FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Halo 4 would be a better story if it focused more on finding Chief from the perspective of Blue Team and the Arbiter. Infinity finding Chief so soon is kinda wack. They drift around for years without being found and then suddenly forerunner planet and you've been sucked in and now its been like 2 hours and a human ship finally found you. 

They didn't find Chief. They found Requiem well in advance, and had been around it/on approach, and subsequently Chief "found them" when they were sucked in. Arbiter wouldn't make sense to be in it when he had political issues to deal with on his home, rather than searching for someone he thought was dead. Same for Blue Team. Everyone thought that.

Arguably coincidental, but it isn't a killer.

15 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

They didn't find Chief. They found Requiem well in advance, and had been around it/on approach, and subsequently Chief "found them" when they were sucked in. Arbiter wouldn't make sense to be in it when he had political issues to deal with on his home, rather than searching for someone he thought was dead. Same for Blue Team. Everyone thought that.

Arguably coincidental, but it isn't a killer.

Wouldn't Arbiters "Were it so easy" line at the end of H3 show that he still believes Chief is alive out there?

4 hours ago, Ember Celica said:

Wouldn't Arbiters "Were it so easy" line at the end of H3 show that he still believes Chief is alive out there?

Yes and no. Chief made quite a name for himself after his destruction of the first founded halo ring(from ce). He was recognized as the demon. Sure there were other Spartans that sangheli recognized as great threats, but that’s all they were. Also ice  answered your own question, political matters. It’s confirmed what arbiter did after halo 3, and that was hunt the brutes and prophets. He’d make them pay for the lies and betrayal they suffered at their hands. The great journey was a lie that the prophets later on convinced themselves was the truth. 

6 hours ago, Ember Celica said:

"Hard to believe he's dead"

It'd be easier to believe if chief wasn't hard as shit to kill in the first place.

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

CE is the hardest Halo in the franchise. Yay, I say. 

ZjB9TYj.png

bxi6NDX.png

And this proves... what, exactly?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

ZjB9TYj.png

bxi6NDX.png

1.) You rip on people for pub stomping all the time and that’s exactly what this was. Nobody here that talks up how great CE is is talking about 4v4 KOTH and you know it. Next time you’re going to post a screenshot in an attempt to bash on CE it better be a screenshot of a 2v2 slayer game.

2.) Posting a screenshot of a huge score discrepancy in a social game where one player single-handedly dominates an entire team is proof of a large skillgap not of a small one. If Halo 2-5 offered the kind of individual slaying power that CE does you might see more scores like this in those Halos as well.

• Like (+1) 8

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

ZjB9TYj.png

bxi6NDX.png

Good game

I think CE is literally packed with flaws and systems I would remove or rework if I had the chance, but I still like to think of the game as a good place to start. I think Its 'soul' points in the right direction

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've come to find that most of the players in social CE have no understanding of it at all. 

They don't know PW/PU spawns, they run around with assault rifles, continually will spawn teammates into a death zone, etc, etc, etc.

37 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Do people actually not understand that a game with a greater skill gap is going to produce much more lopsided scores/stats between players with a certain skill disparity, than a game with a smaller skill gap would? It's right there in the title, "skill gap".

No no silly, noobs are supposed to dominate, that means the game takes loads of skill!

• Like (+1) 1

In Halo CE one time, I  raged at teammates because they were using the AR. I lost that game with like 20 something kills from me personally.

So some people who have played Halo for a very long time dominated will kills (in a KOTH game) in a Social match with no stats to prove the opponents were actually competent at the game. Congrats

• Like (+1) 1

Whew, if you're ever feeling down, remember, in 2019, people still full-squad, call out, and hardcore farm in Warzone Assault. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Isn’t that the asymmetric game mode version of warzone? That’s so boring to play. I swear warzone could of been so much better if the following occurred.

1. Map improvements: many maps lacked proper flanking routes or escapes. The only map that did this right was raid on apex 7. Also Warzone focuses on winning by capturing the middle base and in March on storm break the fortress was really difficult to capture. It needed one more way into the base.

2. AI: the AI is too controlled, and they were mostly just bullet sponges. The AI should be spawning constantly and attacking the bases. If you played the original Star Wars battlefront, you’ll remember on the map tatooine they had a yellow faction as another enemy to fight. They were the Tusken raiders. It honestly was super fun. The raiders would go out and about and attack the droids, clones, stormtroopers and rebels. Warzones AI should of acted like that.

