FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Bruhhhhh. The reach AR is the worse AR yet. You literally want AUTOS to be downright useless just admit it. Because that AR is the worse AR ever. And if you have barely any shields that’s actually a good thing and balanced. It shows that you’ll still come out on top 8/10 times. You shouldn’t be able to come out on top 10/10.

I think a low skill starting weapon should have a low damage output. People should be incentivized to get good with the utility weapon as soon as possible in order to play the game properly. I really don't see a problem with low skill bullet hoses not being favored in "higher" level play where everyone can use the utility weapon effectively. Seems balanced to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I think a low skill starting weapon should have a low damage output. People should be incentivized to get good with the utility weapon as soon as possible in order to play the game properly. I really don't see a problem with low skill bullet hoses not being favored in "higher" level play where everyone can use the utility weapon effectively. Seems balanced to me.

Clearly you’re confusing skill and balance. As long as the skillful weapon comes out on top majority of the time it is balanced. It doesn’t make it unbalanced because you were left with 3/4 of your shield gone. H3 has a pretty decent AR and against your Br you’ll win mostly all the time. Not everyone has time to get good at a game, they shouldn’t have to pick up or use a more skillful weapon to do decent damage, but they should expect to get Rekt 8/10 times. If in h4 I can dominate an auto user while in CQC that means the autos are fine. You should just stay away from any mode with autos my friend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't even think the Reach AR and Halo 3 are weak, they're exactly what they should be and honestly they shred up close. Even in 50s TS people consistently used the AR up close. I think it just has a disgusting stigma around it because of AR starts when in reality the starting combo should've been BR/AR. Anything stronger than Reach's automatics relative to the rest of the sandbox is getting into dicey territory

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Clearly you’re confusing skill and balance. As long as the skillful weapon comes out on top majority of the time it is balanced. It doesn’t make it unbalanced because you were left with 3/4 of your shield gone. H3 has a pretty decent AR and against your Br you’ll win mostly all the time. Not everyone has time to get good at a game, they shouldn’t have to pick up or use a more skillful weapon to do decent damage, but they should expect to get Rekt 8/10 times. If in h4 I can dominate an auto user while in CQC that means the autos are fine. You should just stay away from any mode with autos my friend.

Skill and balance are inseparable. Basically hand in hand always, or at least they should be

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

I don't even think the Reach AR and Halo 3 are weak, they're exactly what they should be and honestly they shred up close. Even in 50s TS people consistently used the AR up close. I think it just has a disgusting stigma around it because of AR starts when in reality the starting combo should've been BR/AR. Anything stronger than Reach's automatics relative to the rest of the sandbox is getting into dicey territory

Skill and balance are inseparable. Basically hand in hand always, or at least they should be

I don’t think that’s true for multiplayer games. Most Devs when designing weapons for shooters decide balance on power, and ease of use. Sure recoil is added for some difficulty but this isn’t for a skilled reason but to simply make a weapon not too strong or weak. 

26 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I really don't see a problem with low skill bullet hoses not being favored in "higher" level play where everyone can use the utility weapon effectively. Seems balanced to me.“  Devine higher level play? As far as I’m concerned this is ranked, team arena/hard core/ mlg. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I don’t think that’s true for multiplayer games. Most Devs when designing weapons for shooters decide balance on power, and ease of use. Sure recoil is added for some difficulty but this isn’t for a skilled reason but to simply make a weapon not too strong or weak. 

Well that's sorta my point, if the weapon is better than it is difficult to use - you have a problem. We saw a lot of that in Halo 5 with the rifle clones in that they had longer scopes, more shots, and did more damage than the pistol. And that would all be fine if they were more difficult to use, but they weren't. So there was never a reason NOT to upgrade off spawn, which also put you at a disadvantage if you died. Pretty much every gun in Halo 5 was better than it was difficult outside of the pistol, the autos especially.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was watching a video a couple of months ago about halo(I think from late night gaming or halo follower) and he mentions halos problem with competitive play. “Too many ranked playlist”. We don’t need doubles, snipers, swat being ranked at all. We should “one” ranked playlist like all these other games do. It shouldn’t be called anything BUT ranked. Should be division ranking but done right this time. And ranks should reset every quarter(3 months) an exception for another ranked playlist would be if they plan on doubles or ffa tournaments. But the ranked playlist should be the tournaments settings. 

