CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You people do realize competitive players aren’t the only ones who play this game. Easy weapons like Autos shouldn’t be downright terrible, but they shouldn’t be so strong where if a decent player has a br, dmr, pistol etc is completely bound to lose to them. I prefer a more skilled game as the next guy but autos being useless isn’t fun. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Should’ve been able to tell it was trolling because of your stance on pub stomping. Couldn’t tell it was trolling because of the stupid shit you say about CE all the time in a serious manner.

I like ces fov. After playing pc games for 2 years now, playing on anything less than 100 is horrible. Now 90 is playable which I believe ce is? 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Why not? If the utility is strong I can’t see a reason autos shouldn’t somewhat strong. H4 turbo AR was strong but not stronger than a precision weapon.

Because it's role is easy-to-use spray weapon for noobs who can't aim yet and that's really all it needs to be. I don't think it makes sense for it to have damage that's close to on par with the utility weapon when it requires a fraction of the aiming ability even at close range because that ruins what makes CQC interesting and fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

Because it's role is easy-to-use spray weapon for noobs who can't aim yet and that's really all it needs to be. I don't think it makes sense for it to have damage that's close to on par with the utility weapon when it requires a fraction of the aiming ability even at close range because that ruins what makes CQC interesting and fun.

What would a skillful automatic weapon look like to you?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

What would a skillful automatic weapon look like to you?

Sentinel beam is a good start. Probably the only skillful auto that exists.

Anyone here have battlefront 2 Xbox or pc? Be nice to play. 

9 minutes ago, TryHardFan said:

Sentinel beam is a good start. Probably the only skillful auto that exists.

Sentinel Beam is good because it fires straight right?  Wouldn’t a projectile weapon that fires straight be even better?

15 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

It’s almost like you only care about the competitive part of halo. Would you consider the h4 AR op? That weapon was the perfect balance of strong and weak. H5s current AR on the other hand isnt bad because it’s weak if you don’t aim for the head which I actually like since you now need to aim with it for it to be super effective.

Just now, Arlong said:

It’s almost like you only care about the competitive part of halo. Would you consider the h4 AR op? That weapon was the perfect balance of strong and weak. H5s current AR on the other hand isnt bad because it’s weak if you don’t aim for the head which I actually like since you now need to aim with it for it to be super effective.

H5 AR literally melts. Lmao. Did you play that game?

Here's an idea. Ban autos from Competitive playlists and ban precisions from Social. No need for balance. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, arglactable said:

H5 AR literally melts. Lmao. Did you play that game?

Yes. I’m talking about the current h5 AR. The one that many believe sucks, but it only melts if you aim at the head. 

2 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Here's an idea. Ban autos from Competitive playlists and ban precisions from Social. No need for balance. 

Thanos wants a word.

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I don't only care about competitive. I just personally think a Halo game where CQC weapons dominate the utility weapon is boring trash, casually or competitively. And yes I consider both the H4 and H5 ARs OP. Those things absolutely melt for how easy to use they are, especially compared to the utility weapons of their respective games. All they do is make CQC more predictable and flat.

20 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Sentinel Beam is good because it fires straight right?  Wouldn’t a projectile weapon that fires straight be even better?

Well, unlike regular precision weapons that use projectile, the sentinel beam could possibly utilize projectiles extremely well due to the instant feedback regarding where your beam hits. The CE magnum and H3 BR both suffer from the fact that their bullets cannot be tracked in real time, so the only practical information you get from how much you should be leading your target is whether your enemy’s shields flare up or pop. No real feedback that actually helps you become better at leading without having to guess how far you should aim ahead of your target. With the sentinel beam, ideally you can directly track where your projectiles are heading (like the plasma rifle and other covenant weapons), and it would allow you to adjust your aim with 100% certainty on how far your reticule should be placed.

As to whether that takes more skill, I’d argue that’s nothing more than personal preference.

