FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

24 minutes ago, Arlong said:

So how’s everyone’s thoughts on my ONE ranked playlist idea for halo? 

I kinda like the idea but I also like playing the casual stuff too when it's ranked. Perhaps they could only allow the highest rank (champion) to only be allowed to the competitive playlist players but meanwhile they could still have an uncapped mmr for the other playlists too. This way the champion rank is only available to the players in the actual competitive playlist. So if you were number 1 in team doubles or something, you'd just be an onyx with the highest mmr for example, since champion is only for the competitive playlist. 

Also a separate duo/solo que playlist for competitive would be a very nice addition. If you think about League of Legends, when people brag about their rank, they're talking about solo and duo que, it'd be cool if halo had this. 

9 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think many people on this forum, including myself, think 2v2 is a more competitively viable player count than 4's so at the least having a ranked doubles playlist is a necessity. Beyond that, I can agree.

Okkkkk but why? Maybe in Halo CE they were but evidence shows 4s is better for basically every halo after ce. And my reason for one ranked mode was because it’s the hcs settings. Now I did add the exception of doubles or ffa but only if tournaments are in the plan. It be far better if one ranked playlist was what we used. This is the case in CS, league, Dota, overwatch. This clearly works better than 5 different ranked modes. Nothin says loser than only being good at slayer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think many people on this forum, including myself, think 2v2 is a more competitively viable player count than 4's so at the least having a ranked doubles playlist is a necessity. Beyond that, I can agree.

Maybe for halo 1 yea. But in the other halo games, 4s is pretty much considered more skillful since you're tracking so many players. Probably because the individual skill gap is low in all the games after halo 1 so the teamwork skill gap is what sets ppl apart.

15 minutes ago, logan said:

I kinda like the idea but I also like playing the casual stuff too when it's ranked. Perhaps they could only allow the highest rank (champion) to only be allowed to the competitive playlist players but meanwhile they could still have an uncapped mmr for the other playlists too. This way the champion rank is only available to the players in the actual competitive playlist. So if you were number 1 in team doubles or something, you'd just be an onyx with the highest mmr for example, since champion is only for the competitive playlist. 

Also a separate duo/solo que playlist for competitive would be a very nice addition. If you think about League of Legends, when people brag about their rank, they're talking about solo and duo que, it'd be cool if halo had this. 

This could be solved with party matching but a duo/solo option still be nice. A hidden mmr is also a good thing to make social matches more fair. But all in all the single ranked mode is to know who’s actually competitively viable. 

Another addition. I like that in league and overwatch, in order to play ranked you must get to a certain level.(social experience system) I think halo should adopt this system. Overwatchs level 25 is perfect for several reasons. You must grind at least a good amount of hours so once you’ve reached this level you must be  at least competent enough to know how to decently play the game.

it reduces smurfs. No ones going to want to make a new account and grind to level 25(at least most people won’t). 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Arlong said:

Okkkkk but why? Maybe in Halo CE they were but evidence shows 4s is better for basically every halo after ce. And my reason for one ranked mode was because it’s the hcs settings. Now I did add the exception of doubles or ffa but only if tournaments are in the plan. It be far better if one ranked playlist was what we used. This is the case in CS, league, Dota, overwatch. This clearly works better than 5 different ranked modes. Nothin says loser than only being good at slayer. 

They could use 1-50 for the casual stuff and then use a division system for the actual ranked playlist. I have a lot of friends that like to reminisce about "going for the 50" and it's a good gateway for players to then jump into the real ranked experience afterwards. 

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Another addition. I like that in league and overwatch, in order to play ranked you must get to a certain level.(social experience system) I think halo should adopt this system. Overwatchs level 25 is perfect for several reasons. You must grind at least a good amount of hours so once you’ve reached this level you must be  at least competent enough to know how to decently play the game.

it reduces smurfs. No ones going to want to make a new account and grind to level 25(at least most people won’t). 

You post with the speed and voracity of fixaimingsorry :thinking:

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, logan said:

They could use 1-50 for the casual stuff and then use a division system for the actual ranked playlist. I have a lot of friends that like to reminisce about "going for the 50" and it's a good gateway for players to then jump into the real ranked experience afterwards. 

Sooo do they play any other games? The division ranking is clearly better than halos 1-50. It’s just that 343 had no idea how it Actually works.

