CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

27 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

Except for industry definitions of "competitive" differ vastly from our definition of "competitive." 

Not unfair, but at this point I'll take H3 with a not-stupid utility weapon and a not-shit aiming system. 

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Weird to see a dude who made it big off of battle royale titles in early access, and subsequent popular new titles complaining about a lack of competitive shooters, lol.

He routinely complains about them despite utilizing their success, which is exactly what he should be doing. He grew up on Halo and has mentioned many times he wants "an acrobatic high skill fps with no weapon bloom."

Are things like competitive merit / skill gap reeeeeally that abstract tho

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

He routinely complains about them despite utilizing their success, which is exactly what he should be doing. He grew up on Halo and has mentioned many times he wants "an acrobatic high skill fps with no weapon bloom."

I'd have to see him actually talk on a shooter to maybe get it, because I've only seen his "character" rage and complain about games and the arguments/comments made range from stupidly fallacious to maybe okay.

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

I'd have to see him actually talk on a shooter to maybe get it, because I've only seen his "character" rage and complain about games and the arguments/comments made range from stupidly fallacious to maybe okay.

He's said a lot of questionable things that make me doubt his own understanding, like "3 lanes are good level design" but I think his heart is in the right place. He recognizes that games are shallow and wants something better, I can respect that. But yeah he just as often says something that causes my eyes to roll back into my head.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:24 AM, TheIcePrincess said:

The Halo 5 pistol is literally the best starting weapon we've ever had. No flinch, no spread, 100% accuracy. As crisp as crisp can be.

It's hit scan. Automatically disqualifies it as a contender for best starting weapon. It's a good starting weapon. Too bad it's surrounded by a bunch of trash game mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

1 hour ago, Ethereal Nights said:

It's hit scan. Automatically disqualifies it as a contender for best starting weapon. It's a good starting weapon. Too bad it's surrounded by a bunch of trash game mechanics.

Literally every other starting precision weapon in Halo has more spread than the H5 magnum. Are you telling me that hitscan is the dealbreaker rather than random bullet deviation?

13 minutes ago, TryHardFan said:

Literally every other starting precision weapon in Halo has more spread than the H5 magnum. Are you telling me that hitscan is the dealbreaker rather than random bullet deviation?

I don't like hitscan, but I agree in principle and would still take hitscan over the Halo 3 BR anyday.

I think his point though is that the spread on the Ce Mag is so minimal and so rarely situationally relevant that it's more than an acceptable sacrifice for having projectile instead,and thus still the best utility.  Even though I wish the spread was zero.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Big yikes, don't mention me again with this heresy.

• Like (+1) 1

No party restrictions, no skill matching and non-existent team balancing is not okay. You two obviously have no business getting paired with guests but that doesn't mean guests shouldn't exist.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Some guy's thumbless guest cost me and my discord buddy a social game of team slayer BRs at 4:30 in the morning. Splitscreen is not okay, guys!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Nah split screenie weenies are the worst here's to hoping it never comes back AWOO

Awoo.

The purple bandits shall return once the weenies are vanquished.

14 hours ago, TryHardFan said:

I don't think H3 BR would be so bad if the registration actually worked. Nothing like people eating shots. Especially Sniper rounds

The cancer known as teams of 4 queuing social is a way bigger issue than people want to admit. I'd say the absence of party restrictions ever since Reach has decimated the online population to at least the same degree as the game mechanics turning to shit. If people don't have fun, they're quitting the game and not coming back. Even if they fully fix the netcode for CE, H2 and 3 and manage to get Reach to a playable state, MCC will continue to be no fun as long as there's no party restrictions. Hell, they don't even have to be hard party restrictions, just use Menke's solution from H5 that makes sure to4 always match randoms of higher skill (I think the team of randoms gets a 500 TrueSkill advantage).

16 hours ago, TryHardFan said:

A projectile precision weapon that actually functions properly will always have a higher skill ceiling than whatever hitscan weapon you can name.

We could argue about this all day. But chances are, TheIcePrincess and My Namez LEAST over there will probably pop a few blood vessels reading my posts. And I care about their health, so let's not do this for the millionth time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

Just now, Basu said:

The cancer known as teams of 4 queuing social is a way bigger issue than people want to admit. I'd say the absence of party restrictions ever since Reach has decimated the online population to at least the same degree as the game mechanics turning to shit. If people don't have fun, they're quitting the game and not coming back. Even if they fully fix the netcode for CE, H2 and 3 and manage to get Reach to a playable state, MCC will continue to be no fun as long as there's no party restrictions. Hell, they don't even have to be hard party restrictions, just use Menke's solution from H5 that makes sure to4 always match randoms of higher skill (I think the team of randoms gets a 500 TrueSkill advantage).

Yeah, entirely. Which is why enforcing obnoxiously terrible quit bans is asinine on top of it. Menke's solution doesn't exactly work, now, however. H5 is pretty AIDsy to play when you solo queue. It'd work better WITH party matching. Social should just be a matter of party restrictions, not a matter of unranked ranked. The point is to just play random shit. Get me the fuck away from the social warriors/parties and I'm fine with it. I just want to play solo queuing people, be they good or bad, should I solo queue.

25 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

But chances are, TheIcePrincess and My Namez LEAST over there will probably pop a few blood vessels reading my posts.

Implies I get angry or heated while reading, lol. Really not the case.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethereal Nights said:

A projectile precision weapon that actually functions properly will always have a higher skill ceiling than whatever hitscan weapon you can name.

We could argue about this all day. But chances are, TheIcePrincess and My Namez LEAST over there will probably pop a few blood vessels reading my posts. And I care about their health, so let's not do this for the millionth time.

Yikes. Who hurt you?

21 hours ago, TryHardFan said:

the spread on the pistol isn't a factor in 99% of fights for ce. I'll take bigger clip size and it's role in the sandbox over the h5 pistol anyday, even if it was hitscan. the 5 shot kill / low clip really limits it. 1v2's are a thing in ce, they aren't in h5. if it was 4 shot with a 12 bullet clip, I wouldn't argue if you thought it was #1. 

That said, h5 pistol is still good. like the h5 pistol is the baseline you want to start it. what you want to avoid is the h3 br or the h4 br. 

and please stop this split screen nonsense. if those people were on two dif xboxes, it would be okay? the problem isn't splitscreen, it's the lack of good MM that is the problem. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4 would be a better story if it focused more on finding Chief from the perspective of Blue Team and the Arbiter. Infinity finding Chief so soon is kinda wack. They drift around for years without being found and then suddenly forerunner planet and you've been sucked in and now its been like 2 hours and a human ship finally found you. 

• Like (+1) 1