10 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I don't only care about competitive. I just personally think a Halo game where CQC weapons dominate the utility weapon is boring trash, casually or competitively. And yes I consider both the H4 and H5 ARs OP. Those things absolutely melt for how easy to use they are, especially compared to the utility weapons of their respective games. All they do is make CQC more predictable and flat.

So would you be opposed to a Destiny type AR, one of the slower archetypes that have a slow rate of fire, slightly higher damage, but the reticule is relatively small (at least compared to halo). It’s ttk would be a good step behind utility weapons, but not drastically behind them as to make it not completely worthless. 

6 minutes ago, Nokt said:

So would you be opposed to a Destiny type AR, one of the slower archetypes that have a slow rate of fire, slightly higher damage, but the reticule is relatively small (at least compared to halo). It’s ttk would be a good step behind utility weapons, but not drastically behind them as to make it not completely worthless. 

Can't really properly comment on that because I've never played Destiny.

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

Can't really properly comment on that because I've never played Destiny.

This is the best gameplay I could find without some annoying commentator behind it. I would say use the unscoped reticule with no scope available (obviously). Its a small enough reticle that it rewards better aiming, but have it be like 13-15 shots for a kill.

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

Ummm precision weapons like the Br and Dmr still dominated CQC encounters in halo4. Like how weak do they have to be? H3 weak? 

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Now you need to see how that works in an arena style game.

10 hours ago, Arlong said:

Do you guys think people should make a petition on twitter for 343 industries to make it so halo reach on Xbox one and the pc should be TU only(and MLG V7 for the ranked mode, oh and also for ranked radar modes such as team slayer or FFA /rumble pit should be zero bloom?  Obviously modes like invasion and infection are vanilla because the TU was gametype only. Be cool if they decided to just update the whole game to TU and give competitive players zero bloom.

No, as long as V7 is available in some capacity.  V7 (or zero bloom/no sprint, since I think the V7 gametypes are whack and can be improved upon) should be the settings if they make a ranked playlist out of Reach, but other than that, let the people who actually liked Reach play it the way they enjoyed it. Particularly in modes like invasion, SWAT, and 4v4 team slayer, which were never title updated but always among the most popular playlists.

Making Reach's MCC multiplayer TU from the get-go won't please anyone, since 85% bloom plus nerfed (but still present) armor abilities is still repulsive to anyone who wants to play some semblance of a Halo game, and it's a diet version of what the actual fans of Reach want to play. So what's the point? Nobody wins.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No, as long as V7 is available in some capacity.  V7 (or zero bloom/no sprint, since I think the V7 gametypes are whack and can be improved upon) should be the settings if they make a ranked playlist out of Reach, but other than that, let the people who actually liked Reach play it the way they enjoyed it. Particularly in modes like invasion, SWAT, and 4v4 team slayer, which were never title updated but always among the most popular playlists.

Making Reach's MCC multiplayer TU from the get-go won't please anyone, since 85% bloom plus nerfed (but still present) armor abilities is still repulsive to anyone who wants to play some semblance of a Halo game, and it's a diet version of what the actual fans of Reach want to play. So what's the point? Nobody wins.

So you believe most reach fans prefer vanilla over TU? Could it be that the idiotic name “super slayer” is why it wasn’t played as much as the OG TS? I don’t ever remember anyone in the BTB community complaining about TU? 

I remember many asking for a TU version of invasion I’ll add, it’s not a diet version, it’s a proper version of reach. 

Trust me my friend, once 343 releases reach on Xbox one and pc both communities are going to complain about  BLOOM, especially the pc community since we don’t believe randomness is skill. Pacing shots should only be needed  when it comes to recoil and that’s it. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Arlong said:

So you believe most reach fans prefer vanilla over TU? Could it be that the idiotic name “super slayer” is why it wasn’t played as much as the OG TS? I don’t ever remember anyone in the BTB community complaining about TU? 