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Sooo do they play any other games? The division ranking is clearly better than halos 1-50. It’s just that 343 had no idea how it Actually works.

Yea they play League of Legends and CSGO now. A lot of people sill talk about how fun it was to go for level 50, even pros. I don't see what the problem is with keeping that for the people that want to go for a 50 in unique gametype. I think you're forgetting that there are communities for literally every single playlist. Like there are swat kids, sniper kids, doubles kids, ffa kids. And certain people only like those types of gametypes, seems unfair to just rip it from them completely. People in the community know that the competitive playlist is the real deal anyways. 

I haven't missed any of the Reach Insider testing for Xbox right? I know they said possibly April, but I haven't seen anything. 

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I’m a reddit user look me up. Halo Facebook. As well. Here I’ll post the link. 

https://m.facebook.com/Halo.Lives.On/ 

There is a "+" next to the "quote" button. If you press it, you can quote multiple posts in the one reply (a little window opens at the bottom right where you can click on to add the quotes to a reply. 

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

There is a "+" next to the "quote" button. If you press it, you can quote multiple posts in the one reply (a little window opens at the bottom right where you can click on to add the quotes to a reply. 

Oh didn’t know that. Sorry about multi quoting. 

• Fire (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, logan said:

Yea they play League of Legends and CSGO now. A lot of people sill talk about how fun it was to go for level 50, even pros. I don't see what the problem is with keeping that for the people that want to go for a 50 in unique gametype. I think you're forgetting that there are communities for literally every single playlist. Like there are swat kids, sniper kids, doubles kids, ffa kids. And certain people only like those types of gametypes, seems unfair to just rip it from them completely. People in the community know that the competitive playlist is the real deal anyways. 

Or you could not pollute the ranked playlist selection with idiotic garbage like SWAT and Snipers and instead promote an improved version of the customs browser that arrived in Halo 5 far too late to matter. Bring back the XP for playing customs like in Reach. Maybe even provide a bonus for playing/hosting public lobbies. You don't need a playlist for everything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NAK said:

I haven't missed any of the Reach Insider testing for Xbox right? I know they said possibly April, but I haven't seen anything. 

Nothing yet. Sketch tweeted today saying things were pushed back.

• Like (+1) 1

Is the fire symbol some sort of burn or something? I was just apologizing for multi quoting. 

2 minutes ago, arglactable said:

Or you could not pollute the ranked playlist selection with idiotic garbage like SWAT and Snipers and instead promote an improved version of the customs browser that arrived in Halo 5 far too late to matter. Bring back the XP for playing customs like in Reach. Maybe even provide a bonus for playing/hosting public lobbies. You don't need a playlist for everything.

More or less we could just keep that stuff as social playlist. I’m going to bed so I’ll reply back tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Is the fire symbol some sort of burn or something? I was just apologizing for multi quoting. 

No the fire symbol is a hot take. Or it's FIRE. Or it's LIT. Or it's SPICY. Or it's another internetism. Point is if people react with fire it means they like your post.

If you hold your most over the heart symbol it shows a list of reactions. Next to it is a number. +1 means a positive reaction that will add to the posters rep, -1 means a negative reaction that will deduct from the posters rep. 

Some are +0 which allow you to react neutrally.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

54 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I think the general idea is okay except for the part where the Halo community missed the opportunity a long, long time ago. People have been allowed to play such divergent versions of the same game and series and compete with each other that at this point you would just be losing fans by not providing the entire experience they're accustomed to having. Think about how much it sucked to be a BTB kid in H5 or a competitive player in H4. It is not fun when your section is the one left out. They still haven't actually delivered a full experience to match H3 or Reach and if we start pushing them to not focus so much on all of the little things and instead have one really good ranked playlist I'm afraid we'll see that happen to almost everyone. There is also the example we were given with Halo 5 competitive settings in the first couple years that showed that change and obvious improvements need not apply in a timely fashion so I'm afraid of what kind of playlist we actually get as the sole ranked option if we went that route. I promise it won't be the playlist anyone here wanted so be careful what you ask for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, arglactable said:

I personally enjoy every type of ranked experience even the "idiotic garbage like SWAT and Snipers." You'd be surprised how fun even those play at high levels. The problem with putting those into the custom browser would be the death of the ranked communities for them. I don't understand why a tournament playlist can't just have its own hopper to be in. Something where you select between Social, Ranked and Tournament hoppers. People will know what matters and what doesn't yo. Not to mention, ranked slayer is consistently more populated than normal competitive stuff soooo idk if it's worth it to launch with just one playlist. Just look at the halo community, the competitive side is legit small af. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Mythik Nick said:

Because it's role is easy-to-use spray weapon for noobs who can't aim yet and that's really all it needs to be. I don't think it makes sense for it to have damage that's close to on par with the utility weapon when it requires a fraction of the aiming ability even at close range because that ruins what makes CQC interesting and fun.

