CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

50 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

In all likelihood, ranked will be v7, core gametypes will be TU, and snipers swat invasion and infection will be vanilla.

This is the most I can hope for. I have a feeling the might keep TS as Vanilla. Sad that ZB will be non existent outside of v7

Damnit I realized I wasn’t plugged In via wired and it disconnected me. 

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

This is the most I can hope for. I have a feeling the might keep TS as Vanilla. Sad that ZB will be non existent outside of v7

It is unfortunate but it’s the most realistic outcome. Even when TU came out zerobloom existed only in MLG. It was an option in the super slayer playlist, but most wouldn’t choose it. It’s not like TU is bad. 

I hope 343 releases a FOV slider for console. There’s no good reason for there not to be one. If apex can handle it on console a halo game like h3 definitely can.

43 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It is unfortunate but it’s the most realistic outcome. Even when TU came out zerobloom existed only in MLG. It was an option in the super slayer playlist, but most wouldn’t choose it. It’s not like TU is bad. 

It's definitely a large improvement over Vanilla. Reach's weapon sandbox sucks though and the better you make the DMR/NR the worse everything else becomes baring power weapons. All of the guns need a touch up that wasn't addressed in the TU. 

6 minutes ago, Nokt said:

It's definitely a large improvement over Vanilla. Reach's weapon sandbox sucks though and the better you make the DMR/NR the worse everything else becomes baring power weapons. All of the guns need a touch up that wasn't addressed in the TU. 

No doubt. I think the AR could of used a touch up.

3 minutes ago, Nokt said:

This is a somewhat of a good point, although Halo has had plenty of weak-non-power weapons diluting the sandbox in the past, so it wouldn't be anything new. Especially from Bungie. Unless you compare to H4 or 5, of course.

This Forum was in the news recently! Someone was actually able to take a picture of these forums and put it into visual form. It's incredibly impressive and the first of it's kind!

Spoiler

first-image-of-black-hole-national-scien

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Funny story time. I had a Halo 1 LAN on Saturday, we're playing Double Take (NHE map) and one of my opponents is going off, he has like 33 kills and I felt like I needed something to slow him down. I check the scoreboard "Hey, did you realize your teammate has two kills?" "EXCUUUUUSE ME!?!?" It was the most genuine shock I have ever heard, I dropped my controller I was laughing so hard, his teammate was just missing everything and only put together six more kills throughout the rest of the game.

The guy doing well is our second best player, but there's still a pretty big gap between him and me. I'm not anything special, but usually we need him on the other team so there's at least a chance that either team wins. His teammate usually does okay, but just couldn't put anything together that game meanwhile our second best player was having the game of his life.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

This is a somewhat of a good point, although Halo has had plenty of weak-non-power weapons diluting the sandbox in the past, so it wouldn't be anything new. Especially from Bungie. Unless you compare to H4 or 5, of course.

I would 100% still take ZB/TU over vanilla any day. I was just saying, everything else in the sandbox could really use a damage boost or some kind of enhancement. 

Just now, Nokt said:

I would 100% still take ZB/TU over vanilla any day. I was just saying, everything else in the sandbox could really use a damage boost or some kind of enhancement. 

A damage boost to autos be great. 343 should just update the whole game to TU(85% bloom) and then let halo reach hard core be v7 there problem solved everyone’s happy. 

Just now, Arlong said:

A damage boost to autos be great.

As long as autos generate random hardcore flinch, that will never be a good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

Reach just needs to be tu'd by default. It fixes problems that fans of the game had with the original like myself but it does nothing to making it more appealing to new players who already hated the game. Reason being that those people hate reach to the core because it's fundamentally broken.

• Like (+1) 2

If the Reach AR is given the Halo 4 Turbo Update treatment, I'd think it would be in a solid place.

12 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

If the Reach AR is given the Halo 4 Turbo Update treatment, I'd think it would be in a solid place.

Aside from the CE SMG, H4 Turbo AR FTW. Love that 13sk in CQC.

10 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Autos should not be strong.

I don't think they should useless either. Otherwise we may as well just cut the sandbox down to a handful of weapons.

11 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Says you.

• Thonking (+0) 1

You make autos strong not with quick killtimes but with strong secondary characteristics.  Homing, ricochet, supercombine, radiation.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'm quite sad it took quite a few serious as fuck posts for someone to realize I was just baiting the hell out of this to see what responses I'd get. Not that I'm one for trolling for obvious reasons, but it's funny seeing how people respond when I post something so obviously bullshit. I didn't think I would get any responses, because I thought it was so obvious that the lobby was just a dumb one I ended up abusing because social obj. But alas. Here we are.

Although, to the former point. I didn't go back to Waypoint just to rile people up. I ended up riling someone up during a sprint debate and made them eat a ban. Subsequently got solid PMs from it. It's not like I go around rustling people's jimmies. People just take shit personally, and lash out. For no reason. And like this, it just leads to endless entertainment.

That leads into you two. Do you both really think that after I made a pseudo-name for myself in writing long ass tangents that people in other threads started dismissing as clogging up a thread, that I'd really change my tune and post shallow, one sentence riffs on a game and a pub stomp statline as if it proves anything? Like, whew, sorry. You got hooked in. If you two were fish, you'd be dead.

It was a prank, bro. I wasn't serious. 

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Throws out bait, people take the bait, then you get mad that they take the bait lol. Yeah it definitely is sad seeing people respond to trolls but is it really that much worse than those who are so bored and unproductive that they seek the attention? I'm sure people just randomly started dismissing your long tangents as clogging up the thread for no reason. If I wasn't so lazy I'd pull up our discussion on how power weapons could have a slew of different mechanics that could balance them. Your responses literally made me choose not to debate actual game mechanics with you anymore. I'd even give props to Beast because during our discussion he was the one to actually engage in a meaningful conversation.

Does anybody know what the parameters are on ranked? I remember a long time ago it seemed like 1s could match 50's in CE. I'm like 16 or something searching H2 Hardcore and I've gone 30 minutes without finding matches. Are playlists still listed in order of popularity?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Teapot said:

Does anybody know what the parameters are on ranked? I remember a long time ago it seemed like 1s could match 50's in CE. I'm like 16 or something searching H2 Hardcore and I've gone 30 minutes without finding matches. Are playlists still listed in order of popularity?

I could be wrong if they updated things. But last I checked playlists are not ordered in terms of popularity.

In terms of finding ranked matches. I thought you could only find games with people ranked within ten levels of you, if you're in a party it's within ten levels of your highest ranked player. So in your case if I'm correct, you can match between level 6 and level 26. Ogre 2 said he thought H1 2v2 was the exception and you could match within 20 levels, in my experience so far that hasn't been the case.

Matching with people within ten levels is somewhat new, I want to say it was put in place late last year but I'm not sure.

41 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I don't think they should useless either. Otherwise we may as well just cut the sandbox down to a handful of weapons.

And the problem with that would be...?

6 minutes ago, arglactable said:

Ideally I would like a more diverse sandbox.

13 minutes ago, arglactable said:

There is no problem with that.  With a quick killing utility weapon, power weapons’ near instant killtimes are necessary to combat multiple enemies.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Why not? If the utility is strong I can’t see a reason autos shouldn’t somewhat strong. H4 turbo AR was strong but not stronger than a precision weapon.

• Like (+1) 1