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

Well that's sorta my point, if the weapon is better than it is difficult to use - you have a problem. We saw a lot of that in Halo 5 with the rifle clones in that they had longer scopes, more shots, and did more damage than the pistol. And that would all be fine if they were more difficult to use, but they weren't. So there was never a reason NOT to upgrade off spawn, which also put you at a disadvantage if you died. Pretty much every gun in Halo 5 was better than it was difficult outside of the pistol, the autos especially.

You know I always felt if the pistol got a 4sk or range buff(OG BR range or simply the silenced pistol range) and the other precision weapons got an aim assist Nerf things would of been solid. 

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

So you believe most reach fans prefer vanilla over TU? Could it be that the idiotic name “super slayer” is why it wasn’t played as much as the OG TS? I don’t ever remember anyone in the BTB community complaining about TU? 

Dude, THAT'S what Super Slayer was? I never played it because of that dumbshit name, lmao.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Dude, THAT'S what Super Slayer was? I never played it because of that dumbshit name, lmao.

THIS. SHE proved my point. It was a dumbass name. Yes super slayer had two options zero bloom slayer(radar, other weapons) or TU slayer(85% bloom)  you also proved my point how laZy console players are since you’d of known this if you Read the patch notes. Sigh games should have a built in UI which lets people read it from there because we all know console people ain’t going online to “read”. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Arlong said:

THIS. SHE proved my point. It was a dumbass name. Yes super slayer had two options zero bloom slayer(radar, other weapons) or TU slayer(85% bloom) 

LMAO, I FEEL LIKE I WASTED MY LIFE IN REACH NOW.

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

LMAO, I FEEL LIKE I WASTED MY LIFE IN REACH NOW.

I’m not attacking you FYI I’m just saying, console players don’t want to go online to read a games patch notes. You know how many times I have to tell people what’s in a update?  An update will have been out for a month and people who play everyday don’t know a thing. There were/are people who don’t know what modern aiming is. 

• Fire (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TryHardFan said:

Well, unlike regular precision weapons that use projectile, the sentinel beam could possibly utilize projectiles extremely well due to the instant feedback regarding where your beam hits. The CE magnum and H3 BR both suffer from the fact that their bullets cannot be tracked in real time, so the only practical information you get from how much you should be leading your target is whether your enemy’s shields flare up or pop. No real feedback that actually helps you become better at leading without having to guess how far you should aim ahead of your target. With the sentinel beam, ideally you can directly track where your projectiles are heading (like the plasma rifle and other covenant weapons), and it would allow you to adjust your aim with 100% certainty on how far your reticule should be placed.

As to whether that takes more skill, I’d argue that’s nothing more than personal preference.

Nah. In ce, u have bullet sparks. Unless ur shooting directly above yourself, ur hitting some type of wall. Aka 99.9% of encounters. This is very useful for adjusting lead on xlan. But they have a funky netcode for mcc. A psuedo client side hitrg. Which means you cant lead for lag. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Really super slayer came out then? 

Umm because plenty of people love reach because it’s fun. Lots of fun forge maps that were in mm, just an overall amazing multiplayer experience. I just came to these forums, I’m from reddit halo and a Facebook group. Most people I’ve asked have said they’d prefer TU but could care less. TU definitely is a more satisfactory version of halo reach especially when you explain to people what TU is. Most console gamers are idiots or lazy as shit, so they’ll never read any sort of “patch notes”. Ask any reach fan and ask them what they disliked 9/10 times it’s armor lock or bloom. 

From casual players who actually played the game and seemed to enjoy it on some level, I've seen far, far more complaints about "all those gray forge maps" in matchmaking than I ever have about armor lock or bloom. Every time the issue of armor lock or bloom came up, they said it's fun, that they don't mind it, that bloom is realistic, or "adapt". And seeing as there were a shitload of people playing the game from its launch day all the way through 2011 - again, many multiples of Halo 4's population - I'm inclined to think that isn't some fringe group, that default Reach has a lot of legitimate fans. Just because you or I don't like the game doesn't mean their experience should be compromised, especially since we can just go play H1, H2, or H3 without even exiting the app.