A rapid fire weapon will always be more fun than a boring lame single shot pea gun. And i like the dmr. I dont care where or what. Welcome to perspective. Single fit noob role shit for weapons that dont perform the way you like may enhance your personal competition factor but will overall greatly delute the general fun factor for many the community. Skewing gameplay into a niche. Gambling the population. This is why its more important now than ever for 343 to nail the server system and custom settings on individual guns because halo has become too much of a sandbox nebula to not have such modularity for gametypes anymore. What becomes liked can funnel its way to the ranked spots. As long as 343 doesnt force feed what they think the community wants and lets the competitive community do the talking then a top pro playlist gametype should always be what it needs to be on every level and what you want it to be, while everyone else also gets to have their guns play the way they want to in other settings online. The one set combat setting mindset is not healthy for halo. It just isnt. many people complaining about what they want and how anything contradicts anything because someone wants it some way. The game needs diversity to live. But not forced. So its like not a big deal. it shouldnt be so global where you cant tell autos to fuck off in a few playlists. But Halo doesnt get to be skewed without failure. Halo 3 and Halo Reach were too Creatively Bombastic and Liberating to turn back. Like if they bring back Firefight in Infinite but its EXACTLY like the odst version with zero customization i will literally Laugh my ass out the door and lock it. Bungie backed this series into that kind of corner.

2 hours ago, arglactable said:

I’m all for a customs browser but in Reach, SWAT was consistently the third, sometimes second, most popular playlist.  Why would we remove one of the most popular playlists?  Who would that please?

"Pollute the ranked playlist selection"

And here I thought just not playing a particular playlist if you're not into it was enough.

• Thonking (+0) 1

I'm of the opinion that intentionally designing weapons that are unviable at high level is an unhealthy mindset and is ultimately pointless to do. I'm honestly tired of playing every Halo game where massive chunks of the sandbox  gets removed from competitive settings for various reasons. I can't be alone when I think that we need far more variety in weapons and playstyle choices. I want to cut the fat as well as anyone here, but that doesn't mean that we just need to default to throwing weaponry in the trash everytime a problem arises, or we let our preconceptions dictate our sandbox before we even give the idea a chance.

Automatics absolutely have a place in high level Halo. Halo CE proves this, and Halo 4 TU at least had a better idea of approach than Halo 5. I love the dynamic between a Single shot primary, and full auto secondary. It's not about making every weapon compete with the utility, it's about making weapons with purpose and unique functionality that the utility simply cannot fulfill.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Automatics absolutely have a place in high level Halo. Halo CE proves this, and Halo 4 TU at least had a better idea of approach than Halo 5. I love the dynamic between a Single shot primary, and full auto secondary. It's not about making every weapon compete with the utility, it's about making weapons with purpose and unique functionality that the utility simply cannot fulfill.

To be fair, the CE assault rifle is a quick camo tool first, a double-melee tool second, and an actual gun third.

The Halo 3-present assault rifle is a weak, impotent weapon that's neither fun to use or interesting to have used against you. It's got a light magazine, it's pretty slow firing for an automatic weapon, there's just nothing there. It's a generic noob rifle.

I enjoyed using the Halo 5 SMG, and I didn't mind when it was used against me. One of the few decent things about that game IMO. You could actually make a play with it. There would be no complaints from me if that SMG became the starting auto weapon, provided that it came with an equally competent utility weapon and not the lolH5magnum.

• Like (+1) 1

The starting auto should kill quite a bit slower than the utility but have other advantages such as higher aim assist, spray capability to find camo players, bigger melee hitbox, faster weapon swap and reload, quicker camo and extra damage against vehicles. We need more weapons with unique traits and reasons to use. The mentality of H5s sandbox that "every gun needs to be equally lethal to be good" is dumb as shit and needs to be left behind. 

• Like (+1) 2