FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

I too try to keep it classy by shittalking people who aren’t around to defend themselves.

You're a poopy head.

I don't mean to brag but I've beaten Mint Blitz in Warzone on his main in 2015.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

One of us. One of us.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty sure I bet Shekkles on Halo 5 once which means he is legally required to hand his moderator position over to me. 

• Toxic (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

I too try to keep it classy by shittalking people who aren’t around to defend themselves.

@Mint Blitz

Yo we shit talking you here, but this guy thought it wasn't classy. Can you pop in so this thread is certified classy? 

13 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I mean multi kills being 4.5 seconds isn’t a big deal. It’s simply giving you more time to find that random Joe.

It's 5 seconds, plus H5 has some of the the easiest and most powerful weapons in Halo history. Halo montages turned into a really unfunny joke with H4 and H2A but H5 takes the cake with how stupidly easy it is to get a killtastrophe with your eyes closed. And don't get me started on Warzone spawnkilling montages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, that's still dumb as fuck. But Mint Blitz got popular off of reverse boosting, alting and bot farming in social gametypes. Does nothing but ruin the game for everyone. Except for people like me that stomped him HAHAA. Stroke that ego.

For real, I hate that he got a following off of that. 

Those are better criticisms than him having AFK clips. I'm not disagreeing with you, I don't like it either. 

15 hours ago, careh said:

That's the point of the asymetrical timers, you could theoretically have situations where they come up at the same time, come up in almost complete isolation or one leading quickly into the other.

Also countermotion, just call it Vamp.

https://southpark.fandom.com/wiki/The_Ungroundable?file=UngroundablePic9.jpg

Please not "Vamp". That's all I picture when I hear that. "Leech" is a good name.  But the asymmetrical timers is a solid idea there. It's one of my favorite things about Hang Em and Rat Race.

• Simms (+1) 1

@MultiLockOn I know you don’t like the fact vibration is bad, it just is man. People hate it(majority) in competitive scenes cod,halo, gears you probably can find maybe one pro who uses vibration but the rest don’t. Vibration just can’t work. Even the elite controller where you can customize the level of vibration can’t be done properly. It’s just something most don’t like. Most of us can see, and most of us aren’t deaf, so we know when we’re being shot, reloading guns etc. you find me a game where vibration feels good, where the majority that played the game used vibration.

Vibration just isn't as great of a feedback system as it stands in a controller. Granted it can be useful and could be more useful, but probably won't. 

With just two motors your stuck with a stationary form a feedback and for me you can never get it to a level that is good. Its either too strong or too weak.
My ideal system would be small motors or a way to transfer the vibrations to the outer edges of the controller that would coincide with things like being shot from that direction, while additionally having dampening pads around the thumb sticks to avoid the vibrations interacting with them at all. Thats also going to add a lot of weight to the controller and unfortunately its a large task that controller engineers probably won't solve, its very unlikely to happen. 

34 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Vibration just isn't as great of a feedback system as it stands in a controller. Granted it can be useful and could be more useful, but probably won't. 

With just two motors your stuck with a stationary form a feedback and for me you can never get it to a level that is good. Its either too strong or too weak.
My ideal system would be small motors or a way to transfer the vibrations to the outer edges of the controller that would coincide with things like being shot from that direction, while additionally having dampening pads around the thumb sticks to avoid the vibrations interacting with them at all. Thats also going to add a lot of weight to the controller and unfortunately its a large task that controller engineers probably won't solve, its very unlikely to happen. 

Most competitive gamers like controllers that are light. There’s a reason people remove bumpers from controllers. If I’m getting vibration when shot at it makes aiming on them difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Most competitive gamers like controllers that are light. There’s a reason people remove bumpers from controllers. If I’m getting vibration when shot at it makes aiming on them difficult. 

Like I said, its not a problem that controller engineers are likely to solve. To make vibration a worthy form a feedback you have to sacrifice weight to add more motors or some system to transport them around the controller and dampeners around the analogs so that it doesn't interfere with them in any way. Once you have the system to implement those changes, then you can look for ways to reduce weight so that it isn't very weighty, but its way too much time and money for them to solve that issue. 