3. Req limitations: what I mean by this is there should be a limit of what can be out, for example a tank. I think teams should be limited to 2 req vehicles if their level is 6+. Then 5 req vehicles that are 5 and lower(this is usually hogs, ghost, and the regular banshee). As for weapons I think they’re fine. 

4. Req levels should go up over time, so one team isn’t level 7 while most of the opposite is level 4(this is for req balances.

5. Party matching: this is something most of the halo community wants in general(done properly) but warzone was hit the hardest out of any playlist in history in my opinion from the lack of it. Never has a playlist suffered so greatly from farming but 343 more or less encouraged it with the Achilles helmet. 

6. This is more or less the same as 2: if the AI continuously spawned and attacked and captured bases we would have less farming situations like capture all 3 bases and just farm the other team until you hit 1000 points. And yes even bosses will capture these bases so now it gives the team that captured 3 bases a harder time, they will have no choice to destroy the enemy’s core or risk losing their chance at winning the game. With the focus on the AI the team that was losing earlier can now make a comeback since the winning team can no longer have all 12 players focus on the enemy. 

7. I think warzone should have a max time limit of 20 or 25 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think people should make a petition on twitter for 343 industries to make it so halo reach on Xbox one and the pc should be TU only(and MLG V7 for the ranked mode, oh and also for ranked radar modes such as team slayer or FFA /rumble pit should be zero bloom?  Obviously modes like invasion and infection are vanilla because the TU was gametype only. Be cool if they decided to just update the whole game to TU and give competitive players zero bloom.

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

For someone that chimes in any time someone posts anything about shitting on bad kids, seems like a pretty weird thing to post. Especially since it proves the opposite of what you're probably trying to get across.

60+ kills in a game of KotH to 5 minutes against kids that clearly don't know how to play is not only not worth posting, it's just mean. End the game and get a better one. By the look of the scoreboard, neither of you made an effort to touch the hill. Neat. So you statted on a bunch of kids that obviously didn't know how to play, after routinely complaining about people pubstomping and statting, to try to prove that the game is easy?       Cool.

Cue the part where you're totally not wrong at all and how dare I insinuate that you are, followed by your thirsty edgelord e-boyfriend summoning his discord cult to come match avatars and have the same opinion together.

Sorry I ruined the thread for the next two days, everyone.

It’s not like people haven’t been doing this for ages. Look at fatrat and dutchy. These two are/were(I don’t know if they play halo still but fatrat recently made a video) are known for posting videos of high kill games 60+ kills in halo 3. They play multi team usually or ffa and pub stomp in the KOTH game type. Sure it’s not right, But what can you do? Add an mmr? Now the question do we have a population that can handle that is now brought into the equation. In my eyes a game with a population of at least 30k can handle that, but I don’t know what the pop of mcc is, obviously because 343 stopped giving us this information(in fact no game does this anymore from my knowledge).

Let’s talk about something more positive people. Like the possibility of reach getting a petition to be mostly TU. Lots of people don’t know what TU is and they need to be informed why it is better. I think leaving out words like competitive will help convince the casual crowd. 

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Let’s talk about something more positive people. Like the possibility of reach getting a petition to be mostly TU. Lots of people don’t know what TU is and they need to be informed why it is better. I think leaving out words like competitive will help convince the casual crowd. 

In all likelihood, ranked will be v7, core gametypes will be TU, and snipers swat invasion and infection will be vanilla.

14 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

In all likelihood, ranked will be v7, core gametypes will be TU, and snipers swat invasion and infection will be vanilla.

Still better safe than sorry. On waypoint there’s a couple topics and unfortunately people are talking about just keeping the original than TU. They believe bloom is skillful/balanced. Even though evidence will show that TU was more skill/balanced. “Perfectly balanced as all things should be” 

I personally don’t like pacing shots, at least in halo. Usually you pace shots in games to counter the recoil(pubg is a good example of this) but halo reach doesn’t have recoil on its precision weapons, and doesn’t need it. 

4 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Do people actually not understand that a game with a greater skill gap is going to produce much more lopsided scores/stats between players with a certain skill disparity, than a game with a smaller skill gap would? It's right there in the title, "skill gap".

CoD