CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

You're butthurt that the SMG consistently trumped your binkymagnum.

In 20-fucking-19, let it be known someone unironically said I was salty about an easy ass automatic melting my utility. As if it was a bad thing, even if I WAS angry about it. 

Just now, Larry Sizemore said:

What about it?

I wanna know how pretty you think it is. 

What do you think? Use that "smartest" brain for a second and respond accordingly. 

1 minute ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Ditch it and bring back the plasma rifle with stun. That's what I think about it.

Was it overpowered you nut 

Just now, Larry Sizemore said:

No.

Yeah, spoken like someone who's truly never played or understood the game. Nice.

1 minute ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No.

Okay so you're just braindead. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing the air. 

The storm rifle is a piece of shit. Let me guess, you two couldn't beat that thing with the binkymagnum either, therefore it's oh-pee?

50 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The storm rifle is a piece of shit. Let me guess, you two couldn't beat that thing with the binkymagnum either, therefore it's oh-pee?

Brah, the Storm Rifle was fucking hilariously overpowered before it was nerfed. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Destroyaaa said:

Having said all of that its still very entertaining to watch. What makes Overwatch special is the heroes. The team compositions and strategies that get used are what makes every game and every OWL team unique. 

Like Rainbow 6 Siege, except Siege has decent spectator options and isn't a massive clusterfuck all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

16 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Brah, the Storm Rifle was fucking hilariously overpowered before it was nerfed. 

In comparison to the binkymagnum, maybe. In relation to a real weapon or, better yet, a real sandbox? Not even close.

Even in a sandbox with faster kill times like CE the vanilla H5 SMG and especially the Storm Rifle would stick out like a sore thumb. Seriously these weapons were broken as hell especially with how often they spawned and how many corners to hide in H5 maps had plus of course radar.

Lord, if the SMG was the starting weapon I would have never even thought about using the Magnum lmao. 

5 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

We were done the second you mentioned the smg as a positive. Keep spraying tho brother you'll get to gold one day. 

Yeah lets Literally remove any Projectile Variance Period whatsoever you know the very factor that makes the recreation of guns fun in the first place and yeah you know just replace any of that with literally one constant mechanical equipped utilization that pew pews to indefinitesy and its a fucking Hand gun the size of a Chap Stick and you literally just run around each map going pew pew and wondering just when oh when the next person around any corner will pew pew you next and each map is literally just Reskins of warlock. Dozens and fucking Dozens of Texture dirt reskins of Warlock.

Yeah thats Fun Fun Halo lets play the Pew Pew Halo where everyone Jumps and Pew Pews and its Safe and Balanced and Safe and Fair and predictable and Safe and forever Comforting. Oh But do nOt worry eveneryone. the Pew Pew meta is now intact

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

4 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

The SMG was OP in the context of H5 because magnum users had no room to outplay it even if they hit their shots. What Larry is suggesting (I think?) is that the SMG's power is not unreasonable if it were in a more balanced sandbox. So instead of nerfing the SMG like 343 did, he would buff everything else (which I agree with). Faster kill times across the board are always preferable.

If that's not what you meant @Larry Sizemore, then I have no fucking clue what you're saying.

You condescendingly say that like He wasn't making Perfectly Clear Fucking sense from the complete get go. Plot Twist he was 

9956e72a1c0e37721387fc030f443d0caa7d6a8b

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Even in a sandbox with faster kill times like CE the vanilla H5 SMG and especially the Storm Rifle would stick out like a sore thumb. Seriously these weapons were broken as hell especially with how often they spawned and how many corners to hide in H5 maps had plus of course radar.

Lord, if the SMG was the starting weapon I would have never even thought about using the Magnum lmao. 

No one said anything about the storm rifle being in CE. Discord Danny just got creamed on the SMG thing so he changed the subject and tried to make it about the storm rifle instead. What he was hoping to accomplish, I don't know. Anyway the storm rifle is dumb, I don't ever want to see it in Halo again. It's not overpowered, it's just dull, like the AR.

The H5 SMG in Halo 1 would be a sharper AR that was actually useful as a weapon and not just as a quick camo/double melee tool. That's it. Your issues with the SMG are Halo 5 specific. The maps in Halo 5 are terrible and were designed for auto abuse. The Halo 5 sandbox is terrible. The binkymagnum is terrible. The fact that SMG starts would make it obsolete isn't a knock against the SMG, it's a knock against the magnum for being a pea shooter that no one would touch if it wasn't being forced down your throat as the starting weapon

9 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Ah yes, the all-important punish-ometer. I forgot that if a weapon scores poorly on that then it's not discord approved.

No, it wasn't OP in Halo 5. Everything else was just garbage. I'm not interested in what pro players think after "no bloom no skill" and the fact that almost all of them are benign non-personalities who just go with the popular flow while shilling for their donations and plane tickets.

What pros say no bloom no skill? I remember many pros liking no bloom in reach.

Just now, Arlong said:

What pros say no bloom no skill? I remember many pros liking no bloom in reach.

Ogre 2, Ninja and Totz and probably others (I remember Enable defending bloom on the MLG forums once). Once bloom was actually removed they changed their tune, because like I said the pros just go wherever the wind is blowing.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Ogre 2, Ninja and Totz and probably others (I remember Enable defending bloom on the MLG forums once). Once bloom was actually removed they changed their tune, because like I said the pros just go wherever the wind is blowing.

Or maybe(stay with me) they were trying to look on a bright side. They also took into account the weapon balancing of the game and wondered and feared the game would play worse. They’re still people who believe bloom takes more skill than no bloom because no bloom lets you spam where bloom doesn’t. Most of us will agree randomness isn’t a skill, but some people accept it as one because of the pacing mechanic. 

Bloom is a heavy topic in the fortnite community and many want it to stay or be gone. Many fear how the game would play out if it was gone as in they fear the TTK will be too quick. The solution would be high recoil(but controllable) projectile shooting.  

12 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Or maybe(stay with me) they were trying to look on a bright side.

Then they're dumb, because competitive Halo was a shitshow in 2011, and bloom was the main culprit. Look up old VODs of those tournaments and just try to get through one game of team sprintbloom on Zealot or whatever four-base forge maps they were using without wanting to claw your eyes out.

12 minutes ago, Arlong said:

They’re still people who believe bloom takes more skill than no bloom because no bloom lets you spam where bloom doesn’t. Most of us will agree randomness isn’t a skill, but some people accept it as one because of the pacing mechanic. 

Mastering the timing of shot pacing is a skill, it's just not a skill that has a place in Halo. Pacing shots shouldn't be encouraged, because that's a fucking boring way to play the game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Mastering the time of shot pacing is a skill, it's just not a skill that has a place in Halo. Pacing shots shouldn't be encouraged, because that's a fucking boring way to play the game.

Oh I 100% agree. But many don’t see it completely that way. One reason I hear for the liking of bloom in reach at least is it underpowers the rest of the sandbox when bloom is gone. Lmao as if the sandbox wasn’t trash already. They act like majority of the game wasn’t DMR or needlerifle fights. 

• Like (+1) 1

You know what one of my favorite maps in reach is? Uncaged. It’s such a unique design and is really fun to play on. Now not everyone will agree but what can you do hehe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think my open and public unrelenting disgust for Reach has gotten me barred from the playtest flight sessions; however I am interested to see if MLG v7 settings will be utilized at all, shit even no bloom, no sprint in a ranked environment (not that Arena garbage) is something I can put some competitive hours into.

• Like (+1) 2