Personally I like the metallic parts of the elite controller, it feels more sturdy and gives better feedback upon presses. Pieces like the bumpers on the regular xbone controller feel extremely cheap, I don't enjoy them at all. I'm all for sacrificing a little bit of weight, but thats just me. 

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Like I said, its not a problem that controller engineers are likely to solve. To make vibration a worthy form a feedback you have to sacrifice weight to add more motors or some system to transport them around the controller and dampeners around the analogs so that it doesn't interfere with them in any way. Once you have the system to implement those changes, then you can look for ways to reduce weight so that it isn't very weighty, but its way too much time and money for them to solve that issue. 

Personally I like the metallic parts of the elite controller, it feels more sturdy and gives better feedback upon presses. Pieces like the bumpers on the regular xbone controller feel extremely cheap, I don't enjoy them at all. I'm all for sacrificing a little bit of weight, but thats just me. 

You also gotta realize it probably just can’t be done. It’s like the virtual reality helmets. Everyone wants VR like the SAO anime but that most likely can’t be done. Lmao at least not without human testing.

Just a request but can you guys with the same avatar go back the your original one, my peripheral vision doesn't like seeing the same image and not knowing who it is without reading the name lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Just a request but can you guys with the same avatar go back the your original one, my peripheral vision doesn't like seeing the same image and not knowing who it is without reading the name lol. 

So basically you’re lazy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

So basically you’re lazy.

It doesn't concern you, do you have to comment on everything 

30 minutes ago, JordanB said:

It doesn't concern you, do you have to comment on everything 

Yes, yes I do. You got a problem with that? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

16 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Yes, yes I do. You got a problem with that? 

Just don't really understand it. Also considering your reply made it seem like I was rude and demanding. Even though I started it off as "just a request" and explained my reasoning why. If they don't change it, then they don't. I didn't come in here "change it back or gtfo". 

But hey do whatever you feel is best use for your time. 

2 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Just don't really understand it. Also considering your reply made it seem like I was rude and demanding. Even though I started it off as "just a request" and explained my reasoning why. If they don't change it, then they don't. I didn't come in here "change it back or gtfo". 

But hey do whatever you feel is best use for your time. 

It definitely sounded demanding. And your reply was rude towards me. I said your were laZy for having to read, it’s hardly that bad of an insult.

• Downvote (-1) 2

2 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

It definitely sounded demanding. And your reply was rude towards me. I said your were laZy for having to read, it’s hardly that bad of an insult.

I'm sorry that one request and ending it with an lol comes off as demanding to you. Damn, everything that's gone on in this thread yet my comment was demanding. I should have known. 

And I read this thread every day so it's ironic you describing me as lazy for having to read. Why insult me at all for something that doesn't concern you. 

Anyway, this isn't needed, they can either change their avatar or not, your reply will do nothing to change that and really doesn't contribute to the conversation. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LimeSoda said:

https://xbox-clips.com/LIMESDA/d1adc8aa-0a31-4407-90f2-7e9b54b0347c/2533274893419745/a673e16c-f9e8-40c7-bffd-1bc574814574/

Anyone else feel like more bloodshots happen on MCC compared to OG somehow?

I get more bloodshots on people who are just sort of out in the open than I used to but I get less of the typical bloodshot from OG where someone is rounding a corner. The thing that happens on MCC way way more for me is actually just straight up killing people through walls.

https://i.imgur.com/UI8diB2.gifv I mean really lol

• WutFace (+0) 1

Anyone ever think of consistency is a bad thing? At least regarding shots? I look at ice and beasts reasons for hits can because it makes ranged fights consistent. But is this kind of consistency a good thing? Is it actually needed? Projectile makes ranged fights a guessing game, but I look at reach (TU & v7) and it’s clear hitscan didn’t help in ranged fights all the time. The bullet mag clearly wasn’t that high in reach but still retained amazing hit reg.

• Downvote (-1) 1