If places like r/halo are to be taken as the barometer, the number one thing people are looking forward to in Reach MCC is the return of invasion. Invasion was never title updated. The mainline team slayer playlist was never updated. SWAT was never title updated, that one had a higher population than most. BTB was not updated right away, and even so there was no other BTB playlist for people to flock to if the update was that objectionable to them (which it shouldn't have been, because like I said, it hardly changed anything). Why should there be several different versions of Reach in circulation when one of them (the basic TU with bloom and armor abilities still present) is the same fucking thing as vanilla? It was confusing as shit in 2011 and it would be confusing as shit now, especially to people actually playing the game and not nerding out about it on internet forums. The fact that you would even have to explain to people that there was a TU and what it consisted of ought to tell you that it's completely unnecessary.

Nobody who hated vanilla Reach because of bloom and armor lock suddenly liked it when the TU made negligible changes to both mechanics. Anyone who says that they did is either kidding themselves or just waving pom-poms for 343. How many times am I gonna have to repeat this? Why would random DMR bloom at the standard 100% Reach setting be unacceptable to someone, but 85% bloom suddenly be acceptable? Why would a temporary invincibility mechanic that can drain other players' shields and be activated at will be unacceptable in its standard form, but acceptable just because two rockets, two grenades, or half a DMR clip can now break through it? Neither change has any practical effect in game, especially since only idiots would activate armor lock and just sit there for six seconds. Players who knew how to exploit it would briefly activate it to deflect rockets/power weapon ammo, or up close to EMP people, and then melee them. For both purposes, the TU version still works.

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

You know I always felt if the pistol got a 4sk or range buff(OG BR range or simply the silenced pistol range) and the other precision weapons got an aim assist Nerf things would of been solid. 

Right, any combination of those would do the trick.... They just weren't ever done lol

4 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Why the fuck did they call it super slayer lmao 

Probably thought it would make people interested? Idk. Heck’s if it was called title update slayer, more would of played it because the word “update” attracts.

3 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Right, any combination of those would do the trick.... They just weren't ever done lol

Yeah we got the current sandbox where they made everything else trash. One of the weapons that was highly requested to be Nerfed was the BR. No one asked for recoil or a rate of fire Nerf. People asked for a range(+1) Nerf, and a AA nerf(-1). 

As for the DMR same boat an AA Nerf. You know when you think about it the current sandbox be great for a classic halo game. It just don’t work with h5s movement.

36 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I really don't see a problem with low skill bullet hoses not being favored in "higher" level play where everyone can use the utility weapon effectively. Seems balanced to me.“  Devine higher level play? As far as I’m concerned this is ranked, team arena/hard core/ mlg. 

I'm using the word very loosely here, hence the quotation marks. Honestly anything that's above average I would not want to see the AR used much at all. In ranked/competitive settings I would probably just remove it entirely.

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

I think a low skill starting weapon should have a low damage output. People should be incentivized to get good with the utility weapon as soon as possible in order to play the game properly. 

Exactly how I feel.

9 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I'm using the word very loosely here, hence the quotation marks. Honestly anything that's above average I would not want to see the AR used much at all. In ranked/competitive settings I would probably just remove it entirely.

You say that like it already isn’t removed entirely smh. 

So how’s everyone’s thoughts on my ONE ranked playlist idea for halo? 

33 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Nah. In ce, u have bullet sparks. Unless ur shooting directly above yourself, ur hitting some type of wall. Aka 99.9% of encounters. This is very useful for adjusting lead on xlan. But they have a funky netcode for mcc. A psuedo client side hitrg. Which means you cant lead for lag. 

If bullet sparks were actually a useful guide to leading in CE, there shouldn’t be so many encounters where enemies are dumping more than half the clip of the magnum into each other without anyone dying. Can you show me some gameplay where magnum kills are exclusively featured, in which players can consistently get 3SKs (or at least use less than half their clip) to kill others without any assistance, such as explosives or teammates?

30 minutes ago, Arlong said:

So how’s everyone’s thoughts on my ONE ranked playlist idea for halo? 

I think many people on this forum, including myself, think 2v2 is a more competitively viable player count than 4's so at the least having a ranked doubles playlist is a necessity. Beyond that, I can agree.