few pages with your unbiased big brain. And again, I want you to tell me who's fragile. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 5

57 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

read these last few pages

InnocentGoldenDairycow-size_restricted.g

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3

kpihrc-27cavemenlarge.jpg?w=535

me like power weapon me earn them every time

powerweapon good give me 4 kills make me happy no use pistol

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Stoppabl3 said:

I remember playing the Beta and thinking... I can work with this.

And then the final game came out. Turns out, no, I could not work with that. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No one said anything about the storm rifle being in CE. Discord Danny just got creamed on the SMG thing so he changed the subject and tried to make it about the storm rifle instead. What he was hoping to accomplish, I don't know. Anyway the storm rifle is dumb, I don't ever want to see it in Halo again. It's not overpowered, it's just dull, like the AR.

The H5 SMG in Halo 1 would be a sharper AR that was actually useful as a weapon and not just as a quick camo/double melee tool. That's it. Your issues with the SMG are Halo 5 specific. The maps in Halo 5 are terrible and were designed for auto abuse. The Halo 5 sandbox is terrible. The binkymagnum is terrible. The fact that SMG starts would make it obsolete isn't a knock against the SMG, it's a knock against the magnum for being a pea shooter that no one would touch if it wasn't being forced down your throat as the starting weapon

Binkymagnum for real lol. Perfect name for it haha.

Anyway I could get behind the H5 SMG in CE. It is pretty much already there in the form of the AR anyway. Both have 60 round mags, fire 15 rounds a second, and kill in that same number of bullets and time, and have similar reload speeds.

The big reason the SMG was so OP in H5 at launch was because not only did it kill pretty fast against a weak-ass Magnum,  but also it didn't have anywhere near enough bloom to keep it in check. You could just full auto spray it almost all the way up to mid range because it was just accurate enough to not need to burst-fire it.

The H5 Launch SMG/CE AR would be perfect as long as they bloom fast like the CE AR but the bloom also resets fast with perfect tap-fire accuracy to let it reach out and touch things without being too overbearing at mid range. Trust me, I would absolutely love a good auto secondary for Halo, but it needs to be done right, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

Trust me, I would absolutely love a good auto secondary for Halo

hahahaha, yeah, we know 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 6
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

Binkymagnum

THE-PACIFIER-KEYSHOT-PERSP.-1.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stoppabl3 said:

I never got to play the beta, but I have always wished that they had kept proper, controllable, perfectly vertical recoil instead of bloom. Would have been much better received IMO. And as long as the DMR and Magnum continued to both be 5sk instead of them nerfing the rapid-fire version of the latter in later incarnations, I think that it would have been a great contrast between the two in the sandbox.

In Destiny, 150 RPM Scout Rifles(DMRs) and the Last Word 225 RPM Handcannon are both 3sk in that game and are a great visual representation of how it could have worked in Reach, IMO.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/smartan-427/video/73891410

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Boyo said:

THE-PACIFIER-KEYSHOT-PERSP.-1.png

Here we have an official screenshot of the in-game coding for the H5 Magnum.

18 minutes ago, cH_ said:

hahahaha, yeah, we know 

Well of course, this is a given. Just letting him know too lol. As well as why I think the launch H5 SMG had issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

I remember playing the Beta and thinking... I can work with this.

And then the final game came out. Turns out, no, I could not work with that. 

Almost everything was nerfed after the beta, I remember weapons were much stronger, notably the covenant weapons. People were posting clips of plays made with just the plasma pistol. Everything was at least somewhat viable. 

And I might be crazy but I’m pretty sure the bloom on the dmr was less severe. 

If only the h5 pistol was buffed then the sandbox might actually be pretty good minus the fact that there are 5 weapon reskins for each role.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

5xI6kFg.jpg

Can maybe get the joke but what's with the repeated use of age as a label, lol. 

Alsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I didn't say they were for scrubs. Minus points for accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

5 hours ago, cH_ said:

kpihrc-27cavemenlarge.jpg?w=535

me like power weapon me earn them every time

powerweapon good give me 4 kills make me happy no use pistol

Neanderthals were smarter than us. 

• Toxic (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Can maybe get the joke but what's with the repeated use of age as a label, lol. 

Alsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I didn't say they were for scrubs. Minus points for accuracy.

:(

8 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I want you to re-read the responses to Kelly's unfrig post. Literally go back right now and read it. You wanna see fragile? Take a peek at one specific response. You'll know which one. Then afterwards read these last few pages with your unbiased big brain. And again, I want you to tell me who's fragile. 

This is amazing

• Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

:(

Power weapons are for scrubs. There, it fits.

Don't sadface me if makes me feel guilty, lmao.

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Neanderthals were smarter than us. 

Higher cranial volume doesn't ensure better neural arrangement or modulation.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

I beg to differ.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I beg to differ.

I also beg to differ.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I beg to differ.

8 minutes ago, cH_ said:

I also beg to differ.

I love it when you beg.

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I love it when you beg. 

eeewww, that's weird im gonna have to talk to the hive about this one and get back to you

edit: ew ew ewwy

edit: cH_ out 

57 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

We live in a society.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel very ashamed after the ass-whooping I received the other night in H3 dubs. These guys willfully committed suicide 10+ times (maybe more) on a Slayer Narrows game and still proceeded to win. Haven't touched my Xbox since.

It be nice if 343 decides to TU the whole game, but giving players the option of zero bloom in customs plus obviously team hardcore. 

• Upvote (+1) 3