For fans of the game the TU wasn't objectionable enough to trigger widespread complaints, but it definitely dulled the experience for people who actually enjoyed Reach. That's the key point here. People on THIS forum can insist all they want that "naw man, TU is so much better WTF are you talking about?", but everybody here (myself included) has nothing but disdain for vanilla Reach. And none of you are going to willingly play a diet version of bloom/AAs Reach more than a couple of days after it launches, because like I said, it still sucks.

Population numbers from back in 2010/2011, however, show that a lot of people played, and evidently enjoyed, Reach. Many multiples of Halo 4's population at a similar point in its life cycle. Why should the people who enjoyed vanilla Reach get the shaft because 30 people on Team Beyond, who will be too busy playing H1/H2/H3 regardless of which version of Reach is chosen, insist that the diet version should be used instead?

Super slayer was a farce but it came out well after the title update first launched, and mere months before Halo 4 came out. Hardly indicative of anything.

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

This is the best gameplay I could find without some annoying commentator behind it. I would say use the unscoped reticule with no scope available (obviously). Its a small enough reticle that it rewards better aiming, but have it be like 13-15 shots for a kill.

I mean it's hard to say just by watching a video like that, especially since I have no experience playing Destiny at all.

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Ummm precision weapons like the Br and Dmr still dominated CQC encounters in halo4. Like how weak do they have to be? H3 weak? 

No, an AR user can still shit on a player using a precision weapon pretty easily at close range. It's the same problem as Halo 5 where you basically have to hit all your shots as they hose you down with their gigantic reticle spread machine in order to just barely come out on top and be left without any shields.

I'd prefer Reach's AR where the kill time is slow and you have to be pretty bad for using it over the utility weapon to be worth it (though it would probably depend on what the average kill time of the utility weapon is).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

For fans of the game the TU wasn't objectionable enough to trigger widespread complaints, but it definitely dulled the experience for people who actually enjoyed Reach. That's the key point here. People on THIS forum can insist all they want that "naw man, TU is so much better WTF are you talking about?", but everybody here (myself included) has nothing but disdain for vanilla Reach. And none of you are going to willingly play a diet version of bloom/AAs Reach more than a couple of days after it launches, because like I said, it still sucks.

Population numbers from back in 2010/2011, however, show that a lot of people played, and evidently enjoyed, Reach. Many multiples of Halo 4's population at a similar point in its life cycle. Why should the people who enjoyed vanilla Reach get the shaft because 30 people on Team Beyond, who will be too busy playing H1/H2/H3 regardless of which version of Reach is chosen, insist that the diet version should be used instead?

Super slayer was a farce but it came out well after the title update first launched, and mere months before Halo 4 came out. Hardly indicative of anything.

Really super slayer came out then? 

Umm because plenty of people love reach because it’s fun. Lots of fun forge maps that were in mm, just an overall amazing multiplayer experience. I just came to these forums, I’m from reddit halo and a Facebook group. Most people I’ve asked have said they’d prefer TU but could care less. TU definitely is a more satisfactory version of halo reach especially when you explain to people what TU is. Most console gamers are idiots or lazy as shit, so they’ll never read any sort of “patch notes”. Ask any reach fan and ask them what they disliked 9/10 times it’s armor lock or bloom. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I mean it's hard to say just by watching a video like that, especially since I have no experience playing Destiny at all.

No, an AR user can still shit on a player using a precision weapon pretty easily at close range. It's the same problem as Halo 5 where you basically have to hit all your shots as they hose you down with their gigantic reticle spread machine in order to just barely come out on top and be left without any shields.

I'd prefer Reach's AR where the kill time is slow and you have to be pretty bad for using it over the utility weapon to be worth it.

Bruhhhhh. The reach AR is the worse AR yet. You literally want AUTOS to be downright useless just admit it. Because that AR is the worse AR ever. And if you have barely any shields that’s actually a good thing and balanced. It shows that you’ll still come out on top 8/10 times. You shouldn’t be able to come out on top 10/10.